• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I have a happy story. Yesterday was the first day we could renew our AP’s, yikes, the first day for booking DVC new ones.

We did it in person, and it took no time at all. Please be happy for us, I was worried.
I'm happy for you! How nice to have enough visits planned to justify an AP - we didn't renew ours because we're planning to visit Disneyland next year and don't think we'll have opportunity to visit WDW as well.

I'm happy for you! How nice to have enough visits planned to justify an AP - we didn't renew ours because we're planning to visit Disneyland next year and don't think we'll have opportunity to visit WDW as well.
Have a great time in DL.
We are retired, and a fair amount of points, have limited mobility and want to do what we can while we can.

Included this year will be a wonderful family trip with our TX family and their friends.😊

I have a happy story. Yesterday was the first day we could renew our AP’s, yikes, the first day for booking DVC new ones.

We did it in person, and it took no time at all. Please be happy for us, I was worried.
Thats awesome! We were able to secure ours via computer, it was stressful to say the least. Im glad it was an easy go for you folks :goodvibes

Have a great time in DL.
We are retired, and a fair amount of points, have limited mobility and want to do what we can while we can.

Included this year will be a wonderful family trip with our TX family and their friends.😊
Bobbi, I get it. Go while the going is good. Life is short, so vacation as often as possible. My mom n Dad went to Hawaii 20 straight years in a row, its just where they liked to go, and Im so glad they did. Dad is 91 now, Mom is 83. They haven't been anywhere in quite a few years now, but they still have great memories!

We’re 11 days away from our next stay at WDW. It’s been almost a year since we last visited. Now that we are once again AP holders, we plan to mosey over to Epcot on our first evening despite our late arrival. :goodvibes
I love that idea! The things we took for granted when we once were AP holders.

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to secure a reservation for Space 220, or has already visited? I’d love to score a lounge ressie, but it’s arguably one of the most difficult places to secure at this time.

Has anyone been able to secure a reservation for Space 220, or has already visited? I’d love to score a lounge ressie, but it’s arguably one of the most difficult places to secure at this time.
We were able to get a res. back in Oct. It has a cool vibe about. it, and I wouldn't mind going back to the lounge area. Drinks are good, some unique, desserts are good too. I cant say I'm a fan of the entrees or apps. Pricewise its crazy IMO. I think once the new wears off and those of us who are intrigued by it all have gone, things will change. I dont feel like its a return visit type place. As mentioned, the lounge is. the way to go, you can see it all from there, pick and choose what suits you, and feel like you didnt spend a small fortune

We were able to get a res. back in Oct. It has a cool vibe about. it, and I wouldn't mind going back to the lounge area. Drinks are good, some unique, desserts are good too. I cant say I'm a fan of the entrees or apps. Pricewise its crazy IMO. I think once the new wears off and those of us who are intrigued by it all have gone, things will change. I dont feel like its a return visit type place. As mentioned, the lounge is. the way to go, you can see it all from there, pick and choose what suits you, and feel like you didnt spend a small fortune
Funny, this completely described my feelings about Oga’s Cantina at Studios. One and done.

Funny, this completely described my feelings about Oga’s Cantina at Studios. One and done.
I've been to Oga's a several times and found the experience depends a lot on where you are standing, or for the few lucky ones, seated.

The best was when we were at the tip of the bar, the bar tenders were very fun, really putting on the show and DJ rex was right there (I love star wars droids).

The worst was when we were tucked away to stand in a dark alcove, couldn't see anything, the playful atmosphere was gone and we were sticking to the floor.

I had the same group with me both times. While enjoyed the company both times, it was clearly infinitely better the first.

We have been to Ogas 3 times and enjoyed all 3. Since its not a forced eating establishment I know I can leave with my wallet still somewhat intact:rotfl2:

I've been to Oga's a several times and found the experience depends a lot on where you are standing, or for the few lucky ones, seated.

The best was when we were at the tip of the bar, the bar tenders were very fun, really putting on the show and DJ rex was right there (I love star wars droids).

The worst was when we were tucked away to stand in a dark alcove, couldn't see anything, the playful atmosphere was gone and we were sticking to the floor.

I had the same group with me both times. While enjoyed the company both times, it was clearly infinitely better the first.
Our 1st time, we shared table with another family, nice to be seated. The next 2 times we stood, the 1st of those, stuck in a dark corner, the next, better, lighted area, and the waitstaff didnt forget about us

We ate there on our trip in the restaurant though not the lounge. The food was pretty good. Our table was not. We were sat all the way at the front at the very end so the view was bad. Probably a one and done for us

We have been to Ogas 3 times and enjoyed all 3. Since its not a forced eating establishment I know I can leave with my wallet still somewhat intact:rotfl2:

Our 1st time, we shared table with another family, nice to be seated. The next 2 times we stood, the 1st of those, stuck in a dark corner, the next, better, lighted area, and the waitstaff didnt forget about us
Our first time was at HS and we had to stand at the table. It is hard for us because we are pretty shy so there wasn't much conversation with the other people. Decided to to it again at DL. This time we had seats and our tablemates were very outgoing and made us feel very included in the conversation. A much better experience. Not sure if we will go back again just because we are so shy. We did enjoy the drinks and the soft pretzel was delicious.

Doing taxes today (we have until Tuesday). I had the info entered and nearly ready back in January, but not all my forms had come in. Since then, apparently Tax Act lost my entries. (As I recall it also imported one of my forms incorrectly too - not trusting it.)
Trying out TaxSlayer - it's a bit clunky. Thankfully they're not that complicated outside of a schedule C where at least for 2022 I had the foresight to put my deductions into a spreadsheet and income was just one tab over.

Anyone else want to join me at the desk? Plenty of room to pull up an office chair.

Last edited:

My experiences at Oga's is similar to others. We have been twice, and ended up standing in the exact same place both times at a table right in front of the "DJ". The first time it was just kind of cool since the whole Star Wars land is so immersive including Oga's. The second time we definitely had the "been there, done that" feeling but we ended up talking to other people at our table. With the standing tables being so narrow, we were standing close to those across from us so it was very natural to talk once they decided that we weren't freaky old people.

I would love to take my daughter and her husband there when we have our family trip in October, but I have a feeling they'd just as soon experience it alone (without the freaky old people). :)

I got a reservation for us for this upcoming trip so in 2 weeks I'll know what it's like. lol The reservation is for late lunch/early dinner in the restaurant, not the lounge.

Good evening groupies! Here at the beloved lodge now. We are in a newly refurbed studio this trip. Just finished all 3 runDisney races this weekend. No parks this trip, but did buy our AP's early Thursday morning. I was so irritated that I got up at 5:55 (which was 4:55 CST) for us, only to not be able to successfully buy tickets until almost 10:00. I even put clothes on and walked to the front desk about 6:45 to see if they could help me. They could not. She told me I could go to guest services at a park when they opened. I finally decided around 8:45 that I would just have DH drop me at the front of Hollywood studios and I would purchase there, before heading to the running expo at Wide World of Sports. As we were driving, I was put into a waiting que that ended up moving pretty rapidly, so I finally was able to purchase online as we pulled in the WWoS parking lot. Never ended up having to go to guest services. I should have just slept in, but I was too nervous that they would sell out. Since the next 3 days involved a 2:30 am alarm, I was especially bitter about the lost sleep!:crazy2:
We are pretty pleased with the refurb. I like the lightness of the colors. I'll try to post some pics if the site will let me. I requested close to the lobby, and we are about as far away as one can get!🤣 I will say it's pretty quiet down the looonngg hall though, so since we've been going to bed with the toddlers and napping during the day because of the races, it's worked out pretty well. There are a few things that I'm shaking my head at with the refurb, things like they covered the electrical outlets up with the twin murphy bed, and didn't bother adding any to replace them. Also, having stayed in the newly refurbed SSR rooms, they added numerous plugs and USB's there, they did not do that here. Also the toilet paper holder is so low on the wall, that the paper hangs in the trash can. Not sure why they would put it there. We are fine on storage with the two of us, but I'm not sure where if you were a family of 4 or 5 you would store your stuff. There are only 3 drawers. We also don't have any kinds of hooks on the bathroom door for hanging wet towels. I can still see the holes on the back of door, where there was one at some point. Not sure if it should still be there or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter