VWL room request?

Geomom

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying in a studio at VWL for 3 nights in August. First stay at VWL! I'm at my 60 day online check-in window (through My Disney Experience) and trying to figure out which 2 'requests' to check on the form. These are the choices: ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, near elevator, woods view. What would you pick? I'd like to enjoy some time on the balcony at night with DH while kids are (hopefully) sleeping.

We'll be staying in a studio at VWL for 3 nights in August. First stay at VWL! I'm at my 60 day online check-in window (through My Disney Experience) and trying to figure out which 2 'requests' to check on the form. These are the choices: ground floor, lower floor, upper floor, near elevator, woods view. What would you pick? I'd like to enjoy some time on the balcony at night with DH while kids are (hopefully) sleeping.
Upper floor, near elevator. All of the rooms at the Villas have trees as part of the view. Ground floor rooms won't give you a chance to have as quiet a balcony experience in some cases. Lower floor isn't too bad, but I prefer being higher. I'm sure you'll love the Lodge and the Villas--there is so much to do and enjoy there. Have fun! :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's what I was thinking of as well, but having not been there yet, wanted to double check!

I requested "close to the elevator", and later called Members Services to request to be on "Bay Lake Side" as opposed to "bus depot side". I know that the latter isn't an option when doing the request online, but over the phone, the cast member noted my request. I figured that the potential sights and sounds of boats on Bay Lake would be better than the sounds of buses and a wooded view of the parking lot or dumpster at the end of the building. I make it sound worse than it is - I really don't think there is a "bad" view in the building, unless you're at the absolute end of the corridor near the garbage pen.

We ended up in rooms 1535 and 1537 (two studios on the ground floor), which were the first few rooms near the back entrance by the quiet pool. At first, I was a little disappointed not being up a little higher, but as it turned out, I ended up LOVING ground floor and the proximity to the back door. No waiting for elevators after a long day in the park (even though they're quick). No walking down the long corridors. These rooms were fantastic. I also liked being able to walk outside from our sliding door. In the mornings, we would leave the sliding doors to both rooms unlocked, allowing family members to come and go from both rooms (don't worry - everyone was showered and "decent"). This also was great for taking a quick dip in the quiet pool, and walking right to/from our own private patio.

I really felt that the convenience of ground floor - close to the elevators outweighed the slightly better view that we would have had from a higher floor. After all, even if you could get a sneak peak at Bay Lake, it's going to be a heavily wooded view. I can see the trees just fine from level 1. :)

Don't bother with the online request, it is for Disney cash guests. Make your request with MS, if you want lake view, tell them lake view or if you want close to elevator. Requests are matched if possible in order so list them in order of importance.

Be aware that VWL has dedicated studios but most are at the far end of the building above the trash dumpster service area.

:earsboy: Bill

Thank you! I appreciate everyone's insight! Can't wait for our first stay at VWL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter