Walk to Hoop de Doo?

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
I’m trying to get my mind around distances at the campground. I’ll be staying in a cabin likely near the entrance. How far is it to the Hoop Dee Do in miles?

Cousin Ed is right. If you are in a cabin on, let's say, Willow Way, the distance to Pioneer Hall is just over a mile.

Last edited:

It's interesting to me that alizesmom never mentioned walking.

Forgive me for hijacking this thread but I am considering another Hoop de Doo reservation as we loved it several times.

Did I read correctly that you cannot go from WL re boat to Campground anymore, thus can't just walk there from the boat drop off?

Not even from MK? After a zillion trips in the past, the boat situation has me thrown a little.

Thank you for letting me ask this question.

Forgive me for hijacking this thread but I am considering another Hoop de Doo reservation as we loved it several times.

Did I read correctly that you cannot go from WL re boat to Campground anymore, thus can't just walk there from the boat drop off?

Not even from MK? After a zillion trips in the past, the boat situation has me thrown a little.

We haven’t been to the fort since October, but I believe the situation is currently the same. There is definitely a boat from magic kingdom to the fort, and you get off very close to where the Hoop Dee Doo is.
I don’t believe there are boats from the resorts to the fort running yet. But there is a bus that goes the back road from wilderness lodge to the fort, and that also lets you off very close to where the Hoop is. 😊 hope that helps!

We haven’t been to the fort since October, but I believe the situation is currently the same. There is definitely a boat from magic kingdom to the fort, and you get off very close to where the Hoop Dee Doo is.
I don’t believe there are boats from the resorts to the fort running yet. But there is a bus that goes the back road from wilderness lodge to the fort, and that also lets you off very close to where the Hoop is. 😊 hope that helps!
Thank you very much. Helps with planning.

The big boat still runs between MK and the Fort dock.

Prior to the covid shut-down, there was also the small boat that ran from the Fort dock to Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary Resort. This boat has been discontinued with no signs of returning.

Since you mentioned Wilderness Lodge, there is a bus that runs between the Fort's Settlement Bus Depot (which is a short walk from HDDR) and Wilderness Lodge. When you go out to the WL bus station (where they pull in and out), a bus will come along that has "Fort Wilderness" on its overhead digital sign on the outside that will get you there.

The walk to HDDR from the Fort boat dock and the walk from the Settlement Bus Depot are both very short.

Bama Ed

The big boat still runs between MK and the Fort dock.

Prior to the covid shut-down, there was also the small boat that ran from the Fort dock to Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary Resort. This boat has been discontinued with no signs of returning.

Since you mentioned Wilderness Lodge, there is a bus that runs between the Fort's Settlement Bus Depot (which is a short walk from HDDR) and Wilderness Lodge. When you go out to the WL bus station (where they pull in and out), a bus will come along that has "Fort Wilderness" on its overhead digital sign on the outside that will get you there.

The walk to HDDR from the Fort boat dock and the walk from the Settlement Bus Depot are both very short.

Bama Ed
Thank you for taking the time to explain. Last Question I promise: Is there parking at the Bus Depot where you wait for an internal bus?
(We will miss that small boat as we loved to visit Ft. Wilderness Trading Post and the eating place when at WL).

Thank you for taking the time to explain. Last Question I promise: Is there parking at the Bus Depot where you wait for an internal bus?
(We will miss that small boat as we loved to visit Ft. Wilderness Trading Post and the eating place when at WL).
Yes, there is parking at the entrance where all the bus stops are. Just have a ADR and you're good to go.
EDIT:
Obviously you can take Disney transportation and not worry about parking.

Last edited:
Thanks, @Stratman50th :cool2:, for posting the map. Makes talking about this easier.

HDDR is #13 on the map down in the Settlement corner of the map (lower left side).

#11 is the boat dock from MK. Short walk to HDDR.

"A" is the Settlement Bus Depot. The bus from WL comes up from the bottom of the page to "A". Again, another short walk to HDDR.

I admit I'm a little confused since I don't know for certain where you are leaving from to come to HDDR. Is it MK or WL? We've provided info for both.

If you are headed to HDDR from MK or WL, there is no need for an internal bus. Referring to the map above, in the upper right side is the Outpost corner of the Fort. Note "B" is the Outpost Bus Depot, the "other end" of the Fort. Internal bus lines Orange, Yellow, Purple run back and forth between Settlement and Oupost Bus Depots all.day.long. As you can see, if you come on a boat from MK (bottom left) or bus from WL (bottom middle), you don't need an internal bus from Outpost.

Internal bus runs (any of the 3 colors will get you to Settlement & HDDR-only difference is the route within the Fort) are required for some HDDR attendees, though.
  • If you are coming via bus from Epcot, DHS, or AK, those buses arrive at Outpost so to get to location "A" requires an internal. Then you walk to HDDR #13.
  • If you are driving to the Fort from an on- or off-property resort (the guard at the gate will let you in when you say you have a HDDR reservation, you will park in the Outpost parking lot (or as he directs) and choose an internal bus line at the Outpost Depot and ride down to location "A". And again walk to HDDR #13.
Enjoy your show.

Bama Ed

at the Lodge look for the yellow campground bus. you are dropped off close but on the other side from where boat drops off
Wow...I never knew that existed. And I stayed 4 nights at CCV in March!!! (didn't go to Campground at all).
Thanks, @Stratman50th :cool2:, for posting the map. Makes talking about this easier.

HDDR is #13 on the map down in the Settlement corner of the map (lower left side).

#11 is the boat dock from MK. Short walk to HDDR.

"A" is the Settlement Bus Depot. The bus from WL comes up from the bottom of the page to "A". Again, another short walk to HDDR.

I admit I'm a little confused since I don't know for certain where you are leaving from to come to HDDR. Is it MK or WL? We've provided info for both.

If you are headed to HDDR from MK or WL, there is no need for an internal bus. Referring to the map above, in the upper right side is the Outpost corner of the Fort. Note "B" is the Outpost Bus Depot, the "other end" of the Fort. Internal bus lines Orange, Yellow, Purple run back and forth between Settlement and Oupost Bus Depots all.day.long. As you can see, if you come on a boat from MK (bottom left) or bus from WL (bottom middle), you don't need an internal bus from Outpost.

Internal bus runs (any of the 3 colors will get you to Settlement & HDDR-only difference is the route within the Fort) are required for some HDDR attendees, though.
  • If you are coming via bus from Epcot, DHS, or AK, those buses arrive at Outpost so to get to location "A" requires an internal. Then you walk to HDDR #13.
  • If you are driving to the Fort from an on- or off-property resort (the guard at the gate will let you in when you say you have a HDDR reservation, you will park in the Outpost parking lot (or as he directs) and choose an internal bus line at the Outpost Depot and ride down to location "A". And again walk to HDDR #13.
Enjoy your show.

Bama Ed
Fantastic information. So kind of you and everyone to help. I'm printing it all out and keeping it. We're at BWV but trying to modify to CCV or BRV. Next resort 8 weeks later is Poly. So all the information will definitely help. Thank you again.

Sure - and one last point.

@Betty Rohrer is absolutely correct that the "yellow" internal bus, after it reaches the Settlement Bus Depot, is usually the physical bus that runs down to WL, picks up passengers, and heads back to the Fort.

But you have to look at the bus digital signage.

When the bus reaches the Settlement Bus Depot, its signage changes. It will switch away from "Yellow Route" and put up "Wilderness Lodge" on its signage before it leaves for WL. And at WL, its sign says "Fort Wilderness" although when it reaches the Settlement Bus Depot, it will flip to "Yellow Route" and run up to the Outpost Bus Depot. But usually (not always) it's the same physical bus.

When in doubt, ask your bus driver before you board.

Not trying to head fake you, it's just that if you thought Port Orleans Riverside or Caribbean Beach was difficult with its multiple bus stops, the Fort is more so because of the internal/external dimensions.

I hope to make a Hoop reservation later this fall so I'm trying to help to make sure your experience at the Fort/Hoop is a good one. And if you look at my signature, I stay at the Fort because I choose to. HDDR is one of those old time fun experiences that folks of all ages seem to enjoy.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter