Waitlist possiblity?

ValpoMan

Earning My Ears
My wife and I are new DVC owners as of this week. We are very excited. Our home resort is Bay Lake Towers. We are planning on a trip in October 2018. Obviously BLT is not available and we understand that but we were able to get into Boulder Ridge.

We are waitlisted for BLT. My question is are the odds slim to none for us to get into BLT? We are assuming we should be happy we got Boulder Ridge but I am curious.....

Thanks in advance!

Are you waitlisted for a studio and a week long? Wanting both of those will make your chances much harder to acquire than if you only wanted a couple of days or larger unit, but then again, pixie dust may come your way. Good luck. BRV are very nice and you should be happy there.

We are waitlisted for the studios for 10/19 to 10/23. We tried for Lake and Theme Park view.

We are waitlisted for the studios for 10/19 to 10/23. We tried for Lake and Theme Park view.
Slim chance for the lake view. Almost zero chance for the TPV. You are likely to be behind a number of people who waitlisted for BLT at 7 months. It's a popular resort for the MNSSPH and MVMCP nights because it's an easy walk back to your room after the party is over. (There are parties on both the night of 10/19 and 10/21). Plus you're looking to book a weekend during Epcot F&W. Plus studios are the most in-demand type of villa at each of the DVC properties.

I think you will enjoy BRV. You have many years ahead of you staying at your home resort.

Oh, and Welcome Home!

We love BLT! We own most of our pts. at BRV(we are old school, still call it VWL, that will never change:D). If the waitlist doesnt come through, I wouldn't sweat it, since you have the 11 mos window to book at BLT, you will have many opportunities in the future to stay there.

VWL has much to offer these days. If you have never experienced the main lobby you are in for a treat. Some may disagree but I feel its the most beautiful among all the properties at WDW. Immerse yourselves into it all, the background western themed music, the crickets chirping at night while the lanterns flicker. Take a stroll on the 1 mile path over to Ft Wilderness, along the way you may very well see deer. Grab a breakfast at Trails End while there. Catch a boat just for the fun relaxation of it. Relax and unwind at Territory Lounge or Geyser Point. Take a Wonders o the Lodge Tour and really delve deep into the place. Relax by the fire at the main lobby or for an even more serene experience, check out the Carolewood Pacific room in the Villas lobby.

BLT will still be waiting for you when the timing works:-)

It's not impossible.

Wait lists do come through though. We had PVB October wait listed and it just came through for a couple night this weekend. Originally had BLT lake view wait listed, but changed to PVB wait list about a month ago. Doing a studio split stay now PVB for 3 nights and BLT for 5 nights.

Slightly better chance of having your wait list filled if you do first 2 nights lake view as one wait list and last 2 nights of your trip lake view. That way, if 2 nights become available, one wait list is filled. Have them keep the other open. It does risk staying at 2 resorts (split stay). Our first DVC trip back in 2009, we were thrilled to try two resorts when we were "stuck" with a split stay.

My wife and I are new DVC owners as of this week. We are very excited. Our home resort is Bay Lake Towers. We are planning on a trip in October 2018. Obviously BLT is not available and we understand that but we were able to get into Boulder Ridge.

We are waitlisted for BLT. My question is are the odds slim to none for us to get into BLT? We are assuming we should be happy we got Boulder Ridge but I am curious.....

Thanks in advance!

I became a new owner in May. My first DVC trip will be the week of Halloween. Of course there was nothing available during that week when I checked the website. During my orientation phone call I mentioned that I wanted to go the week of Halloween and the cast member made it happen for me. I've always wanted to stay at the Poly and he secured a room for me. He said it's called a "First Welcome Home." Call member services and see if they can help you out. :smooth:

I became a new owner in May. My first DVC trip will be the week of Halloween. Of course there was nothing available during that week when I checked the website. During my orientation phone call I mentioned that I wanted to go the week of Halloween and the cast member made it happen for me. I've always wanted to stay at the Poly and he secured a room for me. He said it's called a "First Welcome Home." Call member services and see if they can help you out. :smooth:

I believe your First Welcome Home trip is for new direct buyers, the OP most likely purchased resale since BLT has been sold out. DVC owns a small percentage of all resorts and can use those points for direct buyers first trips.

I had a couple of waitlists come through at BLT for 10/28-30. One night them park view, two nights lake view. I'm happy with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter