Wait Times Super Short???

Jonfw2

DIS Veteran
Anyone else notice that wait times have been incredibly short the past couple of weeks? Currently nothing in any park over an hour and most of the top attractions are 20-35 minutes- including Flight of Passage!

Is this just "normal" calendar downtime or have they finally figured out how get more capacity with all the new protocols?

I think that we're in between 2 holidays, and with people not traveling as much, it may be less crowded. We went on the weekend after MLK and it was busy but very manageable. Last year we went for President's Day weekend which coincided with Valentine's Day, like this year, and it was unbearable!

When pricing tickets, I saw that January was the lowest. Hotels are discounted 35% this winter.

January to early February is a low season.

And there was no Princess Marathon this year.

Anyone else notice that wait times have been incredibly short the past couple of weeks? Currently nothing in any park over an hour and most of the top attractions are 20-35 minutes- including Flight of Passage!

Is this just "normal" calendar downtime or have they finally figured out how get more capacity with all the new protocols?
The beauty of slow season matched with no fp

True that. But even in slow times, you ever see FoP at 20 minutes for multiple days?
The first 3 months of park reopening also tener they might be losing every seat so that helps. I work at sea world and it's been dead here, only the weekends get busy ish

I also recall conversations here and elsewhere just a year or so ago that there simply wasn't going to be a slow season anymore...well, Covid had something to say about that.

I also recall conversations here and elsewhere just a year or so ago that there simply wasn't going to be a slow season anymore...well, Covid had something to say about that.
Unfortunately.
Honestly full seasons of slowness were over but you could luck out with whole weeks of slower times. Right now we're between them until president day weekend, then out dies down again a bit until spring break/ Easter

Recently, yes. With the reduced capacity in AK that ride has seen very short waits.

Right. That's my point- I think the reduced capacity combined with opening more theaters and/or all seats is responsible here. But I expect WDW will quietly increase capacity around Spring Break if the Covid numbers keep trending down.

was in WDW last week. wait times were indeed short, even shorter than posted. many times the "wait" was really just the amount of time it took you to walk through the line area.

also the waits looked worse than they were - it's a 15 minute wait, it looks 30 because everyone's spaced out.

I think that we're in between 2 holidays, and with people not traveling as much, it may be less crowded. We went on the weekend after MLK and it was busy but very manageable. Last year we went for President's Day weekend which coincided with Valentine's Day, like this year, and it was unbearable!

Though we at least have limited capacity this year.

I wish I could hope they would last this short into next year but I doubt it >.<

Also there is no international travel right now. January and Feb brought lots of South American tourist, and they are not there as well. So that makes kind short too

Very interesting- do you remember how long Flight was?
We were there the week before Christmas (relatively busy time) and FOP had a posted wait time of about an hour mid-afternoon. Our actual wait time was about 45 minutes. The lines look a lot worse than they are because everyone is spaced 6 feet apart in line, and because lines move faster than they used to due to no FP being used. The end of the line was way in another part of Pandora, but it was still only about a 45 minute wait, because of the line spacing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter