• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

When we did Keys to the Kingdom tour we were told that recycled things were definitely sorted out. Everything was gone through, even recycled cans were thoroughly scanned as the company wasn’t leaving it up to the public to get it right. Everything was sorted again.

This was many years ago, probably in early 2000s.

When we did Keys to the Kingdom tour we were told that recycled things were definitely sorted out. Everything was gone through, even recycled cans were thoroughly scanned as the company wasn’t leaving it up to the public to get it right. Everything was sorted again.

This was many years ago, probably in early 2000s.
And WDW might still be doing that. HHI definitely does not. pirate:

Final report on 1st trip to BLT. [snip] Was successful on booking Virtual Queue on 4 occasions (2 Guardians & 2 TRON) so get up at 6:30, get your party set and start clicking “Refresh” continually starting at 6:58. Per a cast member we were advised to do this with cell service (go out on balcony or wherever you have 4 bars) — DO NOT USE RESORT WI-FI. We only paid for Individual Lightening Lanes for 7DMT & FOP.

Ron...another great tip regarding the Virtual Queue and internet service. I didn't think about the hotel internet service but with so many people trying to do things on My Disney Experience exactly at 7:00 am it makes total sense that the public wifi would bog down.

And BLT is 2nd or 3rd favorite in my family (we have some BWV lovers who are hard to convince!). The extra bathroom is very nice, and the location can't be beat for really easy access to two parks. Thanks again for sharing your experiences and tips with us.

Last edited:

Suzabella - "We're bummed they took out the ceiling fans but were prepared due to someone here. DH always travels (and he travels a lot for work) with a small fan. That really helped. The trash can/recycling was also an awkward box not like a normal trash can. It's small and divided, one side for trash, one for recycling. Interesting thing is, we were there when a Mousekeeping came to collect it and they put it all in the same trash bag."

I doubt Disney actually recycles much, at least from trash in the rooms. We didn't at HHI, certainly. Yes, there are blue containers with blue trash bags to put recyclables into, and they even have a blue recycle bin under each building there, too. However, all the trash gets put into one trash compactor--there is no sorting or anything of the kind. The only thing that gets recycled at HHI (and likely all WDW resorts) is cardboard from packaging that we open such as boxes full of paper towels, toilet paper, soaps, etc. There are two bins for cardboard next to the compactor.

Why is this? Well, in all fairness, most people don't separate their recyclables from the rest of their garbage, and there is no way Disney is going to hire personnel to sort through garbage. Housekeepers certainly don't have time to do it, either. Does Disney like for people to think they recycle? Absolutely. The truth is they don't nearly as much as people think.

@KAT4DISNEY You got it!

Friends who live in The Villages said they no longer separate their trash and recycling. It goes to a center that does that. I just figured Disney did it that way too.

Did everyone receive the email stating that AP sales resume on 4/20, and eligible DVC members are able to purchase the DVC DISNEY SORCERER PASS online starting 4/13. There is no mention of the discount, so I inquired via chat with DVC, and was told there is no discount. I hope this is not true.

Did everyone receive the email stating that AP sales resume on 4/20, and eligible DVC members are able to purchase the DVC DISNEY SORCERER PASS online starting 4/13. There is no mention of the discount, so I inquired via chat with DVC, and was told there is no discount. I hope this is not true.
If you mean no discount on the Sorcerer pass that is the way it's always been going back to the Gold pass. It already is a discounted pass. If you mean on the Incredible's pass I think that's the way it's been since this new tier of passes was introduced.

If you mean no discount on the Sorcerer pass that is the way it's always been going back to the Gold pass. It already is a discounted pass. If you mean on the Incredible's pass I think that's the way it's been since this new tier of passes was introduced.
Ahhh, ok thanks. “Discount“ is a loose term. o_O I do wonder if we’ll be able to upgrade the 5 day park hopper passes we just purchased.

We did! Uber excited, so glad they made a return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter