Walk-up Grand Flo Cafe

vcb

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any luck with walk-up at the Grand Floridian Cafe? I didn't get an ADR and I've been stalking for weeks. I'm using the reservation finder too.

thanks!!

Last time I ate there, I saw people walking up about asking about wait times, but keep in mind this was right around Sept, so not too many people at the resorts yet.

For most places, you can inquire. Always walk up and inquire. You'd be surprised how many restaurants you see not available and you can just put your name in. Granted, places like Ohana and a few others you may find hard to get by walking up. Also, even if you see the Walk Up Availability in the app only showing a few restaurants, STILL walk up and ask to see how they're booked for the day. Disney does not want to turn away a guest who wants to dine and spend money, so if there is room they will let you know.

I love Homecomin'. You can only find it when you book 60 days out early in the morning online, butttt Homecomin's walkup is always 40min or less from my experience. I originally thought this was a not walk-up available type restaurant and its reservation only, and since you can't find them online, I just assumed. But sure enough I saw others walk up asking about the wait. I never book it via Disney anymore, I just walk up and assume it could be 60 min wait or less at Homecomin'.

Be Our Guest I can see having zero availability, but that's a given, and even then I see people walking up and asking just to see.

I was able to walk up to Grand Floridian Cafe, but it was probably in September. I noticed that there was a later reservation available and the walkup option was enabled via the app, but I couldn't join the list from across the lake. By the time I got close, both the reservation and walk up list were unavailable. I asked at the desk, and they put me on a list. I went upstairs to the Enchanted Rose for a drink, and got a text within 20 minutes that a table was ready for me.

How do you see the walk-up option? I didn't know this even existed. I was just going to walk-up...do you have to be in the area/park the day of?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter