Walker rental or purchase at WDW

zzyzx409

No Ears yet!
Well, it finally happened. I now need to use a walker just to get around the house.

We have a trip to WDW coming up and we will be staying at OKW in a one bedroom.

I use an EVC (Go Go Sport) when I go out to anywhere and I take it with me to WDW. But I can’t use the scooter in the room and I am too unsteady for a cane these days.

I am trying to find a place near WDW where I can rent or purchase a walker and have it delivered to OKW.

I thought of having Amazon ship one to OKW, but sometimes their service is late and if it was delayed a couple of days it could be halfway trough our trip (we are only staying Sunday - Friday).

Any help much appreciated.

Andy D

I did a quick search at walmart like I was ordering groceries to be delivered and they do have a walker for $50. So perhaps that is a way.

I looked at Walker mobility and they don't seem to rent out walkers.

Another thought....can it fit in your luggage? Looking at my DH's, if you take off the lower legs, it looks like it could fit. But haven't tried it.

Last edited:
How do you travel with a EVC? Do you drive the EVC to the stroller drop off on the plane walkway? Would you need your walker to get from that point to your plane seat?

Sorry if I sound like a ninny, we aren't at that point, so I'm just throwing thoughts out there.

I recommend bringing your own so you'll have it to use at the airport. However if that isn’t feasible, you can rent one from Orlando Medical Rentals. Depending on how basic or elaborate you want/need, it may cost less to buy - but what would you do with it at the end of your trip?

Enjoy your vacation!

How do you travel with a EVC? Do you drive the EVC to the stroller drop off on the plane walkway? Would you need your walker to get from that point to your plane seat?

Sorry if I sound like a ninny, we aren't at that point, so I'm just throwing thoughts out there.

Yes, that is exactly it. I drop the scooter off where they drop off strollers, right by the aircraft door. In the past I just caned it onto the aircraft from there. I may have to use my walker to get to my seat, I was hoping to find a different way, just because of all the stuff we already have.

I have a carry-on with medical stuff and my wife has the carry-on with cameras and electronics. Just managing all that stuff is going to be a challenge with my new limitations.

Thanks,

Andy D

You could also ask to use the aisle wheelchair to get to your seat, if necessary. Then you could just rent the walker if you only need it in your room.

I understand trying to figure out mobility equipment. When I take my sister places, we always have to go through which device will work best for her in each situation. We are doing California in August and have already started debating what device to take and what to rent, if needed.

What zzyzx409 said.

I use a backpack for medical carry-on and use my cane or hold onto the seats on both sides when walking the aisles to my seat.

Yes, that is exactly it. I drop the scooter off where they drop off strollers, right by the aircraft door. In the past I just caned it onto the aircraft from there. I may have to use my walker to get to my seat, I was hoping to find a different way, just because of all the stuff we already have.

I have a carry-on with medical stuff and my wife has the carry-on with cameras and electronics. Just managing all that stuff is going to be a challenge with my new limitations.

Thanks,

Andy D

Gold Mobility rents walkers and has excellent customer service.

Also, check to see if a walker is available via Amazon Prime Now for the OKW zip code (not sure what it is, sorry), if so they deliver within two hours, sometimes one depending on the area and they are usually earlier than promised. It will get delivered to bell services who will bring it to your room though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter