Wait list came thru - problem with park reservation

sueg

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I was only able to get one night for a December trip to see Christmas decorations. But the waitlist list came thru to add another night to front end of trip. It showed as two reservations on my DVC dashboard, so I called Member Service to insure that the new night was fully linked. But the new night didn't appear in Park reservation list and I was unable to make a park reservations.
I called the # for park reservation help and the cast member said she made the park reservation for me, but she thought that there was a problem with my AP renewal. She transferred me. The next cast member said that problem was that DVC didn't change my confirmation number when wait list came thru, so park reservation only saw my initial one night stay. But he pointed out that first Cast member made the park reservation for me, using one of my AP only days.(she never mentioned that) He couldn't change this to a Hotel stay/AP. He said I must call DVC and insist on a new confirmation number to cover both night and have them "force it thru" so I can change/modify the reservation to a Hotel stay/AP park reservations. He said it can take over a week for the park reservation system to recognize a change within the same confirmation#
This was over 2 hours on the phone and I am frustrated and confused. I don't want to use one of my 4 AP only when I have a DVC reservation. I am willing to call DVC again, but I am hoping for some help from these boards. I was happy that the wait list came thru, but the problem with the park reservation has dimmed that happiness.

That sounds so confusing .
No way would I want to risk losing any of that by asking guest services to make more wrong mistakes.
Maybe wait a day and it might correct itself?
Or wait and a day and call back during the week, next week.

Until MS completes the merge for both nights to be one reservation, you have to link the night yourself to MDE.

The system would then allow you to make park reservations. That is what I did for my December trip. Now waiting on MS to complete the merge.

Thank you, Sandy, for the suggestion.
Can I still link the" Wait list" night if it has the same confirmation # as the "original" night?

Thank you, Sandy, for the suggestion.
Can I still link the" Wait list" night if it has the same confirmation # as the "original" night?

If the system didn’t update the change in night from the original one, then try doing online check in. That usually updates it to the new resort.

But if these are still on your dashboard as two different reservation, you need to make sure both are added to MDE and each should have its own number.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter