VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Ok Groupies - need help (again) with dates for 2024 trip…
Since Thanksgiving is so ‘late’ in Nov. next year (28th) - instead of the usual first week of Dec - I booked Nov 16-25 - will I regret it? Will I miss my usual first week? I’m doing a split between BWV and WL…I know there’s no guarantee that either resort will be decorated until the last couple days of the trip….but I also don’t want to cut into so much time in Dec that I can’t enjoy my own Christmas decorations…decisions decisions 😩
I’ll add that I’m spending Thanksgiving at DHHIR with my daughter, SIL, and precious Grand Girls…
Hey
We thought about going prior to Thanksgiving like you, but opted for early Dec., or let me rephrase, we will be up at the crack of dawn Mon AM to start booking 2-2 bedrooms for a Dec 1 arrival

Our DD loves WDW at Christmas season and she felt she would be disappointed if WL/VWL weren't decorated. I have mixed feelings myself. Go mid Nov, catch the tail end of F&W, yet transition over to Christmas too, sort of the best of both worlds. But I too love WL at Christmas(even more than I usually do)so that factors in as well.

When we know we are going early Dec., we tend to put up our Christmas decorations early, buy gifts early, wrap early, then we get home, half the work is done and we enjoy Christmas even more.

Ok Groupies - need help (again) with dates for 2024 trip…
Since Thanksgiving is so ‘late’ in Nov. next year (28th) - instead of the usual first week of Dec - I booked Nov 16-25 - will I regret it? Will I miss my usual first week? I’m doing a split between BWV and WL…I know there’s no guarantee that either resort will be decorated until the last couple days of the trip….but I also don’t want to cut into so much time in Dec that I can’t enjoy my own Christmas decorations…decisions decisions 😩
I’ll add that I’m spending Thanksgiving at DHHIR with my daughter, SIL, and precious Grand Girls…
That's sorta what happened to us this year because we were gone for 10 days in Hawaii. Not that I would complain we were in Hawaii😂, but I did sorta missed my own decorations!

We did put up the tree and some decorations before Thanksgiving, but I couldn't do as much as I did last year, just because November ended up being pretty busy, then we were gone and by the time we came back it was mid December. I didn't wanna spend more time and energy on the extra Christmas decorations for just 3 weeks, so I did feel like I missed out on my own stuff a bit and I'm not getting quite the feels at home vs last year!

I know I'm EXTREMELY early to be thinking 2025 Christmas, but I'm glad you mentioned the resort Christmas decoration might not be up in November. Because I want to do F&W late so the parks will have the Christmas decor up, but I forgot the resorts do theirs a tad later! I might run into this same dilemma as you next year when I need to decide...lol!

Just submitted our room request for our upcoming trip. Getting close!! :banana::cheer2:

Back from another whirlwind vacation - and we got our requested room! I requested room #2519 or 3519 and we received #2519 - dedicated 2-bedroom.

We've stayed in a newly remodeled room already (first ones to stay in 1-bedroom 2507 in Dec 2022) so we were excited to tray a remodeled 2-bedroom.

A few Cons from me:
  • I didn't like how the master shower and toilet was tied to the living room.
  • The couch was one of the most uncomfortable couches ever
  • One couch cushion was filled with air - so if you sat on it with the 'right' angle it would sound like a whoopie cushion
I love the location of this room. Close to the lobby and elevators. Nice view of the pool area from the balcony.

Back from another whirlwind vacation - and we got our requested room! I requested room #2519 or 3519 and we received #2519 - dedicated 2-bedroom.

We've stayed in a newly remodeled room already (first ones to stay in 1-bedroom 2507 in Dec 2022) so we were excited to tray a remodeled 2-bedroom.

A few Cons from me:
  • I didn't like how the master shower and toilet was tied to the living room.
  • The couch was one of the most uncomfortable couches ever
  • One couch cushion was filled with air - so if you sat on it with the 'right' angle it would sound like a whoopie cushion
I love the location of this room. Close to the lobby and elevators. Nice view of the pool area from the balcony.
Hey Good Ol Gal
We stayed in 2519 as our 1st stay in any 2 bedroom on property, 2003. Fell in love with 2 bedrooms after that.
FF to Oct 2022, when we stayed in requested room 3519, same layout just above yours. My observations are similar to yours, and will add, kitchen a wee bit smallish in comparison to other 2 bedroom layouts on the long hall area. Not crazy about tv placement in LR, you have to turn left on couch. Not biggies enough to prevent me from staying in that area again, just observations.

Strange request - does anyone happen to have a photo of the hair dryer that's in a studio at BRV? I'm just trying to decide if it will work for me or if I should bring my own.

Hey Good Ol Gal
We stayed in 2519 as our 1st stay in any 2 bedroom on property, 2003. Fell in love with 2 bedrooms after that.
FF to Oct 2022, when we stayed in requested room 3519, same layout just above yours. My observations are similar to yours, and will add, kitchen a wee bit smallish in comparison to other 2 bedroom layouts on the long hall area. Not crazy about tv placement in LR, you have to turn left on couch. Not biggies enough to prevent me from staying in that area again, just observations.
Yes - the TV was a weird placement. The toilet paper roll location in the 2nd bedroom was also weird - way too low for someone under 5' LOL

Strange request - does anyone happen to have a photo of the hair dryer that's in a studio at BRV? I'm just trying to decide if it will work for me or if I should bring my own.
I think it’s the basic cheap Conair hairdryer they have in all the resorts. If you feel strongly about a good hairdryer, I’d bring your own. We normally go in the late summer so it’s humid as heck, so even if I brought my Dyson, it would not make a difference after a few minutes outside! For your trip, it won’t be nearly as humid, so a good hair day is definitely possible!

Agree it's the typical hair dryer you'd find at a drug store or Target etc. Usually low and high setting, maybe cool shot but maybe not. I do have thick hair, has been pretty long at times and find it adequate enough to not bring my own.

I think it’s the basic cheap Conair hairdryer they have in all the resorts. If you feel strongly about a good hairdryer, I’d bring your own. We normally go in the late summer so it’s humid as heck, so even if I brought my Dyson, it would not make a difference after a few minutes outside! For your trip, it won’t be nearly as humid, so a good hair day is definitely possible!

Oh, good hair days don't exist for me. Ha! I normally put my hair in a ponytail/wear a hat. I basically just hate those hair dryers with the short "nose"...like the ones you find attached to the wall in a place like a Holiday Inn. My hair always seems to get sucked into the back of them.

Agree it's the typical hair dryer you'd find at a drug store or Target etc. Usually low and high setting, maybe cool shot but maybe not. I do have thick hair, has been pretty long at times and find it adequate enough to not bring my own.

This sounds like it might be okay for me then. I'm always looking for ways to pack less and a hair dryer is such an awkward shape that it's annoying to pack.

In another thread, someone mentioned the AC units shutting off in the middle of the night due to lack of movement in the room. Is that the case with the refurbished studios? It might not be warm enough to need the AC at night but I'm still curious since I can't sleep in a warm room.

Also...we're going to get some groceries delivered, probably from walmart. I looked and they give us a 1-hour window. I have no idea if they contact us when they arrive so we can just grab the stuff from them or if they just automatically leave our groceries with bell services. I honestly don't think I've never utilized bell services at any hotel, ever so bear with me here. Do I go to the front desk to ask for my delivery? Or is it somewhere else? Then do I just hand over a few bucks after they give me my things?

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I have even more questions.

I'm looking at the map of the resort and trying to get the lay of the land. I see there's a covered walkway to the buses from the BRV building so I assume we just go down that elevator and out those doors to get to the bus stop. Seems pretty easy.

Now my question is...what's the best route to walk to get to the boat launch for MK?
And what's the best route to eat breakfast at the quick service place? I'm seeing several ways and not exactly sure which makes the most sense since I'm not familiar with the area at all.

If anyone would be able to point me in the right direction, that would be great.
This is the map I'm looking at - https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/wildlodge.htm

When heading to MK via the boat launch, we exit the back door of the BR lobby and walk around the back of the pool, the path right next to the geyser. It is far easier than going into the main WL building, and back out again. (Especially because I avoid some hills this way, as I am pushing an adult in a wheel chair). For breakfast, there are several ways, go thru main lobby, or if stairs are ok, there are paths up and down steps near the waterfall. Try exploring for fun.

Thanks! At VGC, the pool was never open in the morning when we'd head to breakfast so we couldn't cut through that area so I wasn't sure if the same was true at the WDW resorts. Looks like that would likely be the quickest way.

If it's rainy, does it make more sense to take the covered walkways into the main building and then head to breakfast?

Thanks! At VGC, the pool was never open in the morning when we'd head to breakfast so we couldn't cut through that area so I wasn't sure if the same was true at the WDW resorts. Looks like that would likely be the quickest way.

If it's rainy, does it make more sense to take the covered walkways into the main building and then head to breakfast?
You don't have to cut through the pool. There are walkways around both pools. The distance going via either route isn't vastly different, and neither is that far. If you've stayed at VGC, it's maybe the distance from the furthest villa to Craftsman Grill, regardless of whether you stay inside (my preference for Roaring Fork) or outside. Outside is definitely a bit shorter if you are heading to the dock, but again, there are walkways everywhere and nothing requires going through any gates or into any area that closes after dark.

Nice! Glad to know it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. I hate the unknown so I'm really trying to get all the details sorted so I'm not getting flustered and confused.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter