Wait List Success Story

buckylarue

Can't decide who's Statler and who's Waldorf...
We found a dirt-cheap airfare about a month ago, so we jumped on it for a quick trip 9/26-9/29 and then called MS to book a studio. The only thing they had for all 3 nights was OKW, so we booked it and asked to be placed on the waitlist for BWV or VWL. They asked if we wanted to be called in advance, or just change the reservation and notify us. I said they could change it if all 3 days became open at either resort. They also asked if we wanted to stay on the list until 30 days out or 7 days out, and I said 7 days.

Well, on Tuesday I called to see if there had been any movement, and was told that we were booked into OKW and had been automatically dropped from the waitlist at the 31 day mark! I told them we had specifically asked to be kept on the list until 7 days out, and they said they could add us back on. Well, today I got a call asking me to call MS about the waitlist. I called and found that they had a preferred view BWV studio available for us! I'm really glad I had called on Tuesday to double-check, or I'm sure we wouldn't have been on the list for this room. Now we finally get to stay in our home resort for the first time since joining, and we can compare the preferred view with the standard view we will have in December!

Persistence pays off. We too tried to amend our stay in November. We were going the Monday after Thanksgiiving but had friends who were flying down the day after Thanksgiving. Hub had DVC envy. I called asked to be put on the wait list and we got an extra 3 days in a Studio. Then we were informed of the availability of the Standard 1BR for those extra days. So now we have our Standard 1br for the whole 10 days! What a lucky break and at Thanksgiving too!

Basically, we'll eat turkey, pack and then fly out the following morning.

Lucky or not, we're glad it came through.

denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter