• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting room for queue is live for dining

Anyone been able to reserve anything at Carthay Circle after June 10? For some reason, it doesn't even show the schedule after that date, but you can book the other few restaurants.

Thanks for the app tip. I forgot about dining this morning, but was able to add a lunch at Carthay Circle a few minutes ago.

I saw the tip about hitting close on the app on facebook early this morning. I booked Cafe Orleans for lunch on 5/22. Not sure yet if I will keep it or not. Not totally in love with the menu, but have time to decide based on any earlier reviews.

I got Cafe Orleans and Lamplighter (which I don’t know that I want to keep it). I really wanted Carthy Circle. Not giving up yet!! I have until June 12th.

Is there anyone who has had success booking dining reservations recently that can share some tips? I've been checking every day as each new day in end of June/beginning of July opens up on the calendar (assuming that a whole new set of dining reservations opens with each day), and it always still shows "No times available" on the dining search. What's up with that?

Checking this morning for June 30, July 1 and 2 and seeing nothing available as well. Not sure if it s a glitch or if they are really going that fast.

My recommendation is to keep checking as your dates get closer. I suspect more dining options will become available and people will drop different days/times.

It’s likely reservations for those dates never opened up. There is no hard “60 day” rule for DLR opening up dining reservations. They are notorious for opening up reservations on random days with no rhyme or reason as to why. Keep checking back.

Were dining reservations required before COVID, or did they allow day of reservations as well, like they used to. Just curious if this is the norm now. It sorta sucks to not have the option for spontaneity.

Were dining reservations required before COVID, or did they allow day of reservations as well, like they used to. Just curious if this is the norm now. It sorta sucks to not have the option for spontaneity.

Dining reservations were required for table service before Covid. Like PP said, they technically were supposed to be 60 days in advance, but did not always appear at 60 days. Sometimes when I was waiting for Fantasmic Dining Package I would check every few days after 60 days and it would just randomly appear.

Dining reservations were required for table service before Covid. Like PP said, they technically were supposed to be 60 days in advance, but did not always appear at 60 days. Sometimes when I was waiting for Fantasmic Dining Package I would check every few days after 60 days and it would just randomly appear.

Thanks for the reply. Last time I went, summer of 2006, you could still walk up and make reservations the day of. I know WDW still allows something similar, it would be cool for DLR to do something similar. Taking away that option for spontaneity just feels like it becomes more of a chore than a fly by good time. Oh well, times change.

Thanks for the reply. Last time I went, summer of 2006, you could still walk up and make reservations the day of. I know WDW still allows something similar, it would be cool for DLR to do something similar. Taking away that option for spontaneity just feels like it becomes more of a chore than a fly by good time. Oh well, times change.

Sometimes they did have walk ups in 2018 and 2019 but soo many time I was at the host stand checking in and people ahead of me looking for walk ups were turned away.

Now with Covid, I really doubt they will have walk ups, even on slow days. Just keep checking each day and what you want should open up.

Reservations were highly recommended. Some restaurants did offer walk ins but it was on a case by case basis. So it was honestly better to have a reservation as you would have a guaranteed spot to eat.

Dining packages such as Fantasmic and WOC required reservations.

Well, the way I look at it, 60 days is preferable to 6 months in advance like WDW! Pre-COVID, some of the restaurants would allow walk-ups at times, even very popular ones like Blue Bayou, Cafe Orleans, and Carthay Circle. And people often cancel, so it always helps to check a few days before your planned arrival. I got lucky and scored an DLH Afternoon Tea reservation once off a cancellation - true pixie dust!

Really hope more options open soon. Looks like the only sit down place currently available at DCA in late June is the lamp light lounge. Carthay circle won't even let you check for reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter