Wait. Wait wait wait. Is there a difference between EMM, EMH, and DAH?

EMH stands for "Extra Magic Hours" - It's when a particular park opens early or stays open late just for Disney resort guests.

EMM stands for "Early Morning Magic" - It is a paid event with breakfast and certain rides.

I don't know what DAH is.

EMM is a paid event on select days at MK and DHS - usually (always?) 7:45-9:00, and it includes breakfast.
EMH is an included perk for guests at WDW resorts and some Disney Springs hotels - one hour on some mornings and/or two hours on some evenings
DAH is a paid event after hours at MK (and now I think DAK and DHS?)

EMH stands for "Extra Magic Hours" - It's when a particular park opens early or stays open late just for Disney resort guests.

EMM stands for "Early Morning Magic" - It is a paid event with breakfast and certain rides.

I don't know what DAH is.

DAH is Disney After Hours, a paid event after MK, HS, and AK close with popcorn, ice cream, drinks and certain rides.

EMH was the good ol' extra magic hours. For resort guests. Loved 'em ! Either AM or PM. :)
Unfortunately, DAH (Disney After Hours) is replacing EMH. EMH was free for resort guests, while DAH is essentially the same thing EXCEPT now you have to pay for it. :mad:

EMH was the good ol' extra magic hours. For resort guests. Loved 'em ! Either AM or PM. :)
Unfortunately, DAH (Disney After Hours) is replacing EMH. EMH was free for resort guests, while DAH is essentially the same thing EXCEPT now you have to pay for it. :mad:

There are no more EMH at all??

There are no more EMH at all??

I'm not sure that's true. DAH is offered on nights with a regular close time at the parks. There are still both morning and evening extra magic hours offered, albeit they may not be as frequent as they once were.

Magic Kingdom and Epcot still offer PM Extra Magic Hours once a week. Magic Kingdom usually has it on Wednesdays and Epcot usually has it on Tuesdays

Yes two of them require more money

Well....
Emh is for "certain hotel" guests only. I'm guessing a random Best Western a few miles away is still cheaper than any of the EMH qualifying hotels.

But anyway, one thing not mentioned so far that I think is true:

DAH requires no park ticket, the other two do.

And if you are talking about Disneyland in CA (DLR), EMM & EMH have different meanings. (DLR does not have DAH.)

EMM & EMH give certain DLR guests early access for one hour prior to park opening. Because it always a single hour, EMH at DLR always stands for Extra Magic HOUR.

EMH is still available.

My guess is that with the roll out of the new gondola system, Disney thinks it can still lure enough people to stay on property for ease of access, so now it no longer needs to give away free early and late access to the parks. This is probably a mistake, especially with Universal breathing down their necks, but we shall see.

Well....
Emh is for "certain hotel" guests only. I'm guessing a random Best Western a few miles away is still cheaper than any of the EMH qualifying hotels.

But anyway, one thing not mentioned so far that I think is true:

DAH requires no park ticket, the other two do.

EMM needs a park ticket? I thought its the same thing as DAH, just in the morning before the park opens (instead of at night after the park closes)?

EMM needs a park ticket? I thought its the same thing as DAH, just in the morning before the park opens (instead of at night after the park closes)?

You need a regular park ticket for EMM.

EMM acts more like a dining reservation or dessert party in how it works/how you book it - it’s a meal that comes with dedicated early morning park time, but you also need regular park admission.

DAH is a hard ticketed event (like MNSSHP and MVMCP). You can enter the park with a DAH ticket at 7pm, and don’t otherwise need regular park admission.

From the EMM website - Please note that regular theme park admission is required for this event, in addition to Disney Early Morning Magic admission.

GADisneyDad beat me to it!

Yes, EMH is still available, but they have WAY less dates than they used to.

So if you’re already IN the park for the day and they have EMH that evening in that park how do they know if you’re staying at a resort?

I know for the paid parties like Mickey’s Xmas party etc they kick everyone out of the park that’s not wearing the party band, but what do they do on EMH evenings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter