Waitlist reliability?

RanDIZ

DIS Veteran AKV/CCV
I wanted to know if anyone else experienced poor waitlist reliability being fulfilled. I had 2 separate waitlists one for Boardwalk and the other Kidani for studios in Dec. I logged on 2 different times this month and under dashboard they were both showing waitlisted. Out of curiosity of overall availability, I decided to use the book vacation process on 2 separate occasions and noticed both my desired rooms were available. Without hesitation, I quickly reserved those rooms and then proceeded to cancel those waitlists. I wonder why they weren’t fulfilled beings that they were open to the public to reserve. Any thoughts or experiences? Thanks

Were they in fact the same view type?

The waitlist process runs as a timed job a couple times a day, and the view/type must match exactly.

I just got my waitlist for a studio at Beach Club Villas to extend my trip for 1 day in Mid September... probably waited 2 days to get the room... first time we have tried since the failed attempt at Grand California, which from what I read, is hard to waitlist.

I just had a one night waitlist at HHI come through. I had been checking every day, more than once a day.

For our March reservation (the one we had to cancel due to COVID!), we had two nights waitlisted to avoid a split-stay. That waitlist request got a match and showed up on my dashboard automatically.

For our future reservation, I had one night waitlisted so we wouldn't have to change resorts on the last night of our stay. I still did some stalking and eventually found that night available. So I modified my reservation to snag it and then cancelled the waitlist request.

I'm thinking the CMs who modify the reservation if a match is made might not have been in the office to complete the transaction... hence, why I was able to snag it myself via stalking. But that makes me wonder if someone else could have snatched it out from under me even though I had a waitlist request for it?

I have had the same happen multiple times over the years. WL a unit and then find it on my own. (same exact view, etc). I agree with earlier post that I think the WL is batched - only run a few times a day - so I typically check on my own if I really want it.

I've had luck in the past but for our upcoming trip in October, I was able to find the rooms on my own before the WL matched. Now just waiting for them to combine them into one reservation (I did email them last week). I'm just glad that I was able to piece the trip together and get the rooms we needed.

My understanding is that wait lists are fulfilled manually. I would assume with everything going on, those agents probably have their hands full with booking changes and all. I will say that up until this COVID mess, I had really good luck with waitlists coming through without any intervention for me. If you can wait until the 7 days before arrival, often at day 29 availability changes.

I never rely solely on waitlist. I usually set one up if there's something I need, but still continue to search for it myself at least daily and have had better luck on my own than having waitlists fulfilled.

I've never had a Wait List come through. It is more reliable to check back yourself every day to see if any part of your Wait List is available and get it. Some people have had a lot better luck.

We've had lots of luck with the WL. Sometimes not but usually that is because we've accessed the WL late at a high volume time.

I have had luck both ways. If it’s something I really want, and I am within the 7 month mark or a busy time, I stalk, especially since I usually have a 2nd or 3rd choice I’d take.

If it’s no big deal, then I let the waitlist have at it.

I have had luck both ways. If it’s something I really want, and I am within the 7 month mark or a busy time, I stalk, especially since I usually have a 2nd or 3rd choice I’d take.

If it’s no big deal, then I let the waitlist have at it.
I've also had mixed luck. Sometimes the WL comes through but I also stalk and sometimes get the room. I also stalk because I have a 2nd choice and if that one is available sometimes I'll change my whole plan.

My understanding is that wait lists are fulfilled manually.
Really?! I was always assuming that there was some computer program that fired off a couple of times a day to check all of the wait lists. What a waste it would be to have people do it manually.

Really?! I was always assuming that there was some computer program that fired off a couple of times a day to check all of the wait lists. What a waste it would be to have people do it manually.

The computer runs and matches them but they are processed manually.

So, there are times when you still see a waitlist on your dashboard, but it’s possible there is a match that just hasn’t been entered by a CM.

That is sometimes why I think we may see rooms there even with a waitlist because they don’t have a good way of showing you have a match that is waiting to be processed.

I have had that happen, change rooms, and cancel the waitlist and all of a sudden, the room I wanted is there. It leads me to believe that I might have had a match and when I canceled the waitlist, it released the room.

We have had success with the waitlist, but also always stalk. Each works about 50% of the time, so I'm a believer in putting the waitlist, but stalk.
Good luck.

I seem to always Be waitlisting. I recently had 2 waitlist that I filled by stalking. As soon as I canceled, the same days popped up available, so have to assume they had been matched to me, but never processed. Now I have a nearly impossible waitlist of prez weekend, Bwv standard studio. Sunday & Monday and a second one for just Sunday. I did start the 2 night one before the 7 month window opened. I have the Saturday before and the Tuesday & Wednesday after. its become a game for me now to see if I can get such a difficult Waitlist. I have a backup plan. It was not filled the last time I checked when calling DVC for another reason last week. I need to find a hobby.

Just had it happen to me. I was going to switch the week as it had more connecting days in a BWV view. As soon as I cancelled the waitlist the room showed up so I just grabbed it and kept my reservation the same.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter