Waiting outside Port Canaveral?

jessicadisneygirl

Always planning the next trip!
I have never cruised from Port Canaveral. We are arriving by rental car which I will need to return at the Enterpise at the port. Is there somewhere outside the building my kids and husband could wait if I drop them off directly at the Disney port and then go to return the car by myself? I’m assuming it would be easier for just me with no luggage to travel back to the port using the shuttle. And the husband and kids could get all of our tagged luggage dropped off with the porters while I’m returning the car. But if we arrive a little before our PAT to give me time to drop the car, would they be permitted to wait outside the building for my return? I don’t know what the security or lines are like at all. We did this at the Port of Miami with no problems. They even had some benches outside. Thanks!

Yes, there is a covered area just outside the terminal entrance. They have not been checking PAT for the past several months when you drop off your bags, but they do check your PAT just before you enter the terminal. So recently there have been small crowds outside waiting for their assigned PAT. I am not sure how much seating is available, but the area is covered. If you need to use the restroom, just walk back toward the garage on you can find them on the first floor. While your party is waiting they can go up to the top-floor of the parking garage and there is a nice view of the ship and the surrounding area.

Yes, there is a covered area just outside the terminal entrance. They have not been checking PAT for the past several months when you drop off your bags, but they do check your PAT just before you enter the terminal. So recently there have been small crowds outside waiting for their assigned PAT. I am not sure how much seating is available, but the area is covered. If you need to use the restroom, just walk back toward the garage on you can find them on the first floor. While your party is waiting they can go up to the top-floor of the parking garage and there is a nice view of the ship and the surrounding area.
Awesome! Thanks for the helpful advice!

There are some benches in the shade if you go 'down' the terminal (towards the higher numbers). There is also plenty of shaded are to stand in, and some benches that will be in the sun.

Whomever waits shouldn't have to very long, at least from our experience dropping off the rental and getting the shuttle back to the terminal was fast and painless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter