Waffle Maker

denisenh

used to have tags
I am looking to buy a waffle maker and would like to know what brand / type is best as far as sturdy, not "disposable" ( lasts a year or two then breaks or stops working)and is fairly easy to clean. The size and shape of the waffle doesn't really matter to me. I imagine I'd use it about once a week. I would like to be able to put it away between uses. What kind do you have? Do you like it? Do you wish it had a certain feature?

We have a VillaWare waffleboat maker that we love, and honestly, wouldn't go with a traditional shaped waffle ever again. Waffleboats have raised edges, so you can "fill" them with stuff. For our family, it is typically fruit, whipped cream, and for dessert, ice cream. Of course you can just flop a bunch of fruit on top of a regular waffle, but 1) where is the fun in that? and 2) with the raised edges, you can pick them up like a taco, and very efficiently shovel the waffle and its contents into your mouth. With waffleboats, EVERYBODY wins.

(We've been using ours for 7 or 8 years now, and it is still going strong, so its definitely not a disposable unit)

I have a gas stove so opted for a Coleman CI waffle iron. Hangs on the kitchen wall taking up no precious counter space and goes on camping and weekend home vacation locales too. Close to impossible to break and inexpensive.

We have a t-fal one but not made anymore. Ours is regular square and I'd really like to upgrade to one that does the large belgium waffles. Our does have removable plates and that is something you should make sure you get. Since you aren't looking for a cheap one most will likely have the removable plates. So easy to clean just pop it off and put it in the dishwasher.

I have had this one for quite a few years: cuisinart-round-classic-waffle-maker It makes a great and consistent waffle and has held up perfectly. My favorite feature is that it strands up straight to store it without taking up hardly any space. I have a very small kitchen. I don't know why the website doesn't show that feature.

It's so funny you posted this. We broke out our old waffle maker recently and it didn't work well. I ordered a Mickey waffle maker from Hot Topic because it was cheaper there than Disneystore.com (though it's the same). We haven't received it yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I also ordered the waffle mix that Disney uses!

with the raised edges, you can pick them up like a taco, and very efficiently shovel the waffle and its contents into your mouth.
Thanks! I love that idea, I tend to eat the frozen waffles that way...on the go.
https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-WAF-F20-Double-Belgian-Stainless/dp/B01IA3HJGG We love this waffle maker. We make waffles almost everyday. My husband was excited to see this waffle maker on one of the cooking shows he watches.
i have been looking at the double cooker ones. it would be better when feeding a crowd i am sure
the removable plates. So easy to clean just pop it off and put it in the dishwasher.
i would love that too!
it strands up straight to store it without taking up hardly any space.
i think a lot of people would appreciate that.
Mickey waffle maker
when i saw a mickeymouse waffle maker i remembered the DIS . this is a great place to get wanted and sometimes unwanted opinions. I dont think i will get a mickey mouse waffle maker.... yea, pretty sure I wont. ;)
15% Off $50, 20% Off $75, or 25% Off $100 or More with Code: SAVEMORE
I'll be shopping that site later tonight.
after reading so much about waffles, i dont think i want thin dry crispy waffles maybe i will look at belgian waffle makers
Thanks guys! I hope everyone is doing fine and has enough of what is needed. take care!

I started out with a Mickey waffle iron and when my daughter got married I gave it to her for her kids. I now have a Cuisinart that has removable plates that also can be changed with plates that I can grill with. Plates come off and go into the dishwasher so easy to clean.

We have an iron one that flips similar to the Cuisinart one. The plates don't come off so clean up is a bit of a challenge but it does a drip pan under it that can be removed and cleaned. We love it and always make extras for me to freeze for those days I just don't want to think about what to eat for breakfast.

Cuisinart Belgian waffle makers are a solid choice. Mine is over 10 years old and we use it weekly.

Don't use any spray on a nonstick waffle maker. You will ruin the coating eventually. Waffles have the oil/fat in the batter so should not need any spray. I never use any.

I started out with a Mickey waffle iron and when my daughter got married I gave it to her for her kids. I now have a Cuisinart that has removable plates that also can be changed with plates that I can grill with. Plates come off and go into the dishwasher so easy to clean.

I have the same type. I used to have a Belgian flip, double waffle maker (Oster). Loved that thing, until we had a power surge when I was making waffles and it fried. Got a new one, and the new one didn't cook right; it would only cook from the middle portion. So, it went back and I ended up with the Cuisinart removable plates. It works just fine, but it takes longer for me to make waffles for everyone!

We got our Mickey Waffle maker and it has been working out great. DH loves making a bunch of waffles and we freeze them to have later. Just made a new batch of Fun Fetti sprinkle waffles DS’s favorite for the week this morning. :goodvibes

We got our Mickey Waffle maker and it has been working out great. DH loves making a bunch of waffles and we freeze them to have later. Just made a new batch of Fun Fetti sprinkle waffles DS’s favorite for the week this morning. :goodvibes

View attachment 488819

View attachment 488820

View attachment 488821

View attachment 488822

Hi, please supply the name of the pancake/waffle mix that is shown in the first and second picture, the full name isn't visible. I remember reading sometime back that this batter tasks just like the waffles you get at WDW and would like to get some to use when I'm making my Mickey waffles. Thanks in advance! :thumbsup2

I have the mini Dash waffle makers, which are available on Amazon and at Target, and I LOVE them. They make Eggo-sized waffles and are the waffle makers themselves are tiny (they take up NO space in my tiny kitchen), cheap, and easy to use. I think they're about $10-$15 each, and I actually have four of them - two at our regular house and two at our vacation home. I fire up both at once so I can make two waffles at a time.

We recently purchased the Mickey waffle maker from shopdisney. I also bought the mix that Disney uses. The waffles are perfect. My grumpy teenager was so happy, he hugged me! We have a Cuisinart waffle iron that we have used for years and love but the waffles are much thinner than the thick Belgian style and therefore, in our opinion, not as good. If you like a thicker waffle, be sure to get the Belgian style or the Mickey mini waffle maker.

We recently purchased the Mickey waffle maker from shopdisney. I also bought the mix that Disney uses. The waffles are perfect. My grumpy teenager was so happy, he hugged me! We have a Cuisinart waffle iron that we have used for years and love but the waffles are much thinner than the thick Belgian style and therefore, in our opinion, not as good. If you like a thicker waffle, be sure to get the Belgian style or the Mickey mini waffle maker.

Hi please supply the brand name for the waffle/pancake mix you mentioned in your post. I just order the Mickey Mouse waffle iron and would love to have the mix Disney uses. Thanks in advance!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter