• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait times seem high today - anyone in the parks today that can verify this?

5. Go fully expecting busy parks and rides. It honestly did not seem like there was any sort of "limited capacity". It was like a typical very busy summer day each day we were there. However, regular lines do move a bit faster, so a long line in not quite as daunting as previously. And hey, any day in Disneyland, even a busy one, is still one of my favorite places to be and that Disneyland magic is still there! :-)
Thank you for a great report/update!

I also agree with you about expecting busy parks. As far as capacity goes- Disney has never (and probably will never) announce actual numbers, besides general figures at yearly shareowners meetings. All of that talk is from Disney fan sites who claim to have insider info yet never quote source. ;)

Last edited:
We were there from July 13-17. We are used to using MaxPass so some of the lines were a little tough to wait it, but overall it was good. We did like that for the most part the lines were continually moving. We did find both longer and shorter times than what was quoted, but most times were overestimated. Here's what I noted:

13th - Started riding rides around 1 pm
Pirates - posted 35, actual 29
Big Thunder - posted 30, actual 11
Rise of the Resistance - 20 minute wait
Pinocchio - posted 5, actual 12
Web Slingers - 30 minute wait
Snow White - posted 20, actual 23
Star Tours - posted 15, actual 10

14th - rope drop to close
Space Mountain - posted 10, actual 32
Alice in Wonderland - posted 10, actual 4
Matterhorn - posted 10, actual 12
Disneyland Railroad - posted 10, actual 10
Haunted Mansion - posted 35, actual 16
Big Thunder - posted 30, actual 17
Rise of the Resistance - 11 minute wait
Smuggler's Run - posted 30, actual 30
Big Thunder - posted 10, actual 7
Buzz Lightyear - posted 15, actual 9
Star Tours - posted 15, actual 14
Little Mermaid - posted 5, actual 3
Soarin - posted 10, actual 17
Radiator Spring Racers - posted 70 (at 8:45), waited 50

15th - rope drop to close
Went straight to Guardians with a 10 minute wait. I could tell it was going to be way longer and 20 minutes later the wait time was 120 minutes. They announced that only 2 lifts were working so we decided to get out of line and take advantage of lower wait times elsewhere.
Toy Story - posted 5, actual 8
Incredicoaster - posted 30, actual 12
Emotional Whirlwind - posted 5, actual 3
Silly Symphony Swings - posted 5, walked on
Soarin - posted 35, actual 35
Rise of the Resistance - 20 minute wait
Pooh - walked on
Pirates - posted 15, actual 3
Jungle Cruise - 5 minute wait
Snow White - posted 20, actual 25
Small World - posted 5, walked on
Space Mountain - posted 35, actual 34
Storybookland Canal Boats - posted 30, actual 11
Big Thunder - posted 20, actual 7

16th - 9 am- 9 pm
Peter Pan - posted 35, actual 35
Mr. Toad - posted 10, actual 8
Splash Mountain - posted 40, actual 17
Rise of the Resistance - 15 minutes
Web Slingers - 33 minutes
This is the point where my husband agreed to use DAS. His pride has kept him from ever asking about it, but the heat finally got to him enough to set it up. He has MS and he had a rough time with the heat throughout the last couple of days. We rode Guardians and Radiator Springs Racers using DAS on Friday and Indy, Jungle Cruise and Matterhorn on Saturday. We had a great trip and are planning on going back with the (adult) kids in January. I hope this helps give an idea of the wait times right now.
How did you get ROTR and Webslingers on the 13th? Am I missing something? Sorry, used to WDW but thought you had to ride by noon to get the virtual queue for the other? I must misunderstand.

We went July 20-21. Definitely seemed crowded (Fantasyland was shoulder-to-shoulder!), but lines move pretty good. Most wait times were overstated. RsR was listed at 90, we got on in 50. Soarin and Grizzly were both a bit more accurate in the middle of the day - listed 50, got on in about 40. Jungle Cruise was listed at 40, we got in less than 20. Matterhorn was 45, we got on in 30. The only one that we really seemed to wait for was MFSR, which was listed at 25-35 most of the day, but probably took us 40-45 min to get on.

I really don’t understand why they haven’t brought back MaxPass or FastPass yet. If capacity keeps increasing and lines keep getting longer, doesn’t it make more since to bring them back so people are LESS crammed together in lines during covid?
From strictly just looking at it from a financial standpoint, I don't understand either. They could be making quite a bit of money per family if they had maxpass right now. The way the crowds were, we would've happily paid for it daily for our family of 5, which would've netted Disney another $500 from our family alone.

I think they still want the lines to sop up crowds a bit. With Fastpass, people don't have to stand in line, so they're occupying the concourses. With shows and some restaurants still closed, they're not sopping up those crowds, so if there was FastPass, the place would seem jam-packed. The lines move pretty well I think. I was worried about them, having only experienced FP at WDW, but I was pleasantly surprised that most lines were not bad at all, even if the place seemed crowded.

I think they still want the lines to sop up crowds a bit. With Fastpass, people don't have to stand in line, so they're occupying the concourses. With shows and some restaurants still closed, they're not sopping up those crowds, so if there was FastPass, the place would seem jam-packed. The lines move pretty well I think. I was worried about them, having only experienced FP at WDW, but I was pleasantly surprised that most lines were not bad at all, even if the place seemed crowded.

Ok I’m glad they’re not as bad as they seem. I’m going in Sept. It just seems to me that without the lines people could spread out more, even with more people in the concourses.

Ok I’m glad they’re not as bad as they seem. I’m going in Sept. It just seems to me that without the lines people could spread out more, even with more people in the concourses.
It was busy and crowded everywhere, honestly. Ride lines were long and stretched out to overflow areas, shops were so busy at times, we just left without buying things and opted to try again later. Walkways were full of people, etc. It's what I would expect on a typical busy normal summer day (except it's without fastpass and supposed limited attendance). All that being said, the lines did move somewhat faster than usual and wait times are not completely accurate. My guess is that September may be less crowded for you, with kids back in school and it being a bit before the October rush. But regardless, you should have a great time! It's Disneyland after all, and I think just being prepared for the changes and differences this time around, make all the difference. These boards were so helpful for our family and helped our trip during this busy time still be amazing!

It was busy and crowded everywhere, honestly. Ride lines were long and stretched out to overflow areas, shops were so busy at times, we just left without buying things and opted to try again later. Walkways were full of people, etc. It's what I would expect on a typical busy normal summer day (except it's without fastpass and supposed limited attendance). All that being said, the lines did move somewhat faster than usual and wait times are not completely accurate. My guess is that September may be less crowded for you, with kids back in school and it being a bit before the October rush. But regardless, you should have a great time! It's Disneyland after all, and I think just being prepared for the changes and differences this time around, make all the difference. These boards were so helpful for our family and helped our trip during this busy time still be amazing!

Good to know! I was hoping between September being a slower time, and slightly reduced capacity, the lines wouldn't be too bad for the trip :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter