Waiting in Line Question

love~disney

Mouseketeer
I have a couple kids who might change their mind at the last minute before riding a ride. I would like for us to all stay together while, just incase, but if we need to change our mind and not ride, are we allowed to do that last minute? Are there any rides that you can't do that on?

I can't think of a ride that you can't "chicken exit." I don't like heights or enclosed spaces - so sometimes I don't ride. But I hang out in the queue with the family. I have left right before boarding at Soarin', Tower of Terror, Mission Space, Rockin' Rollercoaster, Star Tours, Kali River, Expedition Everest and Test Track (I have also ridden all of those except Mission Space).

Can confirm! Depending on your kids' reasons for maybe backing out of a ride, though, they may get themselves worked up in the queue. I was terrified of Tower of Terror on our first trip (when I was twelve) and took the chicken exit (Mom wanted to see the queue and I think she was hoping I'd find my courage when we got there), and I spent the entire pre-show psyching myself out about not being able to get out of line. I did not have a great time. The rest of the family did have a good time though.

As long as everyone is tall enough to ride, everyone can get in line together but everyone doesn't have to ride. I'd assume in OPs case everyone will be tall enough since them specifically mention changing a mind. Comment more for others who read later with similar question

I have a couple kids who might change their mind at the last minute before riding a ride. I would like for us to all stay together while, just incase, but if we need to change our mind and not ride, are we allowed to do that last minute? Are there any rides that you can't do that on?
one tough one is Haunted Mansion where even the chicken exit is an elevator with an incharacter CM to take you down which can also be scary

Agree with the others. Also, I recognize that it might not just be the "scary" thrill rides where this is an issue. Sometimes kids will have some fear of a regular family-friendly ride. I heard something on a podcast recently about someone who was afraid to ride Peter Pan when they were younger because they were scared of the croc at the end. But every ride has a way to "escape" if need be.

Thank you all for your help!! This helps me a lot when planning. It's my oldest who will be 13 when we travel who isn't a big fan of the big rides but is wanting to wait with us and maybe go on. I figured Disney would have something like this in a family place. :)

Thank you all for your help!! This helps me a lot when planning. It's my oldest who will be 13 when we travel who isn't a big fan of the big rides but is wanting to wait with us and maybe go on. I figured Disney would have something like this in a family place. :)
Depending on your comfort level, at 13 the cast member should be willing to take him/her through the chicken exit by themselves to the unloading area to meet you. If waiting the length of the ride alone isn't a problem everyone else can still ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter