Waitlist question.

Grotto

Mouseketeer
I am trying to understand the waitlist process. I had a Treehouse Villa booked for 2 nights in October. I was waitlisted for a 3rd night. I have been checking frequently online for other available rooms as I would be willing to stay in any 2 or 3 bedroom villa if I could get all 3 nights. So tonight during my search, I found the Treehouse available for the night I had waitlisted. I booked it separately and Member Services is going to join my reservations.

So does anybody know why that room would be available online? My waitlist did not come through. If I'm waitlisted, don't I get priority for that room for that night over somebody else randomly searching online for an available room?

I am also going to add that once you do have a waitlist match, it has to be processed by a CM. That can take days at times. Since they do not note that on the system, we really can't say for sure whether there is a match waiting.

It has happened to me where I found it, booked it, got the last room, canceled the waitlist and the room was there again. Pretty sure I released the room that they were holding. Of course, we also have no real confirmation on how often the system checks for waitlists so that is why most people continue to stalk because you can catch it at the exact same time.

For what it's worth, I no longer see a Treehouse Villa available for that night. So I think I grabbed the only one available before the system assigned it to me on the waitlist.

For what it's worth, I no longer see a Treehouse Villa available for that night. So I think I grabbed the only one available before the system assigned it to me on the waitlist.

If you canceled the waitlist and another one didn't show up after you booked it, then you weren't holding it. Great job getting it by stalking!

I was told the other day that my waitlist matched but the processing to send out the confirmation was delayed because I had it set up so that it would cancel an existing reservation but that reservation was under a different name. Also some address information was missing for some reason. I understood it to mean there were some extra steps DVC had to do on their side to handle it which slowed things down a bit

I am trying to understand the waitlist process. I had a Treehouse Villa booked for 2 nights in October. I was waitlisted for a 3rd night. I have been checking frequently online for other available rooms as I would be willing to stay in any 2 or 3 bedroom villa if I could get all 3 nights. So tonight during my search, I found the Treehouse available for the night I had waitlisted. I booked it separately and Member Services is going to join my reservations.

So does anybody know why that room would be available online? My waitlist did not come through. If I'm waitlisted, don't I get priority for that room for that night over somebody else randomly searching online for an available room?
Basically the waitlist is garbage and I always have better luck continually checking the site for the day/s I need.

I had a similar situation last month. Waitlisted for a studio at Poly but was able to book it by stalking the website. I wasn’t canceling or switching reservations, just a new booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter