• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Wasn’t till close to 1am before we arrived, but the text came close to midnight. Rooms 5526/5528. It’s one of the atrium rooms so the living space is significantly larger. However there’s no Murphy bed in either the studio (5526) or the one bedroom (5528). Alas! Pullout coach in both situations. I was so hoping we’d face the lake to maybe see some fireworks, but woods view is also very lovely.
Glad you made it - relax and have a wonderful vacay!

Wasn’t till close to 1am before we arrived, but the text came close to midnight. Rooms 5526/5528. It’s one of the atrium rooms so the living space is significantly larger. However there’s no Murphy bed in either the studio (5526) or the one bedroom (5528). Alas! Pullout coach in both situations. I was so hoping we’d face the lake to maybe see some fireworks, but woods view is also very lovely.
Did you give them your expected late arrival time? When we arrived (at Kidani) we gave them the expected arrival time of 8 pm. We didn’t get the room ready text until 7:30 pm or so. I was totally surprised, but wondered if they now don’t give out room numbers until people are there in order to have more flexibility to move people around. We have moved resort twice since where I gave them arrival time before 4 pm. One room was ready at 3:50 pm, the other at 11:15 am.

Interesting. I'm pretty sure I put our arrival down as 5 or 6pm and I got our text around 4:30 or so. There might be something to that. I think next time, I'm going to give a morning arrival time (even though we never get early flights there) because then maybe we'll have a better chance of getting a room request.

Did you give them your expected late arrival time? When we arrived (at Kidani) we gave them the expected arrival time of 8 pm. We didn’t get the room ready text until 7:30 pm or so. I was totally surprised, but wondered if they now don’t give out room numbers until people are there in order to have more flexibility to move people around. We have moved resort twice since where I gave them arrival time before 4 pm. One room was ready at 3:50 pm, the other at 11:15 am.
Oh, you’re right, I did. I had always received the text from 4-6pm when arriving late in the past, so it didn’t occur to me that might be why!

Oh, you’re right, I did. I had always received the text from 4-6pm when arriving late in the past, so it didn’t occur to me that might be why!
I think they changed that. When I did online check in, I saw that they now no longer let you specify the time you arrive if it’s before 4 pm.

Enjoy the rest of your stay! We loved BRV again on this trip! The refurbished rooms were wonderful!

2 weeks to the day after my Dads youngest sister passed away, now his oldest sister has passed yesterday. My Dad is the last of his siblings. Between his stroke, yellow jacket stings that put him in the hospital back in June, and now losing 2 sisters in 2 weeks, please pray for him. I'm concerned depression may set in
Jimmy, very sorry to hear about your dad’s tough time! Aging parents watching siblings & friends pass on is brutal. Both my father & father-in-law are 90+ and have outlived most everyone they held dear.

Just got done booking a split stay starting March 20th. 3 nights at OKW (2 BR) followed by 2 nights at GF (1 BR). Had to take what we could get with this last minute trip!

Hope all Groupies are doing well!

Jimmy, very sorry to hear about your dad’s tough time! Aging parents watching siblings & friends pass on is brutal. Both my father & father-in-law are 90+ and have outlived most everyone they held dear.

Just got done booking a split stay starting March 20th. 3 nights at OKW (2 BR) followed by 2 nights at GF (1 BR). Had to take what we could get with this last minute trip!

Hope all Groupies are doing well!
Thank you Ron. Dad is starting speech therapy today so our hope is it will help him with his cognitive skills. He has been through a lot lately.

Last minute trips sometimes are the best ones. Never stayed at GF but love OKW

A week out from a short stay at AKL Kidani. My fianceé and I are headed there as seeing animals from the balcony has been on her "to do" list for quite sometime. No parks for this visit, just relaxation. Of course, we'll head over to the Lodge to walk around and soak up the ambiance, perhaps grab a bite at Geyser Point. And, we'll hit Disney Springs, as well, since it's a fun place to walk around. After that, it's over to see my daughter and her family in Melbourne. Have a great upcoming weekend, Groupies! pirate:

Last edited:
Looking at Page 1, I see we're the only Groupies anywhere near the World in March. . .at least the only ones of whom I know. If anyone else is there during March (or any other time) and want me to add you to Page 1, just let me know!

Good morning groupies, this was too good not to share…I would sure love it if Disney would bring them to Disney Springs…
Ron
I agree
They would be awesome at DS and maybe inspiring to other younglings with talent to pursue their dreams
Those kids have more talent in their pinky fingers than I have in a lifetime of this old body😂

Last edited:
Leaving for the World this Friday morning, and we were going to stop in Brunswick, GA, on the way down. Lo and behold, our waitlist for HHI (studio) popped up this morning! While slightly out of the way, it's still cheaper than an OOP for a hotel room, plus I used to work there so it will be great to see my old resort again. pirate:

Leaving for the World this Friday morning, and we were going to stop in Brunswick, GA, on the way down. Lo and behold, our waitlist for HHI (studio) popped up this morning! While slightly out of the way, it's still cheaper than an OOP for a hotel room, plus I used to work there so it will be great to see my old resort again. pirate:
That is awesome!

A very worthwhile detour. Enjoy!

We checked into BRV yesterday, and got our fabulous preferred "corner" atrium unit. We're (mostly) pleased with the renovations, but why oh why is there grey faux-wood flooring in a wilderness-themed accommodation, along with mid-century dining and easy chairs? Ugh.

One MAJOR complaint: the LED bulbs in EVERY light fixture in the room (expect for the bedside reading spots) which give the entire Villa a blue-ish hospital room tinge. Seriously, it's genuinely ugly, making everything look washed-out and overlit. Whose brilliant idea was this? I've not encountered this horrible lighting in any other DVC villa I've stayed at in the last three years (Aulani, Poly, Riviera), and this seems to be a problem only at VBR.

Thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter