Waiting List

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
If it says waiting list does that mean they are dates on hold to see if TA's bite on them? Is it possible that a WL could become and Adults only trip?

I really want to do an Adults Only trip to Hollywood but they are all reserved for later in the year! Maybe I am just wishful thanking:confused3

HG

If it says waiting list does that mean they are dates on hold to see if TA's bite on them? Is it possible that a WL could become and Adults only trip?

I really want to do an Adults Only trip to Hollywood but they are all reserved for later in the year! Maybe I am just wishful thanking:confused3

HG
What I have seen is that the Waiting List trips are exclusive trips (like the one you went on!) that TA's have contracted with ABD for. ABD reserves the right that, if the TA does not sell a minimum number of places on the departure, then they can open the tour up to other people. That's what they are keeping the Waiting Lists for. So if the TA has arranged for that departure to be an Adults Only trip, and it doesn't fill to a minimum, you could conceivably get on that tour; but at that point there's no guarantee it will stay as an Adults Only. Theoretically, anyone could book that tour; Adults or family. I'd like to think ABD would work with the TA to try & keep it Adults Only if that were the TA's intentions, but if they had a family with kids ready & willing to sign up for that under-enrolled departure, what do YOU think ABD's going to do?

Sayhello

HG

I know some of them are reserved itineraries for Travel Agents but personally I don't think they all are, there are too many wait list for some itineraries. I think some of them will become trips if there are enough people on the WL. I considered going on a wait list for the trip I want but if it didn't come through I was worried I wouldn't be able to book the trip I wanted, so I booked a date that was available.

On a side note my passport came in the mail today so it seems a little bit more real.

What I have seen is that the Waiting List trips are exclusive trips (like the one you went on!) that TA's have contracted with ABD for. ABD reserves the right that, if the TA does not sell a minimum number of places on the departure, then they can open the tour up to other people. That's what they are keeping the Waiting Lists for. So if the TA has arranged for that departure to be an Adults Only trip, and it doesn't fill to a minimum, you could conceivably get on that tour; but at that point there's no guarantee it will stay as an Adults Only. Theoretically, anyone could book that tour; Adults or family. I'd like to think ABD would work with the TA to try & keep it Adults Only if that were the TA's intentions, but if they had a family with kids ready & willing to sign up for that under-enrolled departure, what do YOU think ABD's going to do?

Sayhello

Ohh Gotcha! They would so bring on the kids to fill that puppy up! I know ABD makes little $$ on the adult only trips thats why they dont offer as many I would just like to see a few more. Like for S Africa or Italy Sig.

I know some of them are reserved itineraries for Travel Agents but personally I don't think they all are, there are too many wait list for some itineraries. I think some of them will become trips if there are enough people on the WL. I considered going on a wait list for the trip I want but if it didn't come through I was worried I wouldn't be able to book the trip I wanted, so I booked a date that was available.

On a side note my passport came in the mail today so it seems a little bit more real.

Yeah for Passport! When do you leave? Wait? I thought you just came back?

Yeah for passport! When do you leave?

We just booked the Hollywood Backstage Magic package for January. This will be our (2A) 1st ABD & 1st trip to Disneyland. This one fit our schedule better than any of the 'adults only' scheduled dates. I actually think it will be fun to see what extra stuff they do for the children in the group though.

On a different note, I am really glad to have someone else plan a Disneyland visit for me - it looks intimidating! (and I have traveled for 20 years now w/o a TA.)

Did you get the free cruise or just opt for the $100 discount?

Free cruise. Plus we booked through a TA that gave us a $200 gift card. Plan to use that for the meals not included in the trip. Maybe a souvenir. :rolleyes:

I have never used a tour company but as we are slowly starting to travel more, I decided it was time to try one.

And I can't believe he agreed to go to Disneyland either! Yeah! :yay:

I'm curious - why does Disney make less $$ on the adults only trips?

I'm not sure that they do. I would imagine that these trips are priced so that they make the same money on an adult on an adults only trip or a family trip. I haven't taken one yet, but it sounds as if the itineraries are identical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter