Walk from Toy Story?

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
Can you walk to the park from the toy story parking lot? Is it about the same distance as walking from Mickey and friends parking structure?

You can walk. Distance is a bit longer, but not enormously so (about 1.25 miles from Toy Story-Esplanade vs little under a mile from Mickey and Friends-Esplanade). Though you have more lights and have to wait at crosswalks, so time may be considerably longer.

You can, we stayed at the Anaheim Carriage Inn (a little further down Harbor) and passed the parking lot every day as we walked to the park. Sometimes we took the bus at night from the park to the parking lot and walked the rest of the way to the hotel. There is a public sidewalk going into the parking lot and once you get in you are close to where you would get on the buses. It isn’t an unbearable walk but if you already parked at the parking lot I think it would just be easier to take the bus.

You can walk, but no mater how long the line for the busses seem, it will also be faster to take the bus, as they come one right after another when it is busy. If itnisnt busy you may have to wait up to about 5 minutes for the bust to leave.

I often choose to walk it back at the end of the day for the exercise! Like you, I’m a local who has sometimes only been there for half a day or something, and I’ve got to work off those dining splurges somehow!

It takes me close to 20 minutes when pushing a stroller. A lot depends on your luck at the lights.

Thank you all for the feedback. It was very helpful! I decided to walk both there and back (well, I actually ran there since I was late for my Minnie and Friends reservation at the Plaza Inn, but that is another story). It definitely feels a tad longer than the walk from M&F and not as enjoyable as you're walking down a busy street rather than through DTD, but still, not a bad walk really. When I tried to park at Mickey & Friends this morning it completely gridlocked. I think it would have taken an hour just to get to the pay booth. So I decided to pull out of line at the last minute and go over to Toy Story, a choice that basically saved our character breakfast. This morning was a ZOO.

Thank you all for the feedback. It was very helpful! I decided to walk both there and back (well, I actually ran there since I was late for my Minnie and Friends reservation at the Plaza Inn, but that is another story). It definitely feels a tad longer than the walk from M&F and not as enjoyable as you're walking down a busy street rather than through DTD, but still, not a bad walk really. When I tried to park at Mickey & Friends this morning it completely gridlocked. I think it would have taken an hour just to get to the pay booth. So I decided to pull out of line at the last minute and go over to Toy Story, a choice that basically saved our character breakfast. This morning was a ZOO.
Ugh, I don’t mind crowds once I’m in the parks, but the parking/security hassle is so off-putting. My daughter wants to go this morning because we think she’s tall enough to ride Goofy’s Sky School now, but I hate 10am openings, and Tuesdays are always extra horrible because of the MM... maybe I can convince her to do something else instead!

I only park at Toy Story. We got re-routed from the structure a couple of times back a few years ago, and I just decided NOPE, not parking there anymore.

Ugh, I don’t mind crowds once I’m in the parks, but the parking/security hassle is so off-putting. My daughter wants to go this morning because we think she’s tall enough to ride Goofy’s Sky School now, but I hate 10am openings, and Tuesdays are always extra horrible because of the MM... maybe I can convince her to do something else instead!

I only park at Toy Story. We got re-routed from the structure a couple of times back a few years ago, and I just decided NOPE, not parking there anymore.

It was really, really rough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter