• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walking from Residence Inn Convention Center

smithfamilyof7

Mouseketeer
We're staying at the RI on our next trip down. Looking at Google maps, it's .6 miles from RI to the gate, which I'm guessing will take us about 15-20 minutes. We stayed at the Castle Inn years ago so it's just a tad further than that. Doable, but probably not the most fun thing to do after a long day.

I'd like to hear from those who have stayed near the Residence Inn and have walked to the Toy Story Lot, to hop on a bus to the park. It's a shorter walk, but I'm wondering how often the buses leave the lot? Would it be worth it to go this way or is it just a hassle?

The buses constantly run. We used them for 5 park days and only one night we had to wait a few minutes. If you don’t have strollers I feel like this is the Way to go.

You might find it quicker to walk to the parks in the morning when you're fresh. It's really not that far. Then take the bus back to the Toy Story Parking Lot after a full day in the parks. Plenty of people do both.

Red square is Residence Inn (Google Maps isn't very current - still shows construction) - blue X is the Toy Story Parking Lot, and the green asterisk is the entrance to the parks

upload_2018-7-8_23-8-13.png

We stay at the Hilton or Homewood Convention Center and use the Toy Story busses all the time. I don’t use them in the mornings though. Busses start running 1 hr before park opening and I like to be at the gates by then. In the morning we take an Uber ($6). We use the busses to go back and forth during the day/evening. Although I’ve not used a bus with the closing crowds.

We have always chosen to stay at the RI convention center since it opened, and we've considered the bus - but you've only got one short light to wait for (bus entrance going north on Harbor) so I feel like the bus would end up taking more time and being more of a hassle. It takes us 10-12 minutes to the gates...we are active mid 30s, have 3 kids under 6 (2 are in stroller, one walks.)

We've stayed at the Springhill suites tight next door twice and always walked. I can't imagine not walking in the morning-need to get the juices flowing.

Too impatient to wait for a bus.

I have stayed at the Marriott quite a few times and end up walking. Waiting for the busses takes time and I tend to find its quicker and easier to walk.

Another option would be to grab an Uber. Probably less than $10 for a car load of people.

I've used the Toy Story buses. It's one thing if you're staying south of the Toy Story Lot, but from RI, it's back tracking. It would make sense at night when you're tired maybe, if the line for buses isn't too long. I prefer walking, especially in the morning. Haven't stayed at RI, but from the corner of Harbor and Katella, which is only a little ways off, it's a 10-20 minute walk for us (family of 6--2 ambulatory 30-somethings, 1 kid walking, 2 kids in a stroller, and a 59-year-old with joint issues walking with cane or in wheelchair).

We have stayed at the RI and tried using the TS bus and felt like it wasted too much time compared to walking. We ended up walking directly to the park for the rest of the trip.

When we stay at Homewood Suites, Hilton or Raffles Inn, we always end up using the TS buses and love it. They are running on a pretty constant stream and except for some mornings, there is hardly any wait.

Unless you are very slow walker, it shouldn't take more than 10-12 mins to walk. Going to the Toy Story lot is going to take you probably 7-8 mins, going the wrong way. Then you still have taking the bus to get there. As others have said Uber or Taxi would be cheaper if you really aren't up to the walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter