Wait times with express pass

Hopscotch

Mouseketeer
Been to Universal many times but it's been a couple of years. We are going for 1 day, the Saturday before Christmas before we get on a cruise. We will have the express pass and know it will be super busy. What type of wait times can we expect with the passes on things like Velociraptor, the Hulk and the Harry Potter rides? I am aware it doesn't work on the HP Motorbike ride. We haven't gone during a really busy time of year before.

So the short answer is about half of posted wait times.

Still I have seen people post here a wide range from 5 minutes to longer than the posted wait times.

For the most part I think expecting half the wait time is a good rule of them - and it will mostly be better.
That does not mean that you wont get a cast member who is managing it poorly and letting through too many non express folks and your wait time is longer than it should be.

To get better specifics maybe look at touring plans or one of those websites - of course last year the Saturday before Christmas was also Christmas eve - Kong was about an hour and so was Velocicoaster without express

Im sure someone else might be able to give some better specifics - but its a bit of guessing

Depends on if the ride is running full capacity, and other factors like pre shows can also make a difference. Flight of the Hippogriff was easily 40 minutes in the Express lane last time because it was only running one coaster. I have no idea how long the poor people in standby waited. Minions always takes forever because there are two pre shows before the actual "ride" show part.

Sorry, can't help with EP times, but be sure to add extra time just to walk around. The one time I did a day near Christmas, it was so crowded, it was almost impossible to even move. It took forever to get from A to B, especially in the HP area, so that may effect how much you can fit in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter