Waiting Lists

soarin three

Earning My Ears
I was surprised to find the number of trips accepting people to be placed on waiting lists. At first, I thought the trip was booked. When I called ABD, I learned that a group or company had booked these weeks. ABD was taking names on waiting lists in the event the company did not use all of the alloted trips. My problem is that the dates conducive to our traveling is on the blocked dates. ABD could not tell me the name of the group or how long the dates would be held. Would anyone know the group? Thanks

Dreams Unlimited has one of the April trips for Backstage Magic.

Does anybody know which company has booked the Jun 21 Germany or July 15 Alpine Magic trips? PM me if you feels it's inappropirate to post. Thanks.

I was surprised to find the number of trips accepting people to be placed on waiting lists. At first, I thought the trip was booked. When I called ABD, I learned that a group or company had booked these weeks. ABD was taking names on waiting lists in the event the company did not use all of the alloted trips. My problem is that the dates conducive to our traveling is on the blocked dates. ABD could not tell me the name of the group or how long the dates would be held. Would anyone know the group? Thanks
It would probably help if you specified which trip, and what dates. There are several out there.

Tobi

Thanks for the suggestion. I was referring to the Backstage Magic Trips in the summer months - late June.

This is where you get different information from different cast members depending on who you talk to . When I was booking my trip, I really wanted the week before that was listed as waitlist and the rep told me that they aren't actually trips yet rather they are taking names and if they get enough people who want a trip they will then add it. It could be a combination of private groups and actual trips not confimed yet. Who knows with ABD as with all things Disney you get conflicting information depending on who you speak to.

This is where you get different information from different cast members depending on who you talk to . When I was booking my trip, I really wanted the week before that was listed as waitlist and the rep told me that they aren't actually trips yet rather they are taking names and if they get enough people who want a trip they will then add it. It could be a combination of private groups and actual trips not confimed yet. Who knows with ABD as with all things Disney you get conflicting information depending on who you speak to.
Well, the dates for my Knights & Lights trip, which is currently a TA private group (depending on how many sign up) is one of the dates listed as "waiting list". (June 11th). So it's definitely true for some of the trips.

I wonder if some of the cast members are telling folks it's a "maybe" trip to avoid the inevitable "Who is the TA? Can you put me in contact with them? Why do you allow that? But I want THAT date!" kind of questions.

Sayhello

Thanks for the post. Can you tell me what is TA private group?
A Travel Agent makes arrangements with Adventures by Disney to have exclusive hold on a particular departure date for a tour. If the Travel Agent gets enough people to sign up for that tour, then no-one else is allowed on the tour, and it becomes a private tour just for the people who booked through that Travel Agent. But the Travel Agent does have to come up with a minimum number of people. If they don't, then ABD can open the trip up to additional outside people, and that would be why they are doing the waiting lists. If the Travel Agent doesn't meet the minimums, then ABD will add on the people on the waiting list. If the Travel Agent comes up with enough people, then the folks on the waiting list are out of luck, and have to book a different date.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter