• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlisting 101 - Am I doing this right?

marygrcevic

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!
Almost at the 7 month mark, yay!! There are 12 of us in my family - planning to book Beachclub 2 bedroom for 8 of us for 6 nights, which is currently available. For the remaining 4, will book Boardwalk Garden View Studio. But would really hoping that maybe that Boardwalk can be changed to a split stay with Beach Club, even if it is only for a night or two at the beginning or end. That way everyone can have a change to spend some time at Storm Along Bay. My question is this - when making my Boardwalk Studio reservation, do I need to book the first and last night(s) individually, as opposed to booking 6 nights at once? And then waitlist a night at the beginning of the trip and at the end of the trip, and build that way? Just looking for the best option and don't want to mess anything up, like having a cleared waitlist for one night knock out a 6 night reservation :oops:

Hi everyone!
Almost at the 7 month mark, yay!! There are 12 of us in my family - planning to book Beachclub 2 bedroom for 8 of us for 6 nights, which is currently available. For the remaining 4, will book Boardwalk Garden View Studio. But would really hoping that maybe that Boardwalk can be changed to a split stay with Beach Club, even if it is only for a night or two at the beginning or end. That way everyone can have a change to spend some time at Storm Along Bay. My question is this - when making my Boardwalk Studio reservation, do I need to book the first and last night(s) individually, as opposed to booking 6 nights at once? And then waitlist a night at the beginning of the trip and at the end of the trip, and build that way? Just looking for the best option and don't want to mess anything up, like having a cleared waitlist for one night knock out a 6 night reservation :oops:
You will want to make 3 separate BWV reservations: one night at the beginning, 4 nights in the middle and one night at the end. Then set up 2 waitlists at BCV with one night at the beginning and one at the end of the trip, specifying that if the waitlist comes through, it should replace the corresponding night at BWV.

The risk that you run at 7 months is that one or more of your BWV nights will disappear while you are waiting for the 7-month date to roll around for each of those 3 separate reservations. However, there are a lot of P/G studios so it's not a huge risk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter