Wait list?

tvsdisney

Mouseketeer
Okay so what’s the trick?? Nothing is EVER EVER EVER available! No matter what time I try...what am I doing wrong. Tired right when the restaurant even opened! Ugh!

You're talking about a walk-up availability? They don't save any tables for walk-up, and most people reserve weeks ahead of time. You might find something at Disney Springs, or you might hit an unusually slow day, but I wouldn't recommend counting on it.:earsboy:

You're talking about a walk-up availability? They don't save any tables for walk-up, and most people reserve weeks ahead of time. You might find something at Disney Springs, or you might hit an unusually slow day, but I wouldn't recommend counting on it.:earsboy:
That's not true. Right now, most restaurants have the virtual waitlist for a walk up reservation which occurs each day in the parks, but you have to be in the parks for it to show up. I believe that was what the OP was referring to. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to experience it yet, but I look forward to seeing other's experience.

I've only ever found waitlist in the 2nd half of the evening (assuming dinner service). I suspect a waitlist opportunity pops up if there are last minute cancels or tables are turning over faster than average. They're definitely not common. We've managed a couple of Beaches & Cream and an Ale and Compass on prior trips. I also assume they're even more rare as the parks/resorts are busier. Don't forget, most TS now offer takeout. It can be a life saver to snag that and find a nice outside table somewhere.

That's not true. Right now, most restaurants have the virtual waitlist for a walk up reservation which occurs each day in the parks, but you have to be in the parks for it to show up. I believe that was what the OP was referring to. Unfortunately I haven't had the chance to experience it yet, but I look forward to seeing other's experience.
Well Rats! I hate when people post incorrect info and now I'm guilty! :guilty: Thanks for the info, was this started due to covid and uncertain levels of people in the parks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter