Waitlist Support Group...who want's to join?

Hoping to make some one happy. I am calling today and releasing 2 nights for a 1 bedroom at BW standard view first weekend in November. We are now leaving Friday instead of Sunday.

Waitlisting BLT 2BR Lake view, slowly trying to get dec 4 - 9. Had this reservation made in Jan, but lost it b/c of unforseen events. Hoping to salvage my trip and get the some of the reservation back.

AND just like that...I'm down to ONE Waitlist. The studio room at BLT just came through! So now I'm wondering if I should waitlist another category of 2BR at BLT just to see if I can increase my chances of getting a room there as well for the rest of the party!

That post above was from April, got my hopes all up that perhaps my other waitlist would come through also. As of now, we are about 3 months away and still no luck. Every now and then I stalk the DVC website and I check a bunch of options for rooms but can only string one or two nights at other resorts together and not the 2BR we want at BLT at all.

I did change my WL to be 7 days just in case, since I'll take a last minute reservation for sure. We are one month away from purchasing our tickets and continuing our planning but I would love it if the WL is also granted sometime next month. :)

I had my mom booked at BWV P/G Studio Oct 9-11 with the rest of the week (11-15) booked in a studio at BCV. Had a wait list come through for her first 2 nights at BCV so she doesn't have to move. I really didn't think that was going to happen!

Back on a waitlist I go, that's what I get for changing my mind or rather the family changing my mind. Was trying to save points and book a lake view studio for 4th of July next year and that was a stretch as we only have 100pts at BLT now trying to switch to TPV, I don't see that happening. I realized I screwed up on the TOW and that everyone(older kids will need a separate room) would have to be on our reservation to go up so now looking to view from our room.

I am waitlisting BLT for Dec 1-4 in a one bedroom villa. Is this totally crazy or totally possible??? I've never waitlisted before. We had a studio villa at SRSS, but I just thought it would be fun to try a different resort. Thanks!

I am waitlisting BLT for Dec 1-4 in a one bedroom villa. Is this totally crazy or totally possible??? I've never waitlisted before. We had a studio villa at SRSS, but I just thought it would be fun to try a different resort. Thanks!
Last year I was stalking the website for 1 night in a 1 Bed in Dec, I was totally surprised at what showed up as available at some point. I think especially for a 1 bed there is a chance if you don't care about the view.

Next week I will be cancelling a BWV studio p/g for Oct 12-16. I imagine that will make someone happy :)

Last edited:
Back in... have a likely impossible waitlist for VGF for 12/16-12/19 in either a lake or standard view studio.
We've actually had it since May and the 7 month mark. We actually have a room at VWL for 12/17-12/19 before moving to BLT, so are really good no matter what, but still on the list!

I am constantly waitlisting because I am so wishy washy. I think I need counseling. :crazy:

I am currently waitlisted for 12/5 for a standard view studio at Polynesian or garden/pool view at BWV. Starting at less than the 5 month window I have been able to piece together 12/3 - 12/5 at BWV, 12/5 - 12/6 at GFV Std Studio and 12/6 - 12/10 at the Poly. I don't mind a split stay involving one move, but two is a little excessive. :teeth:

Our waitlist for AKL - Kidani came through! 11/5 - 11/7! So glad we won't have to switch resorts, especially with the Wine & Dine half marathon on Sunday. I will be taking a very long nap after the race!

Meeting up with friends on Sunday, Oct 2, to do HHN. Decided we'd be too tired to drive back to BWV afterwards, as it's our travel day and we'll be up with birds @ 3 am to catch flight - yuck.

Anyway, one night - Sunday, Oct2nd, a standard studio @ BWV will be canceling later today jik anybody is in need.

Happy Dance: My waitlist a Grand Cal Studio ... Dec weekend ... just came through! I had a 1BR booked (in hand) and that reservation has been replaced with the lower-point option of a studio, instead. This shapes up to be the last visit before the current passes expire the day after check-out. Nice!

We were planning to cancel the 1BR to conserve points for a visit to Hong Kong and Tokyo (shaping up for next year) ... but, perhaps now that it is only a studio, we will keep the dates. ;)

Newbie here from Australia. We're looking into renting points from the DVC Store. Hoping to come over next year around this time for one week and we'd like to stay in a studio at Boardwalk.

Do you think this is achievable or are we dreaming?

We'd love to hear your opinion as to how best to achieve this, thanks! :)

Newbie here from Australia. We're looking into renting points from the DVC Store. Hoping to come over next year around this time for one week and we'd like to stay in a studio at Boardwalk.

Do you think this is achievable or are we dreaming?

We'd love to hear your opinion as to how best to achieve this, thanks! :)

DVC members book 11 months out, so you should be good. contact the company you are interested in going through.

Well no wait list I successfully changed my ressie to the Polynesian studios this AM what a relief.

Thanks for your rely bobbiwoz :)
You're welcome!
December is a fun time to come, we're here now. There is lots of street atmosphere in all the parks. Some days it's warm enough to swim, other days, not as warm, so be aware of that!

Bobbi

On topic of wait list, decided to wait list a value studio for 1 night in March. We just added a 3 night cruise before our trip, and we fly in the night before the cruise.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter