Walk up 'strategy' for Be Our Guest or Cinderella's Royal Table?

trainpuncher

Earning My Ears
tldr: is there a reliable way of getting walk ups to what seem to be THE hardest reservations at Magic Kingdom? do I just camp outside and spam the app?

hey folks! 2 day ago I found out I had a 'mandatory' vacation time between July 5-9 and had no idea what to do...for like 30 seconds. it was obvious going to Disney World for the first time was the right move. so we did it - and we're HYPED!

but as I delve more into the research I realize that it might mean missing out on some of these really key spots. we live on the west coast so going to WDW often is difficult, so my girlfriend and I are likely not to make this trip for a really long time.

I currently have a bunch of alerts set up on ***********, the two you're allowed on touringplans ( I missed one at 3:30 am!!), and even a few paid ones. I'm manifesting that I'll get one, but am prepared for the not best scenario.

So - can someone educate me on how walk ups work? Do I just sit at the restaurant nearby, and refresh nonstop when it opens at 11? Is there even a strategy?

Thanks and see you all at the most magical place on earth ✨

Definitely keep checking the app/online at random times between now and your trip. Your best chance is 24-48 hours ahead of time when people might rearrange their trip. Because things like Cinderella's Royal Table are pre-paid, they are less likely to be cancelled last minute. I also don't believe they do "walk ups" like a few of the other restaurants, where you can get your name put on a list at the beginning of the day. In general, I think fewer people are rearranging/dropping table service meals--especially in the parks--now that you need to have park reservations scheduled ahead of time too. Good luck!

There is a free reservation finder called touring plans as well. Set up your account first then switch over to the restaurant finder. Given your time constraints I would put in two requests for the same eatery at different times, place your cellphone for contact with an audible alert. Rarely fails me.

There is a free reservation finder called touring plans as well. Set up your account first then switch over to the restaurant finder. Given your time constraints I would put in two requests for the same eatery at different times, place your cellphone for contact with an audible alert. Rarely fails me.
Usually never fails me. But not a single alert using it for our latest trip. Just not enough capacity yet so nobody is giving anything up.

I've been here 7 days and have only seen 1 BOG pop up for lunch and nothing for CRT. I have been checking the dining every 15 minutes while I have been waiting in ques. At this moment, there is just not enough staff to cater to every restaurant being back to full capacity.

Both BOG and CRT do have a walk up list option on MDE. I'm not entirely sure how it works, but I believe you have to be nearby (possibly even in the park) to join.

From the WDW website:

How It Works
It’s easy to add yourself to the mobile walk-up list of a restaurant during your visit. All you need is your phone and the My Disney Experience app!
Here's how it works:
  • Check availability at participating restaurants via the app—or by scanning a QR code located in the restaurant’s lobby. There’s no need to visit the host stand to check availability.
  • Then, use the app to add your party to the walk-up list of an available restaurant. At this time, you can also confirm your party details, including special dietary requests.
  • Once your table is ready, you’ll be notified to proceed to a specified location.

thanks for your help everyone! i actually managed to snag a time (thank you touringplans!!!) and will be having a great dinner. take care yall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter