walkers as wheel chairs

pooh4me

DIS Veteran
Can you get a pass for walkers as wheel chairs that I can take it in the que lines? I can walk but I can not stand in a que line ,I have to sit to relieve back pain. Standing in place will make que lines not usable for me. I don't need to use handicap lanes I am willing to wait in a regular line.

Can you get a pass for walkers as wheel chairs that I can take it in the que lines? I can walk but I can not stand in a que line ,I have to sit to relieve back pain. Standing in place will make que lines not usable for me. I don't need to use handicap lanes I am willing to wait in a regular line.
My Disneyland experience with a walker was it could go in the regular line if it was accessible, but you had to use the accessible entrance if the regular line wasn't (I guess stairs in a queue might be an exception, if you can carry it up and down stairs.) The reason was, they can't pass the walker over a ride like POTC that loads and unloads on different sides. Or DL's Peter Pan, where you load and unload at different locations (there's no moving walkway at DL), so you'd need to load at the exit to make sure your device is there. If it's something like a cane, that goes on the ride with you. But a larger device there is a practical reason why you may be directed to the accessible entrance. This will probably only come up on a few rides at MK, so it's probably just best to ask at the ride entrance which way you should go.

depending on where you go ( Disneyland has fewer assessable lines then Disney world dose)

at both Disney parks you can take a mobility device in line with you if the line is assessable there are 3 main type of lines

1 the line is fully assessable ( so you can take what ever with you)

2 the line is assaessbel up to a point ( normally this is do to stare) A CM will let you know if you need to do something, a few rides like this
are splash and TSMM

or the lines are not assessable with in case you will be given ticket with a time to come back a few of this line are JC BTMRR space mountain space ship earth

will depend on reason for handicap line whether you have to use handicap area or not. for most rides that have handicap area you will have to use it as walker will not be able to ride with you so it will need to wait like a wheelchair not handed thru. if that makes sense

I will be going to Disney World. Do I need a card or tag for my walker to use it as a wheel chair like you have all answered. Thank you for your help this is my first trip with the rollator with seat, yes it does fold and I can do a few steps.

I will be going to Disney World. Do I need a card or tag for my walker to use it as a wheel chair like you have all answered. Thank you for your help this is my first trip with the rollator with seat, yes it does fold and I can do a few steps.
just to make thing clear for you you will not need any kind of tags or card your walker is a mobility device and will be treated as such ( just like a wheel chair, or ECV) you will not be allowed to take your roller with you on the rides them self ( but you will be able to take it with you in lines) if there are stares ( like at TSMM) you will be directed to the alternative entrance ( a CM will let you know where to go) you will not need any thing at all since the CM can see your mobility device ( just a side not TSMM has a 3 track and the line for it is assessable, but not for someone that need to stay in a when chair they will contuse to use the old one)

have a fun trip

if you can only walk a few steps at a time, I would recommend going ahead and renting a wheelchair for the day, as a rollator is not designed to be "ridden", only to be sat in with the brakes locked. (Sorry, but I'm a physical therapist and felt like it needed to be said, as safety awareness is part of my job ;) ) You also may find that riding in your rollator as if it's a wheelchair is more uncomfortable for the distances Disney requires, as well as the obvious safety factor, like different surfaces, bumps, not to mention the inevitable running into people/people running into you as crowds usually do.

Have a magical trip and don't worry too much about the little things, they always work out and you'll always have access to cast members who will be able to help you!

some probably already know this, but there is a specific type of rollator that is made as both a rollator/walker and as a transport chair. I have both kinds -- a regular one, and the hybrid kind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter