wait, what? it's another trip to disney! Sept 2014 FINAL UPDATE 1-28

They slept on the flight!? Lucky! My kids never sleep on flights. You guys look like you were having fun.

You totally rock in the birthday party planning department... Looks like a super fun party!

Sounds like all the flight stuff went really well! Even without DH there to help. It's so nice when you can nap on a flight, too; and the flight from STL to MCO is so short!

Um I totally want to do a meet up soon! I love getting together with all my Dis buddies!

Flying just you and the girls looks like it went pretty well! I would be nervous about too! Great start! :thumbsup2

Love Hannah's toothless grin! One of my favorite things about this age! Ha ha!

So glad to see that your airport experience went smoothly! Airports always make me nervous. I'm one of those people that HAS to get there super early because I freak out about how long it's going to take to get through security and find my gate... even though STL's Southwest terminal is a piece of cake! Then get me on the plane and that anxiety reaches a whole new level! :rotfl: Flying with kids forces me to mask my fear so they don't freak out!

Your kids crack me up! Lol

yeah, they're good to keep around for a few laughs! :laughing:

Yay, I'm here! <3 Superheroes party ftw! So awesome!

I love the Disney hairbow, where did it come from? :D

Hurry, traveling! I love airplane pics, it's always so exciting when the plane lifts off, eheheh.

the party was a lot of fun! if you need to have one for stormy in the future, there are a TON of awesome pinterest ideas.

I made their Disney bows for our last trip. I don't think Hannah actually wore hers though. since they still looked nice, I thought we'd use them again this trip.

take off and landing are my favorites!

The superhero party looked great! I can't believe you got that in one week after you got back!!!!!!! And of course, I love the shoes!!!:goodvibes

I'm glad that your flight was uneventful. I can't imagine flying with the girls by myself!!!:scared1:

I love them too! you should have seen the girls when we opened them--lots of squealing!

I was so nervous about the flight by myself, but it really turned out to be so easy. I think leaving in the middle of the day, and middle of the week, was a good plan. i'll have to remember that for next time!

Your girls are the cutest! Sounds like it was a good day so far, and glad you all got to nap a little on the plane!

awwww, thanks! I think they're pretty adorable.....you know, when they're asleep especially...:rotfl:

They slept on the flight!? Lucky! My kids never sleep on flights. You guys look like you were having fun.

I don't know how it happened, but it was awesome to get a nap in! we'll chalk it up to pixie dust!

You totally rock in the birthday party planning department... Looks like a super fun party!

thanks! I do love to plan a party! I should be a party planner in my next life.

Sounds like all the flight stuff went really well! Even without DH there to help. It's so nice when you can nap on a flight, too; and the flight from STL to MCO is so short!

it is a nice short flight.....why does it always feel like it takes so long to get to mickey though? :rotfl:

Subscribing!

yay! someone new reading along! :welcome: and thanks for joining in!

Um I totally want to do a meet up soon! I love getting together with all my Dis buddies!

Flying just you and the girls looks like it went pretty well! I would be nervous about too! Great start! :thumbsup2

I wasn't really too nervous about the traveling until the night before. then it went so smoothly, I was kicking myself for wasting so much energy worrying about it! typical for me..... :rolleyes:

Love Hannah's toothless grin! One of my favorite things about this age! Ha ha!

So glad to see that your airport experience went smoothly! Airports always make me nervous. I'm one of those people that HAS to get there super early because I freak out about how long it's going to take to get through security and find my gate... even though STL's Southwest terminal is a piece of cake! Then get me on the plane and that anxiety reaches a whole new level! :rotfl: Flying with kids forces me to mask my fear so they don't freak out!

me too--i'm loving the pictures with her big smiles. it's so cute!

we would travel so well together! I love to get to the airport early--it eases my anxiety to just be there and know that, whatever else, at least we're getting on that plane! and I love to fly, so I could help you calm your nerves (read--have a few drinks on the plane with you!).

After our nap, we were so ready to get to mickey's house! we watched out the windows and oh so slowly we finally made our way to the airport for the most un-smooth landing i've ever had! seriously, it felt like we bounced in without the landing gear. the girls thought it was fun. i was pretty sure i was gonna need an aspirin for my back. anyway....who cares! we're going to disney!

as soon as the door was open we bolted off the plane.....no, no we didn't. our plane didn't have an empty seat on it and even though i wanted to climb over people to get off the plane, we just hung out for a little in our seats and waited out the crowd.

patiently waiting. actually, i think this picture says "get that overhead baggage and get a move on, people, or my little sister gets it!"

we actually ended up talking to the little boy in the row in front of us for a bit. they were going to disney too so the kids compared magic bands, talked about what park they were going to first and what their favorite rides were. his mom and i talked about how nice it would be if disney had an airport right at the park!

when we finally did get off the plane, we hurried over to the fake o rail. would you just look at these seasoned travelers?

of course, after the first ride of disney, we had to take our traditional picture on airport mickey!

we made it downstairs and hustled to the magical express! couldn't even get a good picture, we were moving too fast! do you think we were excited? and even better, i didn't get lost this time!

we got to the line and breezed right by a family that had rushed past us, trying to get ahead of us at the line. they were searching their bags for their ME paperwork. we were already sporting our magicbands and went right by....suckers! don't worry--i didn't say it out loud, i wasn't going to ruin anyone's disney magic....but i sure did think it!

anyway, we scanned our bands and were the second family in line for POP! we didn't have to wait too long, maybe about 6 or 7 minutes, before we were on the bus! i always want to take a picture of the bus, but always feel like i have to hop right on and not hold everyone up. i should just stop and take one one of these trips! but, i did get these excited faces once we sat down!

our bus was just as full as our plane had been, so we mostly just watched the movie (it wasn't as exciting as the last time) and looked out the window. we talked to hannah's seatmate a little bit. they had come from canada and were really looking forward to getting to their resort!

of course, in my hurry to get on the bus, i hadn't thought about getting a seat that was good for taking pictures. i couldn't get a picture of the magical disney arch, and i only got blurry ones of mickey and goofy.

i can't remember how many stops we made before POP, but i know there were a couple. the stop at AoA was so neat! i can't wait until we can stay there!

and soon enough, we were pulling up to our resort!

we finally got off the bus for our very first stay at.....

i was pretty excited to try a new resort! and POP looked so fun. we hopped off the bus, got high fives from a couple CMs and made our way in to check in. the girls played in the little tv area and i went over to the online check in line to wait my turn. the girls were a little wound up after the plane and the bus and were jumping all around the tv area and being sort of loud. they kept running over to me and doing some hopscotch on the little carpet by the line. if anyone else was checking in at the same time, i apologize for the craziness..... :flower3:

i didn't wait too long, but much longer then i always think the online check in line will take, maybe about 10 minutes or so. the CM was very nice and gave us our anniversary buttons and told us where our room was. before i left, i asked her the best way to get to beach club for our dinner ADR later that night. she gave me directions for getting over there and i went to get the girls.

we looked at a few of the shadow boxes on the wall in the lobby. i showed the girls some of the toys i used to have....simon, rainbow brite, i showed them the he-man doll and told them i used to watch that cartoon.....they basically thought it was all hilarious and looked silly. kids! ;)

we were in the fifties building, first floor, almost all the way down to the statue of lady from lady and the tramp. our room was nice, what i expected from our stay at ASMo. you know you're back at disney when you see this....

love the mickey towel that greets you!!! i just took a couple quick pictures of our room since it wasn't too exciting.

hannah was excited to find her first hidden mickey's of the trip in the carpet! we've been finding hidden mickey's EVERYWHERE since we've been home. i think i'm going to ask for that hidden mickey book for christmas. we just love looking for them!

then we decorated our window as a surprise for daddy! you've been warned--the girls were being "scary" in this picture. hope you didn't get too freaked out!

I just love that quote from the last song in nightmare before Christmas! but, we didn't have much time to admire our decorating skills. we had to catch a bus to go try a new place for dinner! we did stop for one more picture on our way--one of my favorites from the trip!

we hurried through the lobby and out to the buses. i have to say, we had pretty awesome pixie dust sprinkled on us with buses at POP. there was one waiting for epcot so we hustled over and got on. i was so happy i'd gotten directions from the CM already and that we were on our way with time to spare! just keep that in mind......

other than the literal bumping landing seems like a pretty smooth trip - and yeah for getting there! I am sure you are not the first (not the last) to have kids that were a bit extra excited at check-in (actually, I'd be more worried if they were under-excited :thumbsup2)

Your window looks great ... though I did get a tad scared of the one picture of the girls. Thanks for the warning ;)

Love the window!! Now I wanna decorate ours when we go!!

Also, I've been nervous that after being at AoA for one night that we'd be bummed to be back at pop. But seeing your room pic just made me feel all happy and like I was seeing "home." I think we'll be good :)

Yay, Pop! I stayed there this trip for awhile (just started my TR!) and loved it!

Love the picture of your girls on the airplane. It does look like a "watch out or I'll strangle this girl" picture. You can pretty much figure everyone on the plane is heading to Disney; there are far more people going there than anywhere else in Orlando that's for sure!

Gotta love the Magical Express!

Your window ended up being perfect! Though the girls are TOOOO SPOOOKY. :laughing:

Your window turned out soooooo cute! Love it!! So exciting when you FINALLY get to your resort, get all checked in and in your room. That's the moment where I take a deep breath and say... we're finally here at Disney! So fun!

Excited to hear more about Pop since we are staying there for the first time next month!

Your windor decoration looked great! So cute!

Arrival Day.... Nothing like it! <3 You have the entire trip right in front of you. I just love the excitement in the air.

I LOVE your window! We have never decorated ours but I might have to do it sometime.

I LOVE the way your window looks! It is so cute!!

thanks! I had way too much fun cutting out mickey heads!

other than the literal bumping landing seems like a pretty smooth trip - and yeah for getting there! I am sure you are not the first (not the last) to have kids that were a bit extra excited at check-in (actually, I'd be more worried if they were under-excited :thumbsup2)

Your window looks great ... though I did get a tad scared of the one picture of the girls. Thanks for the warning ;)

yeah, I couldn't really blame them for running around like monkeys. I was having a hard time standing in line myself!

I knew that scary picture was too much! :p

Love the window!! Now I wanna decorate ours when we go!!

Also, I've been nervous that after being at AoA for one night that we'd be bummed to be back at pop. But seeing your room pic just made me feel all happy and like I was seeing "home." I think we'll be good :)

we've never decorated our window before, but it was pretty fun. next time I might just look for those clings. seems like it might be faster and easier.

we really did enjoy our stay at POP--I can see why you like it so much.

Yay, Pop! I stayed there this trip for awhile (just started my TR!) and loved it!

Love the picture of your girls on the airplane. It does look like a "watch out or I'll strangle this girl" picture. You can pretty much figure everyone on the plane is heading to Disney; there are far more people going there than anywhere else in Orlando that's for sure!

Gotta love the Magical Express!

Your window ended up being perfect! Though the girls are TOOOO SPOOOKY. :laughing:

I know, what were those kids thinking, scaring everyone!? ;)

i'm going over to check out your TR! yay!!

Your window turned out soooooo cute! Love it!! So exciting when you FINALLY get to your resort, get all checked in and in your room. That's the moment where I take a deep breath and say... we're finally here at Disney! So fun!

thanks! it was fun to do!

Excited to hear more about Pop since we are staying there for the first time next month!

Your windor decoration looked great! So cute!

thanks! we saw some other cute windows around our room. they were a lot of fun to see.

POP was great! you'll like it a lot!

awwwwww! your window turned out great!!!! LOVE IT! :thumbsup2

thanks! I saw the pics of your door. that was a cute idea! I loved all the little perler guys you made!

Cute pics of you and the girls on MDE. YAYYY for getting to Pop!

LOVE how your window turned out, so awesome!

thanks! DH actually thought that Disney did it for us when he first looked at it! :laughing: what a goofball!

Arrival Day.... Nothing like it! <3 You have the entire trip right in front of you. I just love the excitement in the air.

I LOVE your window! We have never decorated ours but I might have to do it sometime.

this was our first time decorating our window. it was fun! I saw others with lights and all kinds of fun stuff--lots of cute cute stuff! and ideas for next time!

Catching up...

Loved your super hero party, my DS thought the Captain America cupcakes were awesome.

"Goodbye St. Louis!" Ha ha, that is so cute.

Nap on the plane? Lucky! I cannot relax enough on a plane to nap.

Yay for a safe landing, even if it was a bumpy one.

POP! Can't wait to hear how you liked it.

The window decor looks fabulous, I especially loved the celebrating garland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter