Walgreens testing for Hawaii travel

My son, 23, and his friends are going mid May. They have a friend who lives on Kauai. They plan on going to a nearby Walgreens, but it doesn't offer the ID now.

He can drive an hour to an ID Now site, but he and his friends don't think it's necessary.

But.........If the test results can take up to 72 hours to come back, a possibility, and it comes back at 72 hours, and it has to be within 72 hours of the final leg, and it is a 10 hour flight to that last leg, wouldn't that test be too old?

The 72 hour window starts at the time their flight leaves unless they are visiting another island first or stop somewhere first. For example, if their flight is Saturday at 12:15 pm, their test has to be done after Wednesday 12:15 pm if they have a direct flight.

If they are stopping somewhere else first, then the test has to be within 72 hours of the departure of that flight. If his final flight takes off at 3:30 pm on Saturday, the test has to be after 3:30 on Wednesday.

I would not chance getting on the first leg of the trip not knowing if I could get on the flight for the last leg. Tell him to drive the hour for the ID Now test.

Thanks for the replies. I talked to my friend, her son is also going, and I explained the testing. She agreed they should take the drive as well.

Whether it was her conversation with her son, or mine decided to take my advice, 😉, they are going to go the ID Now route.

Best resource is gohawaii.com. Make sure you only get your test taken at one of the Trusted Testing Partners locations and get administered the NAAT test (approved test). Guests have arrived at HNL w/QR code showing either their test was administered at a non-approved location or they were given the wrong test.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter