WALK UP LIST / STANDBY FOR RESTAURANT

nkmorgan87

Earning My Ears
Has anyone had experience with accuracy of estimated wait times on MDE app for restaurants?

More specifics: Hoping a reservation for Ohana dinner will pop up, been checking daily for the past few weeks with no luck. Worst case we can try to dine their without a reservation but I don't want to waste a whole lot of time waiting around if wait time isn't accurate

long story short, anyone have experience waitlisting Ohana at dinner and did it work out?

People will cancel the day before to avoid the penalty. Check religiously the day before you want to eat there. Someone is bound to cancel. It might not be the time you want, so you need to be flexible.

This was our experience with the Ohana waitlist. I had a reservation that was accidentally canceled. We decided to try to get on the waiting list and see what happened. It was Friday 2/11 and we got there just before 8. You can join the waitlist on MDE as soon as you get to the resort. It won't let you join until you are there. It said there was a 45 minute wait so we went outside to watch the fireworks. We weren't out there 5 minutes when I got a text that our table was ready. We were seated quickly and watched the remainder of the fireworks from our table! There were several empty tables in the restaurant. So we had great success joining the waitlist but that may have been because we were there later in the evening. Either way, it's worth a shot!

Use one of the automated reservation finders. Just do a web search for "wdw reservation finder," or something similar - you'll find one that you can use.

I have almost this same question, hopefully I can just tag onto this post.

We are hoping to get a reservation for Steakhouse 71, I'm kicking myself for not booking there at our 60 days. It will be a Sunday night during the spring break season. We have reservations at Paradiso37. I am hoping to join the walk up list for Steakhouse 71 that morning. I'm worried about canceling our dinner reservations before though and end up with nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter