Wait List Appeared Ressie APPEARED OUT OF THIN AIR

thecajunmouse

SSR owner
I called MS to check on 2 nights in Dec that I was wait listed on. While MS is checking to make sure I am still wait listed, one of the nights becomes available and I book it. Do you think I would have got it if I had not been on the phone? I am starting not to trust the new wait list. Does anyone know how it works?

I wonder..I think I'll call and "check" on mine tomorrow! Do you mind if I ask when and where your waitlist was for?

There are reports of this happening all the time. I think the waitlist works for the most part...however there does seem to be a rather large loop hole that if you happen to be on the phone at the right time, then you will get that spot as opposed to the next person on the wait list.

But...no one really knows for sure exactly how it all works...

Ours came through today! Now if I can just get airline tickets.........:banana:

We didn't call it came through online.

I am starting not to trust the new wait list.

It has little to do with the "new" waitlist--this sort of thing has been happening for years.

By all appearances, whatever automated process DVC uses to scan the waitlist and assign newly-vacant rooms does not occur in realtime. In the past, it seems they have run the process just once, toward the end of the business day. The system is obviously flawed in that a room cancelled at 10am COULD be booked by a caller before it even hits the waitlist. That seems to be what happened in your case.

Realistically, the odds of DVC taking a phone call for the exact dates, room class and resort that have been cancelled within a window of just a few hours cannot be terribly high. Overall it's an imprefect system but it's the one we are stuck with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter