• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk-up list rules

donnishobson

Mouseketeer
If you add your name to a walk-up list and are called, how much time do you have to get back to the restaurant? Are you charged the no-show fee if you don’t get back there in time? Do you have to cancel before a certain time?

They send a text when your table is ready. I was told that I could respond to the text if I changed my mind.

Thanks. I guess I don’t need to worry about it then.
Except it would be kinda nice to decline as soon as possible and then the next person on list does not have to wait until your return time expires. I am guessing the difference could be 15 minutes maybe?
I am not trying to be rude with this , just hope it is not misinterpreted as you won’t be charged so just ignore . But it is correct , you are not under any obligation.

I meant that I could reply to the text to see if they could hold the reservation if I was in line for something or on the other side of the park. I would certainly cancel immediately if I decided not to go. I just didn’t want to have to wait near the restaurant for a long time.

Not to hijack your thread but is this something that is done at the beginning of the day or closer to dinner time? We planned a last minute trip and are not able to get all of the reservations we wanted so we are hoping for a wait list opening.

I meant that I could reply to the text to see if they could hold the reservation if I was in line for something or on the other side of the park. I would certainly cancel immediately if I decided not to go. I just didn’t want to have to wait near the restaurant for a long time.
I did this on our trip end of September. Requested Sci Fi and was told it would be probably 45 minutes, so walked over to RnR as it had a 15 minute wait. As soon as we got over to get in line for RnR got called. Walked back to the restaurant and must have made it in time as we were seated as soon as we returned.

Not to hijack your thread but is this something that is done at the beginning of the day or closer to dinner time? We planned a last minute trip and are not able to get all of the reservations we wanted so we are hoping for a wait list opening.
Keep looking even day of. I was looking this week and saw last minute availability for CG, SciFi, Kona, Ale and Compass, Teppan Edo, Rose and Crown, GG, etc. If you are flexible you will find something. Also use the Touring Plans reservation finder.

Yes definitely keep looking day of - for example - we have been trying to get a dinner reservation at Beaches and Cream for our november trip. Right now (and it's friday too) there is availability on the walk up list).

You have 10 minutes to return. If you change your mind or can’t get back in time you can respond “decline” there does not seem to be a way to respond to rejoin. You can probably join again from the app. Love this feature!!

Search for the specific restaurant in the app, and when you pull it up, you will see a "join walk-up list" icon next to "view menu" and "get directions."
How does this work if you have a late ADR and would like to try to be seated earlier? e.g. we have a reservation for 7:50p but might try for 5pm - assume we wouldn't get assessed the cancellation fee if we were seated earlier?

How does this work if you have a late ADR and would like to try to be seated earlier? e.g. we have a reservation for 7:50p but might try for 5pm - assume we wouldn't get assessed the cancellation fee if we were seated earlier?

Well, pre COVID, we would just walk up and say we have an ADR for x time, but we're hungry now. Is it possible to seat us early, and they could usually accommodate within a reasonable amount of time. Now, I have no idea if they could seat you due to reduced capacity, but I assume they will still try to accommodate you, and I highly doubt you will be charged unless you end up going somewhere else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter