Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

Ok, so RIV opened to DVC for purchases on 3/27/19, opened for DVC bookings on 4/10, opened to general population for sales and bookings on 4/15. The resort on 12/16/2019.

So, if we think it’s going to open by Dec of this year… things should really be moving and direct members could be booking in May-ish?

Ok, so RIV opened to DVC for purchases on 3/27/19, opened for DVC bookings on 4/10, opened to general population for sales and bookings on 4/15. The resort on 12/16/2019.

So, if we think it’s going to open by Dec of this year… things should really be moving and direct members could be booking in May-ish?
CA timeshare laws are different, it likely won't open for sales until closer to opening (comparatively to FL)

Ok, so VGC went on sale in March of 2009 and was open in September 2009. So, if it opens if we think it will open by December then it would be open to the public in June and to DVC in May-ish if it followed the same timeline.
Yeah, maybe! There's always hope 😉

More time isn't too bad for me. Gives me more to save up and more time to work on DH.

Does anyone know where there is a DVC stand at DL? Is there an office/room to show in the Grand CA?

Is there an office/room to show in the Grand CA?
As far as a room to show, they built a model room to help sell DVC over near the Disney Weddings office/DVC sales office which is on the DLH property. That model room I have seen as an AKV 2 bedroom and it later changed to a different property they were selling. So they change the room model for at least some of the new properties as the focus changes of what they're selling.

As far as a room to show, they built a model room to help sell DVC over near the Disney Weddings office/DVC sales office which is on the DLH property. That model room I have seen as an AKV 2 bedroom and it later changed to a different property they were selling. So they change the room model for at least some of the new properties as the focus changes of what they're selling.
Thanks for the info. I will ask about it when at DL this month.

When we were there a few months ago the model rooms were themed to Aulani. Hopefully they will update them soon!
The guide I talked to suggested they would just use the actual tower for tours like they do for Riviera. Again - have to take what guides say with a grain of salt but would make sense. Did Riviera have preview actual preview rooms or just concept art / virtual?

I don't know about RIV, but our Poly room tour was actually at the Poly. I think CCV tours were at SSR preview center.

Considering the proximity and how easy it would be to take a studio and/or a pod out of circulation (especially early), on-prem tours seems very reasonable. I wonder if they take a 2BRLO out...not many of those.

The guide I talked to suggested they would just use the actual tower for tours like they do for Riviera. Again - have to take what guides say with a grain of salt but would make sense. Did Riviera have preview actual preview rooms or just concept art / virtual?
Yes, we saw the RVA preview rooms at SSR. They actually still used them after the resort opened, they only stopped with the pandemic.

I don't know about RIV, but our Poly room tour was actually at the Poly. I think CCV tours were at SSR preview center.

Considering the proximity and how easy it would be to take a studio and/or a pod out of circulation (especially early), on-prem tours seems very reasonable. I wonder if they take a 2BRLO out...not many of those.
If previews are actually in the tower, you know they are going to want to wow every tour with a spin through the grand villa... and there's only two of them. Which means they won't declare both at first and it's going to be pandemonium at 11 months for a while for that one declared grand villa :-).
may-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor.jpg

The model rooms and the West Coast DVC offices in the BOB building behind Frontier Tower are still not open. The BOB is undergoing some interior and exterior renovations, so DLR-based guides are working out of portables set up next to it. To get a tour of the Aulani models, you need to go the VGC preview office and they will drive you across the street in a golf cart to take the tour. As previously stated, they are not switching the Aulani models out for VDH rooms, those will be previewed in the tower.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter