VWL kitchens

ryanally

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if someone can tell me what items are in the VWL kitchens(like coffee pots, pots and pans, drink pitchers, silverware, etc). It will be are first stay. We will have a 2br unit.
Thanks

I couldn't tell you exactly what's there, but I believe they have an inventory list on the Disney DVC members web site.

Have a great trip!

Here's what you'll find in the kitchens of all the DVC 1 bedroom and larger units:

Refrigerator
Electric stove/oven
Microwave oven
Sink with disposal
Coffee maker and starter pack
Toaster
Electric blender
Dishware, glasses, coffee cups and flatware service for eight (service for 12 in three-bedroom Vacation Homes)
Serving platter, vegetable bowls, salad serving bowl, sugar bowl, pitcher and cream server
Eight-piece cookware set (pots, pans and lids)
Casserole dishes, measuring cups and spoons, colander, cutting board and cookie sheet
Paring knife, cook's knife, tongs, serving spoon, serving fork, can opener, bottle opener and corkscrew
Teakettle
Dish towel
Sponge
Potholders

Best wishes -

Can anyone tell me what is in a studio?? Particularly cookware, dishes etc, if any?? Thanks

Can anyone tell me what is in a studio?? Particularly cookware, dishes etc, if any?? Thanks

When we stayed in the BWV's we had a connecting 1 bedroom and studio. The studio had a small dorm type fridge, with a sink and some cabinets. The dinnerware was paper plates, plastic forks,spoons, and knives. I believe the cups were also plastic.

tyboyz said:

There's no cookware, since there's nothing to cook on. ( no stove, only a microwave ). You'll get some plastic knives, forks, and spoons, and some cardboard bowls and plates. The studios do have actual glasses and coffee cups, I believe.

I thought the studios also have a toaster? Or maybe you can ask for one from HK. Between the fridge, micro, toaster and coffee maker you can do a lot as far as simple meals go.

Yes, all the studios have a toaster now.

best wishes-

I usually only microwave food in glass containers but I am staying in a studio so this type of thing won't be available. Just wondering how others cook "meals" (mac & cheese, oatmeal, etc) in the microwave in a studio??
Thanks in advance for the help!

tyboyz said:
I usually only microwave food in glass containers but I am staying in a studio so this type of thing won't be available. Just wondering how others cook "meals" (mac & cheese, oatmeal, etc) in the microwave in a studio??
Thanks in advance for the help!

Well, you can do a lot by just boiling water first and mixing those things into the bowl and wait for it to "cook" for a few minutes (cup-a-soup would work too). Have you ever tried Easy Mac by Kraft? I just discovered it this summer; individual packets of mac and cheese, just add water and microwave. Depending on the bowls they have (whether or not they melt in the microwave), you might want to bring a couple of small microwavable tupperware containers or cereal bowls--it might make your life easier. If you run out of paper plates, etc., just ask for more from housekeeping. I also grabbed a few extra supplies (ie. napkins) from Roaring Forks. I'm pretty sure they had frozen microwavable entrees (ie. Kids Cuisine and Stouffer's Lasagne--but not exactly sure of the brands) at the general store as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter