Waitlist merging reservations???

luvthatdisney

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I had booked an upcoming trip for 3 nights and we put in a waitlist for 1 extra night at the same resort. That came through a while back and I though nothing else of it. Our trip is one month away and I did not think anything of it (the fact we have 2 separate reservations) until I went to purchase the DDP and had to pay twice. Now I am thinking we will have to check in again and switch rooms.

Has anyone experienced this? I am guessing that the reservations can be merged somehow, but I worry we will lose dining plans or other things I have booked. Should I just leave it the way it is?

We had no problem merging our reservations, called member services and they consolidated them under the first confirmation number so hopefully you'll be able to do the same.

Call member services they will merge them into one. We made a trip last fall using a waitlist and 2 different contracts for a Tuesday and a Friday for our weeks stay, with the same use year. The waitlist came in about 2 weeks apart for the 2 days. Called MS and they merged them with no issues.

Definitely call, because if you leave it as separate reservations it is possible you will have to change rooms. I don't think there is a guarantee they will merge them for you, but you should try. There is a warning when you create a waitlist to not try for individual nights because of the chance of not getting a single room. But that typically is the best way to secure the nights you need.

Have them merged, I just did this, You can use the chat feature and they will put in the request, It took about 3 hours.

I would imagine they will refund the dining plan, but just add it back,

Keeping it as is with the plan, means you have two different ones. You will get two mugs etc, and they could Require a room switch,

Also, with it this way, the credits from the first 3 nights have to be used up before you can actually access the last night credits.

Thank you! Just got off the phone with Member Services and they had to cancel the dining plan on my waistlist night and then collect that amount back on the new merged reservation! Could not get that done via chat since I had the dining plan on both reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter