• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait time for direct from Disney

mrs_coco

Earning My Ears
I apologize if this is a repeat but does anyone have any experience with the Direct From Disney wait list time period. We called to be placed on the SSR and OKW wait lists for a December use year and I am not sure how long we should expect to wait.

We are planning a vacation for July so I don't want to wait too long, but I am not sure what the normal time period is.

Any thoughts on buying a separate use year?

I went on the wait-list for BWV points last Thursday, got the call yesterday they were available and had them in my account this morning (and booked a trip for Labor Day weekend using them)!
I think it is going faster these days, but it all depends on what they have taken in ROFR and how many on the wait list in front of you, when I went on the list last week there were 12 in front of me.
I have two different use years, and only use those contracts independently, each for different times of year or every other year for bigger units. It works for us, but it can be confusing most of the time, I don't think I would have bothered if I wanted to combine points from both.

I waitlisted BWV as well. Took a little shy of 2 weeks for 75 points to become available. Called my guide this morning and had the points in my account this afternoon. Good luck.

I apologize if this is a repeat but does anyone have any experience with the Direct From Disney wait list time period. We called to be placed on the SSR and OKW wait lists for a December use year and I am not sure how long we should expect to wait.

We are planning a vacation for July so I don't want to wait too long, but I am not sure what the normal time period is.

Any thoughts on buying a separate use year?
I think somewhere in this board there is a post on my wait for direct points for SSR. Honestly, it was not as quick as I thought it was going to be. I really think it depends on how many people are already on the list, how many points you want and what gets taken back by Disney. Good luck.

I went on the wait-list for BWV points last Thursday, got the call yesterday they were available and had them in my account this morning (and booked a trip for Labor Day weekend using them)!
I think it is going faster these days, but it all depends on what they have taken in ROFR and how many on the wait list in front of you, when I went on the list last week there were 12 in front of me.
I have two different use years, and only use those contracts independently, each for different times of year or every other year for bigger units. It works for us, but it can be confusing most of the time, I don't think I would have bothered if I wanted to combine points from both.
Curious, did you already have two UY’s or did your add on create your second UY? Were you offered a matching UY? Asking because of the new “flexible Use Year” policy/process.

I was trying to stick with the same use year so it was easier to manage. I could smack myself because when I called in January about adding points they were available immediately but we were on the fence about the money.

My plan was to give it a week or so and then call and say I am willing to take an alternate use year. Can anyone fill be in on the “flexible Use Year” policy/process. I am not sure our sales person was super into being helpful either.

My plan was to give it a week or so and then call and say I am willing to take an alternate use year. Can anyone fill be in on the “flexible Use Year” policy/process.

From my understanding, when DVD gets a contract from ROFR, they can change the UY of the points. It's allowing them to fill waitlists faster by not waiting for the right UY to come up. It's definitely not a real perk for owners unless buying more points.

Curious, did you already have two UY’s or did your add on create your second UY? Were you offered a matching UY? Asking because of the new “flexible Use Year” policy/process.

My guide said, “Wow. You have 4 different UYs. Did you want to put the points in one of those or get a new one?” :rotfl2:

I have different UYs depending on the home resort I own. Each resort gets its own UY. I like to keep my points separate and use them at different times of the year as well as allowing more transfers. I did choose to add the Riviera points to my August UY where my BWV points currently sit because we want to use these for F&W. My point, which I’m getting to, I promise, is that she didn’t have any issues with putting it in a current UY or a new one. Does this answer your question albeit a lengthy answer?

I already had two use years, different home resorts, and needed a few more points at BWV to round out how we want to use them.

Got on the waitlist for BLT in late February for 75 points, and received a call last week saying they had 26 points available. After telling my guide that I'd like to hold off and wait for the full 75. Hopefully they'll come around soon!

Hello Everyone! Thanks for your guidance-the call came through this weekend. So we completed the sale this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter