• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait times seem high today - anyone in the parks today that can verify this?

We’re here today and I’ve been a little discouraged with the wait times compared to what I had seen on the app until this week. I will say though, majority of wait times posted for us have been overestimated. For example Peter Pan said 40, took us 30. Buzz said 25, took 10. The only ride that matched exactly the posted time was Millennium Falcon. None have been underestimated. That definitely makes it easier to deal with. That being said we are currently taking a break from the heat and long lines in our hotel room and will go back this evening!

Lines are even longer today for sure…. It is totally packed to the brim and waits are long. We watched as a poor woman collapsed from the heat - all the outdoor seating is a bummer tbh. Finding a table in the shade has been a challenge for mealtimes - even our Cafe Orleans reservation was at a table in the sun. I figured it would be ok but I was dying by the end of the meal.

Reservations are wide open, so they must have increased capacity.... for a while you could never book same day/next day tickets, now it's pretty easy except for a few random days or non-park hopper pass.

Will be interesting to see how long this keeps up. If crowd levels remain high, sadly there's literally no reason for them to bring back Annual Passes. I assume once more schools go back in August/September things will slow down but who knows.

Last edited:

We’re going tomorrow, so I’m following several people on IG stories who are there today, and it’s looking REAAAAALLLLY packed. Like, “shuffling our feet to move through the crush of people in Fantasyland” status. Also a lot of ride breakdowns, which I’m sure is contributing to so many people in the pathways.

We are going to have fun no matter what, but I find it helpful to have realistic expectations. We’re going in with a different mindset than I think we would have a few weeks ago!

I am excited that we’ll be able to experience more food options, the band, MMM at night (if we make it that long!) - so there are upsides to look forward to in spite of the increased crowds. And I hope the Jungle Cruise is still open so we can ride it!

The closer I get to my trip in late July the more upset I get that they’re not doing fastpasses/MaxPass. I know the rumors that they’ll move to a paid system, but until then, why not make the fastpasses available?

Yeah, is it a staffing issue that has caused them to cancel FastPass? I feel pretty confident that Disney is not going to pass up on $$$ so I do find it curious that MaxPass is not in place, even if they are working on a new paid FastPass system.

Yeah, is it a staffing issue that has caused them to cancel FastPass? I feel pretty confident that Disney is not going to pass up on $$$ so I do find it curious that MaxPass is not in place, even if they are working on a new paid FastPass system.
I completely agree! With wait times as they are, I would gladly pay for Maxpass, as well as several other visitors, I imagine. We are a party of 5 going for 5 days and at previous rates, the park could make an additional $500 from our family alone by bringing back Maxpass. It seems to make good financial sense to me for them to bring it back.

We’re going tomorrow, so I’m following several people on IG stories who are there today, and it’s looking REAAAAALLLLY packed. Like, “shuffling our feet to move through the crush of people in Fantasyland” status. Also a lot of ride breakdowns, which I’m sure is contributing to so many people in the pathways.

We are going to have fun no matter what, but I find it helpful to have realistic expectations. We’re going in with a different mindset than I think we would have a few weeks ago!

I am excited that we’ll be able to experience more food options, the band, MMM at night (if we make it that long!) - so there are upsides to look forward to in spite of the increased crowds. And I hope the Jungle Cruise is still open so we can ride it!
You always have good insight on these boards and I look forward to hearing how things are for you on your trip! Have a great time!

We were there today. Crowds seemed lighter than I'd expected. We never waited more than 30 minutes, except at Tropical Hideaway for a Dole Whip. Fantasyland congestion seemed normal, but not uncomfortable. Other pathways were more open than I remember them being pre-COVID, especially Tomorrowland and Adventureland. The most crowded pathways were in Galaxy's Edge around ROTR.

We just got back from a quick trip T-Th. We usually stay on property, utilize EMH/MM and MaxPass, so hardly ever wait in any lines. We went knowing that this experience wouldn't be the same and we would make the best of it.
It was definitely a different trip for us, and we did have to wait in some lines for the most popular attractions. We got ROTR twice (15 and backup 137) and WS twice (37 and 54). They did let us return late and we used a screen shot on our phone. The 37 was a breeze and hardly any wait, the 54, we returned a few hours later after a late breakfast and paid for that with a longer wait time, having to wait almost an hour.

However, we were first at the gates both Wed (DL) and Th(DCA) and went hard until noon, had lunch and then a hotel break until 3ish. Between noon and 5p.m. seemed busy for attraction wait times, however the walk ways don't seem overly full or crowded. We have been there during the Christmas/NYE week (10) and the days we were there this week seemed like a 6-7 as far as crowdedness. After 5pm the wait times started to lower again, although posted wait times seems to be way off and all the lines were moving so it never felt that bad. We especially liked the 8-9pm and 9-10pm hours right before closing.

It was strange to not have the nighttime shows taking people out of the queues of other attractions. Mainstreet was packed after fireworks with everyone heading out. We mobile ordered ice cream and it still took 30 minutes.

We were 2nd in line for RSR on Thursday (behind some kiddos that ran and then had to wait for their families to catchup ha!) and when we exited at 8:10am the wait was already to 60 minutes and the queue was full, even the winding area over towards Flo's that hardly ever seems to get used.

Security at the DLH/DD entrance opened both mornings right at 7:02, giving everyone a chance to stay put for the boarding pass lottery. We lined up at 6:40 and were around 3rd or 4th family in line at security. The Harbor side opened around 7:20-7:30, I wasn't paying attention to the exact time, but if you're an on-property guest, it behooves you to get in the line before the Harbor entrance opens. We stayed at PPH and they are letting guests from PPH use the entrance to GCH again both entering and exiting, just have to show a room card.

We were glad to go and glad that Disney honored the two days that we had remaining on our Military Salute tickets from 2020 (we had gone for two days the week before they closed in March 2020).

We’re here today and I’ve been a little discouraged with the wait times compared to what I had seen on the app until this week. I will say though, majority of wait times posted for us have been overestimated. For example Peter Pan said 40, took us 30. Buzz said 25, took 10. The only ride that matched exactly the posted time was Millennium Falcon. None have been underestimated. That definitely makes it easier to deal with. That being said we are currently taking a break from the heat and long lines in our hotel room and will go back this evening!
This, posted waits were way overestimated this week except in Fantasyland in my experience. Still, rope dropping, taking a lunch and nap break late morning/early afternoon and coming back later is still a great strategy as it always has been.

We just got back from a quick trip T-Th. We usually stay on property, utilize EMH/MM and MaxPass, so hardly ever wait in any lines. We went knowing that this experience wouldn't be the same and we would make the best of it.
It was definitely a different trip for us, and we did have to wait in some lines for the most popular attractions. We got ROTR twice (15 and backup 137) and WS twice (37 and 54). They did let us return late and we used a screen shot on our phone. The 37 was a breeze and hardly any wait, the 54, we returned a few hours later after a late breakfast and paid for that with a longer wait time, having to wait almost an hour.

However, we were first at the gates both Wed (DL) and Th(DCA) and went hard until noon, had lunch and then a hotel break until 3ish. Between noon and 5p.m. seemed busy for attraction wait times, however the walk ways don't seem overly full or crowded. We have been there during the Christmas/NYE week (10) and the days we were there this week seemed like a 6-7 as far as crowdedness. After 5pm the wait times started to lower again, although posted wait times seems to be way off and all the lines were moving so it never felt that bad. We especially liked the 8-9pm and 9-10pm hours right before closing.

It was strange to not have the nighttime shows taking people out of the queues of other attractions. Mainstreet was packed after fireworks with everyone heading out. We mobile ordered ice cream and it still took 30 minutes.

We were 2nd in line for RSR on Thursday (behind some kiddos that ran and then had to wait for their families to catchup ha!) and when we exited at 8:10am the wait was already to 60 minutes and the queue was full, even the winding area over towards Flo's that hardly ever seems to get used.

Security at the DLH/DD entrance opened both mornings right at 7:02, giving everyone a chance to stay put for the boarding pass lottery. We lined up at 6:40 and were around 3rd or 4th family in line at security. The Harbor side opened around 7:20-7:30, I wasn't paying attention to the exact time, but if you're an on-property guest, it behooves you to get in the line before the Harbor entrance opens. We stayed at PPH and they are letting guests from PPH use the entrance to GCH again both entering and exiting, just have to show a room card.

We were glad to go and glad that Disney honored the two days that we had remaining on our Military Salute tickets from 2020 (we had gone for two days the week before they closed in March 2020).
Thanks for the update. What time did they let you in the parks?

Thanks for the update. What time did they let you in the parks?
I only ropedropped Disneyland, was on the Harbor side, and they each day they opened security at 7:15am and opened the ticket gates at 7:30am. They held us on Main Street, not the Hub, and opened the parks at 8am sharp for an 8am open.

Ride times overestimated today. What a dream it is to be at Disneyland & DCA with the current operating structure. We've now been back to the parks 10X since reopening day and while attendance numbers have steadily increased it's nothing compared to the pre-C19 crush of humanity. Ya'll know what I'm talking about...wall to wall sweaty bodies. 🤣

Ride times overestimated today. What a dream it is to be at Disneyland & DCA with the current operating structure. We've now been back to the parks 10X since reopening day and while attendance numbers have steadily increased it's nothing compared to the pre-C19 crush of humanity. Ya'll know what I'm talking about...wall to wall sweaty bodies. 🤣
Overestimated by how much? I’m checking frequently and see lots of 60 minute waits for various rides. Without FP or Maxpass, I find it incredibly discouraging.

Overestimated by how much? I’m checking frequently and see lots of 60 minute waits for various rides. Without FP or Maxpass, I find it incredibly discouraging.
We were there today, too. We found wait times to be mostly accurate, with some that were overestimated (sometimes significantly).

We had a great day and were very happy with what we did - partially because we made some smart choices and were also VERY flexible about what we rode (like, we did nothing in Cars Land today, and we ended up skipping Matterhorn even though it was on our "must-do" list because the line was craaaaazy the two times we were over there).

I would say the parks were pretty crowded, and I'd take Maxpass over the current line/ride situation at least 99% of the time... (but I was also a particularly efficient user of Maxpass, so there's that...) We had a lot of priorities today that weren't rides - Avengers Campus shows, Animation Academy drawings, Lamplight Lounge, Redwood Challenge Creek, fireworks, watching the Disneyland Band and Five and Dime perform... but here's some ride-specific information:

We rope-dropped at DCA and opted NOT to try for RSR. So while seemingly 90% of the crowd peeled off there (or at Avenger's Campus), we hit the following rides before 9:32am. Wait times were all accurately posted at 10 or less.
- Incredicoaster
- Toy Story Midway Mania
- Fun Wheel or whatever it's called now
- Emotional Whirlwind
- Silly Symphony Swings
- Goofy's Sky School
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- Ariel's Undersea Adventure

*After all that in 90 minutes, we did non-ride stuff for two hours*

- Soarin' (35 minute wait posted at 11:35am) - waited 32, boarded, something was wrong with the seatbelts so they unloaded our entire middle section and put us on the next one. So, actual wait was 44, but if it had worked, 35 would have been very close.
- GOTG (40 minute wait posted at 12:44pm) - this one was great - 16 minutes to the pre-show, sitting in our gantry lift 12 minutes after that. So 28, total, until the actual ride.

- Webslingers - we SUPER lucked out and were in the first 10 people in line after it reopened at 1:36. 11 minutes from entering the queue to exiting the ride.

- Jessie's Carousel was a walk-on at 3:55.

- Disneyland Railroad (30 minutes posted at 4:30, actual 10)
- Haunted Mansion (20 minutes posted at 5:35, actual 17)
- Millennium Falcon: SR (30 minutes posted at 6:17, actual 31)
- Big Thunder (20 minutes posted at 7:01, actual 14)
- Jungle Cruise (no time posted at 7:30, they said 15ish, actual 7)
- Mr. Toad's (20 minutes posted at 8:00, actual 19)
- Teacups (didn't see estimate but waited 10 minutes at 8:21)
- *My husband and daughter then rode Star Tours with a 15 minute wait posted around 8:35, was pretty accurate.

So, I would not be discouraged! But I also think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it's going to be amazing crowds/waits. "Plan for the worst, hope for the best" and all that...

Most of the rides that we waited for that had a 30 or more minute posted wait time ended up being off by 10-20 minutes. You need to be there to experience it.

Just checked into our hotel and it feels nice. We‘re staying tonight at the Hyatt House and moving to GCH tomorrow which will be great to be so close.

DL was VERY busy today. Waited for about 25 minutes to ride HM. About ready to enter the elevator and boom, the ride went down. Had to leave. Walked by POTC. Down for the second time today. Went over to BTMR and wait time posted was 40 minutes. Took about thirty. A lot of fun! Headed over to PP. Down. Small World had the shortest wait time. Ten minutes. MH posted a fifty-five minute wait and it looked like it.

Getting cleaned up again and head back to the parks. DCA this time. Dinner with a few cool cocktails first.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter