• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

T - Toulouse (Below, center)
bfc06c24e4cc8a8436a08ed639fe7f39.jpg

Me too Erin! We have tickets unused that we bought a few weeks back for our Oct trip, but not sure I want to chance waiting on phone to be able to apply them to APs. Im going to be at the helm of my laptop at 6am sharp to make sure I get every chance possible to get them.
Boy, Disney has us hook, line and sinker, now just reel us in slowly so as not to lose us:crazy:
The tickets I purchased are for our trip in two weeks…if I try and buy them online without applying the tickets I will have to order again from UT and have the ticket price applied to next purchase, or ask them for a refund and only receive 95% of purchase price back. Ugh.

I just read on another thread that it may be possible to change your tickets online by simply selecting “change ticket” in your profile under my plans. Oh my goodness tomorrow could be interesting.

Me too Erin! We have tickets unused that we bought a few weeks back for our Oct trip, but not sure I want to chance waiting on phone to be able to apply them to APs. Im going to be at the helm of my laptop at 6am sharp to make sure I get every chance possible to get them.
Boy, Disney has us hook, line and sinker, now just reel us in slowly so as not to lose us:crazy:
Do we know 6:00am for sure? Is that Eastern Time? I’m in central now, but we are headed to the world now, so I’ll be on Eastern tomorrow.

I'm tempted to renew my DVC AP, if I want to do so I have to do it within the next week... preferably today before the mad house doors open, but cannot justify the price of well over $800 for what might be only one trip.
Sad to see it go - the discounts are nice.

I sure hear you. If it helps at all, we felt the same way and did not renew, and now I am going to be joining the sea of humanity tomorrow. How long will your trip be, and is there any chance you’ll add another one this year?

I'm tempted to renew my DVC AP, if I want to do so I have to do it within the next week... preferably today before the mad house doors open, but cannot justify the price of well over $800 for what might be only one trip.
Sad to see it go - the discounts are nice.

The problem we had was that even with one trip, the cost of park hopper passes was as much as a DVC AP renewal. We usually have bought new APs in the past, timing them to get 3 trips out of every pass. But at this point, I think we'll just keep renewing the APs and count it like dues as the cost of doing business with Disney.

I was up early, attempted to modify existing passes online, kept getting error messages. I added the AP’s to my cart, and began a chat session explaining my desire to upgrade, and was told to call at 7:00.

I was able to upgrade our park hoppers to AP’s. I received a message stating DVC Sorcerer Pass not available at this time, but remained on hold. CM said I was one of the lucky ones because she could assist with upgrading existing passes, but new purchases would have to go through DVC. I was telling her that communications from DVC did not state that anywhere, (which of course she knew). She was awesome and very thorough. It is frustrating that the communication was not clear from DVC, I hope everyone looking to upgrade or purchase AP’s are able to do so!

This morning was a whirlwind. We got online right at 5:59am, system kept kicking us off, or timed out or whatever you call it, so we kept refreshing and got on phone to be put on hold for 167 mins. Tammys diligence paid off and we finally got them around 8:30 online. The IT dept apparently didnt get the memo, crazy crowd lining up to throw $$ your way :teeth:

I sure hear you. If it helps at all, we felt the same way and did not renew, and now I am going to be joining the sea of humanity tomorrow. How long will your trip be, and is there any chance you’ll add another one this year?

My next planned trip is not until October. That 1/2 year gap supports letting the pass lapse.
Now, should I happen to have an impromptu trip pop up before then I may be kicking myself.

This morning was a whirlwind. We got online right at 5:59am, system kept kicking us off, or timed out or whatever you call it, so we kept refreshing and got on phone to be put on hold for 167 mins. Tammys diligence paid off and we finally got them around 8:30 online. The IT dept apparently didnt get the memo, crazy crowd lining up to throw $$ your way :teeth:
I don't think the IT dept cared if they weren't getting a cut of those funds, or at the very least some credit. 😂

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter