Waitlist probability

Norton

Earning My Ears
Just wondering what the probability of getting your waitlist choice for April vacation weeks.

Just wondering what the probability of getting your waitlist choice for April vacation weeks.
Are you talking about a DVC waitlist? If so, a lot is going to depend on what your “waitlist choice” is. An AKV club level studio booked thru a broker? Chances are slim. A 1BR standard location at SSR? Probably as soon as they have an SSR owner with enough points.

That’s something you’d be better off posting on our DVC boards, as it‘s specific to making reservations with DVC points. :)

I’ll move it to DVC Member Services for you.

I was hoping to get the first week of May 2021 in a Value studio at Jambo. Of course they have been super duper hard to get in recent years but I thought what do I have to loose. I had 118 points to use ( 13 (2020 points) plus 105 ( 50% of my 2021points for a total of 118). I am telling y'all because NO ONE understands my excitement. I was able to book 6 nights first in a value 4/21-26, I waitlisted the day before and the day after to get 7 nights. When 26-27 popped up I grabbed it, cancelled that waitlist. When 27-30 popped up I grabbed it, cancelled another waitlist for those dates and the one in front of the reservation . Tonight I just got my 10th night in a value studio, 4/30-5-1. I cancelled that waitlist. So the waitlist gave me a sense of security but my stalking is what paid off. I have had waitlists automatically be added to me in the past. I have never had to piece a reservation like this and have felt like a true DVCer--and I only used 116 points. Boo-yah.

You need to waitlist but stalk stalk stalk.

Yea, stalking is addicting. I’ve been trying to add to my January trip because I canceled a cruise, so trying to limit how many times I move. I have 2 waitlist that are going no where. I wish they would come up with a way for you to know if they were grabbed but not processed. Maybe a check or processing next to it so you could drop the second waitlist And move on. My 7 month window hasn’t opened yet, so more availability then. My homes are Bwv and BLT and I have 300 banked points to use.

I'm cancelling a BCV studio [10/21 - 10/29] today, so that should make someone else happy.
I just don't see F&W happening this year and can bank those points and put them to better use down the road.

Just cancelled our 8 night BWV 1 Bedroom for 10/22 - 10/30. Five of the nights went right back into inventory, but the other 3 did not. Looks like those 3 nights went to the waitlist.

Just cancelled our 8 night BWV 1 Bedroom for 10/22 - 10/30. Five of the nights went right back into inventory, but the other 3 did not. Looks like those 3 nights went to the waitlist.

Boo hoo. We would have been there the same time!

Very sorry to be missing you. Maybe next year. Booked a late January trip and am looking forward to that. In the meantime, I'm living vicariously through the DIS. :)

Now retired, plan is monthly for a few nights through the winter...we will hit it at same time sooner or later!

I was able to piece together my vacation the week before Christmas this year after having to cancel my September vacation. I had was able to peice together a week at copper Creek studios and lake view poly studios separately before splitting it up how I wanted. So it is possible if you stalk it long enough and get lucky. I usually checked 3 times and day, and used a 3rd party website to check for me throughout the day and notify me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter