VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read on FB that JT's daughter is engaged! Congratulations! What an exciting time of life this is. You know how we Groupies are... Details please!

Hey!! Big congratulations to JT!!!!

I'm in my double digit countdown!
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

OK..now...R...Rockin' Roller Coaster

As you may know, my daughter and granddaughter are living with us until my daughter can save for a place. That will take a year or more. Today, I bought a DVC annual for my 5 year old granddaughter. I was told by DVC MS that she'd only need me to explain that she's living with us as she does not have an ID at all, let alone one showing our address. What do you think?

As you may know, my daughter and granddaughter are living with us until my daughter can save for a place. That will take a year or more. Today, I bought a DVC annual for my 5 year old granddaughter. I was told by DVC MS that she'd only need me to explain that she's living with us as she does not have an ID at all, let alone one showing our address. What do you think?

I think that'll be fine. When my mother was living with us she did not get a new id with our address since she couldn't drive anymore. I was able to get her a DVC pass with an explanation that she lived with us. I had brought a couple of items to show (like her medication that had our address) but they didn't ask for anything. We purchased it at the IG.

What a great grandpa you are!!!:wizard:

I bought my son's AP today too. Wanted to beat the price increase!

S Saratoga Springs

Well, it has taken 11 years, but I officially have been bitten by the addonitus bug! Called our guide today, and she said we could add to our VWL contract with the same Use year (Dec). My dh has been saying he wanted to get me something special for my birthday on Wednesday (it's a milestone bday ;))......

It seems like it would be a fairly easy transaction if we go ahead and buy thru dvc directly--but the price per point is so much higher than the resale contracts I have seen. I was hoping some of you could share your thoughts and experiences with adding on. Thanks!

What is the ppt for VWL direct? $104/pt? I just bought VWL last November. Resale 150 pts. for $52/pt. It's hard to ignore the resales savings. However I have not seen many small contracts for resale. So I would go direct if you need a small contract.

Well, it has taken 11 years, but I officially have been bitten by the addonitus bug! Called our guide today, and she said we could add to our VWL contract with the same Use year (Dec). My dh has been saying he wanted to get me something special for my birthday on Wednesday (it's a milestone bday ;))......

It seems like it would be a fairly easy transaction if we go ahead and buy thru dvc directly--but the price per point is so much higher than the resale contracts I have seen. I was hoping some of you could share your thoughts and experiences with adding on. Thanks!

Thanks BWV Dreamin did you buy from a broker? How long did it take? We aren't sure about the number of points we want. Of course, we would be able to afford a much larger contract by not buying from Disney. I wish they could be more competitive, lol, but I suppose the don't need too!

Thanks BWV Dreamin did you buy from a broker? How long did it take? We aren't sure about the number of points we want. Of course, we would be able to afford a much larger contract by not buying from Disney. I wish they could be more competitive, lol, but I suppose the don't need too!

Yes Fidelity. Very smooth sale. Very good communication. Time frame from offer to close was a little less than 3 mos. FYI this broker has no problems submitting low offers to the seller. :thumbsup2

Hi Corrine :wave2:
I was on the Timeshare Store email list for 2+ years trying to purchase VWL resale. We also have a Dec. use year. The smaller contracts just do not come around very often, so we've always purchased direct. We've timed our purchases for the month of November (or late October) to get current years points which we immediately bank. In December additional points come. :cool1: Maintenance fees are minimal if there are any at all. We charge the purchase to our Disney Visa - 6 months 0% plus you get the rewards points. Depending on the promotion at the time, we've also received double reward points. So while it is more expensive to buy direct, we try to maximize the benefit. A call in the morning will generally generate points in our account by the end of the day.
How exciting for you. What a wonderful birthay gift!

I bought my VWL resale from DVC several years agomand was glad because you get the same use year. If you ever consider using your points for a cruise or outside of DVC you can't use resale with the new rules. Only points purchased thru DVC. Something to consider..

Our very first DVC contract was VWL resale. We've since done add on's both direct and resale but for most resorts I just couldn't do direct again because of the big price difference. Getting double the number of points sounds much better than double the price! :rotfl: It can take patience to find the resale contract that is best but the greater the number of points then the easier it can be. Other than that the resale process is not difficult when using one of the major brokers.

Edit - have you looked at TTS recently Corinne? There's a Dec UY that was added a few days ago.

Just read on FB that JT's daughter is engaged! Congratulations! What an exciting time of life this is. You know how we Groupies are... Details please!

I didn't see this ?! But it's awesome news ! Congrats to all ! Now we both have newly engaged daughters :goodvibes

Edit - have you looked at TTS recently Corinne? There's a Dec UY that was added a few days ago.

Hi Kathy, yes, I have an email in to them on that one!

Thanks so much for your input DiznyDi and Blossom! I truly appreciate it! Our guide did tell us me we would have the 2011 points now and the 2012 points come December, which IS very enticing! We do not have a Disney Visa, but that sounds like a great idea DDi!

We charge the purchase to our Disney Visa - 6 months 0% plus you get the rewards points.

Corinne...yes...the Disney Visa is a great tool for add ons! :wizard:

I have never even considered the Disney Visa, but because you both mentioned it, I began a little research--0% for 6 months works for me! Do you have the regular card or the Premier card? If we were to get the card and use it to purchase our add on, would we receive the rewards right away? I see that the redemptions cards expire, how long are they usually good for? Any other info would be appreciated--thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter