Waiting for the "perfect" contract?

SorcererC

Earning My Ears
I am on the hunt for an AKV contract, 150 points with a September UY. I get notices for ones that are 160, 200, etc. but I ignore them all because they don't match my 2 other contracts of 150 each! It's crazy, could totally use and afford that 160 contract, but it doesn't "feel" right in my head.

Does anyone else do that?

160 points was the minimum purchase when AKV was first for sale, hence they are the most popular out there.
I know what you mean, some people think increments of 25 are neat and tidy.
Thing is neither 150 or 160 match a week in a property so none of that matters anyway

160 points was the minimum purchase when AKV was first for sale, hence they are the most popular out there.
Thing is neither 150 or 160 match a week in a property so none of that matters anyway
That makes sense on the 160, I didn't know that! It seems like such a weird number.
One of my justifications for buying additional contracts (like I need more reasons) is so we have enough to gift to all the kids some day, if we want to (not a motivating factor really). We have 2 at 150 each, so seems like I should keep them all equal. Then again, the other 2 are direct and additional will likely be resale, so it's not like they are all equal anyway. And DH tells me his older 2 won't care anyway, it's our younger 2 who are the Disney freaks like their momma! Still, seems like to be at least as fair as I can be, I should get 2 more 150 contracts, right? RIGHT?!? :laughing:

How old are you and your kids? For us, BWV will be expired before we die - so we aren't planning on gifting anything to the kids. They are now young adults, and if they want to use points, they just need to let us know their plans - a year in advance.

That makes sense on the 160, I didn't know that! It seems like such a weird number.
One of my justifications for buying additional contracts (like I need more reasons) is so we have enough to gift to all the kids some day, if we want to (not a motivating factor really). We have 2 at 150 each, so seems like I should keep them all equal. Then again, the other 2 are direct and additional will likely be resale, so it's not like they are all equal anyway. And DH tells me his older 2 won't care anyway, it's our younger 2 who are the Disney freaks like their momma! Still, seems like to be at least as fair as I can be, I should get 2 more 150 contracts, right? RIGHT?!? :laughing:
You are not alone! I have been on the lookout for AKL/125/October to complement my 175 Poly points with that UY to get to an arbitrary but satisfying 300 points. I also didn't know about the 160 which makes so much sense now!

Thank you for this mystery solving post! I have AKL alerts set up with DVC Resale Market and have wondered about all the 160 point contracts. Guess I'll give up on the unicorn 125 and keep saving...

Yes, I do know another disboard member that follows that philosophy! The member gave up a slightly larger (10%) contract which would only cost $ per point (it was cheap during pandemic) plus MF's as closing would about the same. Having an "even" number of points was more important than getting more points...we had a good laugh over it afterwards.

I won't call you out LOL! :teacher:

Yikes!!! I’m ok with uneven random numbers because I am just estimating my point usage.

And I’m not superstitious but....I was on fence about a contract because Dh was not completely on board and 666 was some number that was the answer of a calculation which was kinda freaky to me. Fast forward and DH is on board and 3 “lucky” sequential numbers are part of my contract number! Lol! It “feels” perfect even if it is just in my head.

Things like UY and banked points are a lot more important in my thinking. The only difference in number of points ends up being the cost.

If I were to do it over again I would have bought a very uneven number of points (studio in our season of travel x 7 nights) for each resort. Obviously on the resale market you can't get that specific but you can try to get close.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter