VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hope all the groupies are having a good weekend (since no one has been on all day!)
It is hot here in TX. We are supposed to have a cool front coming, but don't know how much it will help us.

85 days til our SSR(relax and enjoy doing nothing)except member night at Splitsville then 89 days til our 8 night Fantasy cruise. Cant wait!!
Followed by 132 days til our Pop Century stay then 138 days til our stay at VWL, AHHHH, HOME :goodvibes

Hope all the groupies are having a good weekend (since no one has been on all day!)
It is hot here in TX. We are supposed to have a cool front coming, but don't know how much it will help us.

Kathy...great to hear from you. I hope you get some relief soon from the heat! :sunny:

And since Jimmy and DDad have started the countdowns, mine indicates 91 days until our week at SSR. We haven't stayed there for a while, and I think it will fit our laid back vacation style. :thumbsup2

Well, as long as we're quoting numbers, 151 days until our short stay at VWL prior to Christmas; 154 days until we board the Dream for our holiday cruise. We'll spend one more day at the World at the Poly the day we get back from said cruise. My summer project has been power washing then painting our deck. The former is all done, and about 1/3 of the latter is now accomplished. For the record, the deck is well over 850 square feet and has 187 side rails, 17 small posts, and 14 anchor posts/footings. It's a job.

Just for fun, I was recently cast in a short film called "Uncle Otto's Truck," a short story by Stephen King. It's a long story, but a friend suggested me for a small role (she, too, is in it), and we filmed yesterday. I had 10 total lines in two short scenes. Took nearly 5 hours to film them both. Having been in a larger production many years ago, I knew the process was long, so it wasn't a surprise. And that's it from southwest Virginny. . .

Oh! Numbers... love me some...

We have 806 pages in this thread! Wow!
Saw that Disney was cooler than New England by 10 degrees yesterday. Might need to go south to cool off if this keeps up.

96 Days until my daughter and I are in WDW for our first trip to both the MNSSHP & F&W festival.
139 days until I may get to see my son and DIL at AKV (My other son may take the reservation on me)

May not be altogether relevant but anything BRV does is an upgrade over the last studio that we had. In fairness I will acknowledge that Housekeeping took our once in a Dvc lifetime complaint very seriously and made good. Methinks they realize that the refurbished is way overdo.

May not be altogether relevant but anything BRV does is an upgrade over the last studio that we had. In fairness I will acknowledge that Housekeeping took our once in a Dvc lifetime complaint very seriously and made good. Methinks they realize that the refurbished is way overdo.

Forgive me don’t know why this post landed here. I was trying to respond to the posts re the test rooms. Tried to delete it but cannot!

Forgive me don’t know why this post landed here. I was trying to respond to the posts re the test rooms. Tried to delete it but cannot!

No problem...we always like hearing others opinions of VWL. Sorry that you got such a stinker of a room (can you tell us which one?) but I'm glad to hear that Disney made good for you. :)

Hi, apologies if this information is elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Will be staying in a two-bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge in a few weeks. My understanding is that some of the rooms have 2 queens in the second bedroom, while others have a queen and a pull-out couch. Is there a list somewhere of the rooms that have the two queen beds? We'd like to request one of those if at all possible. Thank you.

I think the ones with the 2 beds is a dedicated 2 bedroom. The sofa bed combo would be the efficiency part of a 'lock off'2 bedroom. You should be able to request that either online check in or by calling member services. Ask for a dedicated 2 bedroom. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi, apologies if this information is elsewhere, but I couldn't find it. Will be staying in a two-bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge in a few weeks. My understanding is that some of the rooms have 2 queens in the second bedroom, while others have a queen and a pull-out couch. Is there a list somewhere of the rooms that have the two queen beds? We'd like to request one of those if at all possible. Thank you.

When your booking was done it should have designated whether you were in a dedicated 2BR or a lock-off. As mentioned the dedicated has the 2 queen beds in the second bedroom and the lock-offs have the bed and sofa sleeper. Whatever you booked is what you will be placed in barring some unforseen circumstance.

Refurb or no refurb, all should be wary of rooms 1502 & 1503. These rooms were shoehorned in at the end of the hallway when you take a right out of the elevator. Excuse me for saying, but you really have to open either the hallway door or the slider to F**T. When the couch bed was opened up, you could not walk between it and the regular bed or the slider to get outside, and there was only a foot or so at the bottom of the bed to move around. It was fun, it was cozy, BUT IT WAS UNBELIEVABLY SMALL! :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter