• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

If you look to the right if the Murphy bed, there is actually a pattern on the wall. If you look over the bed, same pattern. So it looks like there may be wall paper on the wall with the beds, but the lights are so bright, it washes it out. I also highly suspect that the red and blues on the head board are going to more closely align with colors of the couch and curtain in real life. I'm guessing they want to show the rooms are bright, but in doing so, caused poor coloring of other things, especially the bed headboard.

This, definitely! Here are close-ups of the wallpaper to the left (brightened by excessive lighting) vs. to the right of the murphy bed - taken from the originally posted photo of a projection image at D23. Same wall pattern with different lighting = dramatically different color appearance.
1663081636764.png 1663081840357.png

Even the bright blue is completely washed out to white in some parts of the headboard. So like the wallpaper, the headboard colors are probably more accurately showing in the drapes, also shown below.

1663082229944.png 1663083425354.png

The right side of the D23 studio image looks much like this 1BR BRV living room photo posted on Instragram March 14, 2021 and linked to by Disneydreamer#1 last week on the other BRV Refurb thread, now shown below. This "test room" seems to have similar flooring, draperies, and color scheme as the right side of the studio photo posted above. I find this older test room decor very appealing. No white walls. No uncomfortably bright blues or reds but rather soothing, natural colors.

1663083627499.png

What do you all think of this test room?

Last edited:
I'm trying to reserve my judgement until I see some better photos. The original pic is so pixilated, a photo of screen of some sort I assume. It's really hard to tell. I don't like the headboard colors at all, if they are that bright. but there is a whole other half of the room we can't see, so here's hoping that looks cool. I will admit, that the previous refurb (at least the studios) were not my taste either. I'm not a huge dark wood person, and the light that hung right in the middle of the studio rooms looked ridiculous in my opinion. It looked like something that should be in a kitchen somewhere. It didn't fit the space at all. I'm also ok with light and bright, so I'm sure we'll all have differences of opinion when we actually see them. Since I didn't love the last refurb, I'm probably in the minority anyway. I'm just ready for new and the appearance of clean!

This, definitely! Here are close-ups of the wallpaper to the left (brightened by excessive lighting) vs. to the right of the murphy bed - taken from the originally posted photo of a projection image at D23. Same wall pattern with different lighting = dramatically different color appearance.
View attachment 702096 View attachment 702099

Even the bright blue is completely washed out to white in some parts of the headboard. So like the wallpaper, the headboard colors are probably more accurately showing in the drapes, also shown below.

View attachment 702104 View attachment 702107

The right side of the D23 studio image looks much like this 1BR BRV living room photo posted on Instragram March 14, 2021 and linked to by Disneydreamer#1 last week on the other BRV Refurb thread, now shown below. This "test room" seems to have similar flooring, draperies, and color scheme as the right side of the studio photo posted above. I find this older test room decor very appealing. No white walls. No uncomfortably bright blues or reds but rather soothing, natural colors.

View attachment 702109

That is fine for colors. I'd have preferred a little different with what I term actual rustic but this is in line with todays general thoughts on "rustic" and did get some pops of color. My main complaint about this design is the stools for seating going around the table vs chairs with backs but that's a minor wish. Nice observation on the wallpaper. Of course you'd think Disney should know by now if they show something they need to make it a good representation?

I agree that the lighting is way blown out on the D23 picture from the bed lights - noticed the curtains and they didn't seem to jive with the headboard at all. It is a picture of a projection but still you can tell the original photo had poor lighting from the start. Fingers still crossed that is all that is going on.

... you'd think Disney should know by now if they show something they need to make it a good representation?

What's that? It's not like Disney is in the business of creating videos to be shown on screen.

:rolleyes1

Remember how long it took them to start updating the rooms with televisions we could see from the sofa? My kids would joke that Disney creates all these movies, but they don't really want anyone watching them. DVC was the first to bring in the big flat screens. :) I miss that version of our membership, staying on top of what was needed and adding the nice extra touches. Now days we don't even get those cute paper coasters that I'd mail off to family with a note.

Last edited:

What's that? It's not like Disney is in the business of creating videos to be shown on screen.

:rolleyes1

Remember how long it took them to start updating the rooms with televisions we could see from the sofa? My kids would joke that Disney creates all these movies, but they don't really want anyone watching them.Cool thing there was DVC was the first to bring in the big flat screens. :) I miss that version of our membership. Now days we don't even get those cute paper coasters that I'd mail off to family with a note.

Last trip I had a glass I wanted to set down and NOT ruin the furniture. Good grief - don't even remember what I finally dug out to set it on. I suspect a lot of people would just set it down. That and no pads of paper and a pen in the room drive me nuts.

View attachment 702109

I think the blue in the head board may be more like the blue in the couch in the test room.

Just back from Expo, stayed at VGC and DL Hotel. Both had 2 pads and 2 pens! I spoke to the DVC rep at the Expo and I don't think she even knew what BR was. Blank stare when I mentioned it was my home resort, so I never saw those pictures. It was really to share (no real) information on DL Hotel DVC. DL Hotel had photos, and most people were asking if the Studio would sleep 5? Answer: NO.

I am happy for any refurb at BR. I wanted that ugly grout and tile gone, and the terrible pull out couches burned. Pictures look ok to me. Next stay is November 30. I hope some is done by then.

View attachment 702109

I like the curtains, rug, pillows and picture on the wall. Do think they brightened it a bit more than I like for a Lodge theme

I do prefer the test room to what the, admittedly, poor picture from D23 shows. There is a way to modernize rooms yet still leave them nicely themed.

And, what gives, Groupies? No posts since Saturday?

I, for one, have been busy working days and rehearsing evenings. My current occupation? Apple picking. I kid you not.

IMG_8984.jpeg
IMG_8948.jpeg

IMG_8986.jpeg

I do prefer the test room to what the, admittedly, poor picture from D23 shows. There is a way to modernize rooms yet still leave them nicely themed.

And, what gives, Groupies? No posts since Saturday?

I, for one, have been busy working days and rehearsing evenings. My current occupation? Apple picking. I kid you not.

View attachment 704282
View attachment 704283

View attachment 704284
Love it, and it is time. I love an orchard with a view and will drive over an hour to get to the best one I know. (Bolton Springs, MA)
My favorite: Cortlands.
🍎

Where is this orchard you have pictured?

We just got back from WDW and a stay at CCV. I missed BRVs but we still got to enjoy The Lodge.

Saw lots of construction workers and there were shipping containers lined up in the parking area. So exciting!! I nearly squealed when I saw them!

We stayed at BCV for our Epcot visit and that was the perfect location. We rope dropped Remmy, then did Frozen before the park opened. I was able to get a virtual queue for Guardians at the 1 pm drop. Decided not to even try for the 7am.

Remmy caused us no nausea at all. We went back during the extra hours that night and rode it a 2nd time.

Guardians did make most of us a little nauseous but it wasn't horrible. A Mickey pretzel cured us but then, a Mickey pretzel cures all.

We were in MK that Thursday that the funnel cloud was spotted. We had just watched Country Bears and they stopped the shows to make it a shelter. I've never seen rain that hard. When we left, the puddles were over our shoes. We had ordered dinner at Columbia Harbor House and ended up running through the rain for shelter then held up there for another 1 1/2 hours. My DH fell, slipping on the tile just inside the entrance. They just couldn't keep a puddle from forming there. He was lucky. Just a scrape on his arm but no bruises and no soreness next day.

All in all, a great trip and I'm happy to report that the magic is still there. All the cast members we encountered were amazing and we even got sprinkled with some pixie dust along the way.

Oh! And if you get to Gideon's during September, definitely try the cinnamon French toast cold brew. I'm not a coffee drinker but I now dream about that beverage!!

Hope all are well and Sleepy, what are you doing in an apple orchard?

Suzabella
Great trip report! Glad your DH didnt get hurt that had to have been a scary moment!
Thanks for your honesty on how you feel about the magic of it all. We have a trip coming up soon there and with all the negative talk recently, its nice to get a different perspective.

Suzabella
Great trip report! Glad your DH didnt get hurt that had to have been a scary moment!
Thanks for your honesty on how you feel about the magic of it all. We have a trip coming up soon there and with all the negative talk recently, its nice to get a different perspective.

Thanks! I didn't actually see him fall or I would have freaked out. Hearing about it was bad enough.

I'll be honest, DH wanted to sell our points after hearing the negative and some of the decisions that Disney has made lately. This trip was make or break for us. We were both pleasantly surprised. I'd urge anyone thinking of selling to make a trip before making that decision.

One example of the 'magic' was....our friend (who'd never been before) wore a t-shirt that said, "I'm here for the Mickey bars." He went to a food cart in MK to purchase some popcorn and the cast member told him he liked his shirt. He then asked if he'd had on yet to which our friend replied, "Not yet." The cast member then handed him a Mickey bar and said, 'Have your first one on Mickey." That gesture absolutely made his trip.

Suzabella
The magic is most definitely still there. I think a lot of the people saying it isn't there are just negative and pessimistic people overall. I'm a pretty optimistic person so I saw a lot of magic.

Sleepy
We were in the Blue Ridges of NC last weekend at Beech Mt, elevation 5506'. Its absolutely beautiful IMO. On a clear day you can see 100 miles away into VA and Tenn from that point. Would love to have a place to call home part of the year(not the snowy part though I do love to snow ski)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter