• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wake-up Tinkerbell???

Disney_Mousketeers

Mouseketeer
I'm getting caught-up on podcasts and listened to one that had been posted in the last month where Bob was describing the Kaht Kam video during opening of the Magic Kingdom. He mentioned that people do not need to run others over in order to get to Space Mountain, which I completely agree people are rude!

At the same time, John mentioned that they may be on their way to wake-up Tinkerbell. Is this a real event every morning? We have been there for the pixie dust outside of the gate, but would love to enhance our girls experience even more by participating in some of those other magical events that we may not be aware. We are heading again in early May so I'm in hyper-planning mode

I'm also open to any other special openers at other parks if anyone has a suggestion.

Thanks, Tab

I don't believe so I think it might be something parents say to there kids

we have to be there first so we can wake up Tinkerbell

that kind of thing a justification for the rudeness!!

Actually, it is a real thing. There is a shop in Fantasyland and they select one child each morning to "wake up Tinkberbell." I've never seen it and don't know exactly how Tink is woken up but I'm sure others here can fill in the gaps with the specifics.

It is a real thing. I mentioned it to my neighbors before their trip -- I knew we would never get up early enough to get my niece there but thought it sounded fun -- and they actually were the first ones to Tinkerbell's Treasures (the shop) right behind the castle in Fantasyland when they went to WDW last fall.

If you're the first ones in the shop, you can ask to wake up Tinkerbell. My neighbor's six year old, Abigail, was handed a wand and was asked to tap on a little decorated box where Tinkerbell is said to sleep. When Tinkerbell wakes up, you can see her flying around the shop - it's part of the theming for the rest of the day, little flashes of her along the wall, near the ceiling. Abigail also got a 'magic moment' certificate that mentioned the store/waking up Tinkerbell and was signed by Peter Pan if I'm remembering correctly.

We did this on our last trip - but purely by accident! I knew about it, but didn't want to tear across the park on such a slim chance. The best thing is to obtain the precious 8 am ADR at CRT. Then you are done breakfast and at the rope in the castle for the opening. The store is directly across from there.

The store's name is Tinkerbell's Treasures just behind the castle. My understanding is you have to be the first guests in the store for the day and you have to ask a Cast Member if you can wake up Tinkerbell.

Thanks everyone - the CRT ADR is a great tip. Too late for our May trip, but when go back in December I may have to do just that.

With our 3 and 4 yr olds - we probably won't make it as the first ones, but I'll let you know if we do :)

We did this the girls loved it. You also can ask CM if you are not the first one there thay might let you still do this.:thumbsup2

I'll be the contrary minded.

My daughter (aged 4.5) did it on our last trip. IMO - completely overrated. DD was not impressed, nor was I. Tink "flying" around is just a series of lights flashing intermittently through the store. You can see this anytime throughout the day in the store. You don't have to be the one to actually tap the box first thing in the morning to do so.

You are much better off making a bee-line for Dumbo. Doing Tink will place at least 50 people ahead of you at Dumbo versus basically walking right on.

I am all for small, simple pleasures at WDW. I take great pleasure in many things there. But this is not one of them.

If you can't get the CRT ADR at 8am, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has 8am appts, and the BBB is also in the castle. That was our plan on our last trip. Not only did my DD4 get to wake Tink, but she was all dolled up to do it. The last post is correct, it's not a spectacular display, but my DD has a great imagination, and she thought it was very cool. And she did get a special certificate and a little baggie of Pixie Dust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter