Waitlisting...

gavsgirl

Mouseketeer
I currently have a vacation booked at GFV for September. However, like many, we purposely picked that time to avoid SWGE and ended up there for opening . My husband and family are fine with us switching to a time before but our timeframe is the month of May only and there’s very limited dvc available that suit what we need. My question is, could I waitlist what we would like for May but still keep our September on the chance we can’t get what we want or do you have to have enough points to cover all the reservations? I’m just not 100% sure I want to lose my September room if I can’t get what I really want for May. Thank you!

I currently have a vacation booked at GFV for September. However, like many, we purposely picked that time to avoid SWGE and ended up there for opening . My husband and family are fine with us switching to a time before but our timeframe is the month of May only and there’s very limited dvc available that suit what we need. My question is, could I waitlist what we would like for May but still keep our September on the chance we can’t get what we want or do you have to have enough points to cover all the reservations? I’m just not 100% sure I want to lose my September room if I can’t get what I really want for May. Thank you!

Yes, you would just set the waitlist to cancel the current reservation should the WL come through.

Yes, you would just set the waitlist to cancel the current reservation should the WL come through.
There is a question on the waitlist section of the reservation that asks if you give permission to borrow. I say no,(just to make sure) if the waitlist REPLACES an existing reservation. ::yes::

If a waitlist requires more points than you have available in your current UY, can you set it to purchase One-Time Use Points to fulfill?

If a waitlist requires more points than you have available in your current UY, can you set it to purchase One-Time Use Points to fulfill?

No, sorry. You can set it to borrow points, but purchasing OTU points requires speaking to a CM in person, giving credit card information. And can be done only at 7 months or less, of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter