VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Thank you very much for your answer Sleepydog25. I think it would take between 751-731 for 9 nights which is what I am hoping for. And I hope to find a CC owner with that many...keeping my fingers crossed.
A separate question I have is, is it difficult to get to an early ( 8:00 ) breakfast reservation on time in the parks using Disney transportation from WLV?

So I feel I need to explain myself. I have and always will LOVE the WL. The theming, IMO, is one of the best on property. I think the stay at CCV followed directly by the VWL stay made us realize they did not “modernize” the rooms when they refurbished....i.e. larger television screens, the silly, but important to me lighted makeup mirror (I’m old I need magnification to put on makeup)!

We’re here at the World now, staying at BLT in a LV Studio. First impressions....we waited forever for our room. We checked in at 10:AM yesterday and by 3:30 we had not received the text so decided to inquire. It actually wasn’t quite ready, but within 10 minutes it was. I understand they technically have until 4:00, but even the CM at the front desk said, “oh you checked in at 10!”

The room is on the 7th floor and feels very small, I think mostly because we do not normally stay in studios, but it’s fine for just the two of us. I am thinking I’m going to need to waitlist a 1BR for December though. The view is lovely! I’m typing from our balcony this morning enjoying my coffee and the sound of the fountain, and the gorgeous sunrise! They are doing a lot of painting here so many workers will be starting their day soon.

Yesterday we went to the MK for a while - I love how accessible it is from BLT. In the evening we rode Soarin and had dinner at Via Napoli. After dinner we went to see Don Felder perform. He was absolutely fantastic! Honestly, one of the best performances we’ve seen at Epcot!

Today we’re headed to Studios and Groupie Meet tonight!:cool1:

No need to explain yourself. Of course your love the lodge or you wouldn't be a groupie! Everyone has different taste in decor. There isn't a right or wrong. :hug:

Thank you very much for your answer Sleepydog25. I think it would take between 751-731 for 9 nights which is what I am hoping for. And I hope to find a CC owner with that many...keeping my fingers crossed.
A separate question I have is, is it difficult to get to an early ( 8:00 ) breakfast reservation on time in the parks using Disney transportation from WLV?
As to the first part, that is a ton of points, and my guess is that you'll have to find more than a single owner. Once again, using a broker agent would likely be your best bet since they could do all the searching for you. Generally speaking, you shouldn't have an issue getting to the parks early for a breakfast reservation as the buses do run early. Best wishes!

You can always check with Disney about the cash rate for the rooms and go that route if the cost isn't a lot different. Again, best wishes in your search!
I appreciate your well wishes and may have to go that route. I’m still cautiously optimistic I may be able to find the points, but perhaps that’s a wish in the bucket... thanks again

I appreciate your well wishes and may have to go that route. I’m still cautiously optimistic I may be able to find the points, but perhaps that’s a wish in the bucket... thanks again
You are most welcome! Please come back and let us know what happens. You are welcome any time to drop in and chat! Cheers!

We’re having a great time. The weather has been wonderful, today was warm but the breeze was fabulous. We headed to AK, and then to Disney Springs. We had a nice lunch at The Boathouse, did some shopping, then spent much too much time waiting for the return bus. :sad2:

We thought about heading to the MK this evening, but decided we would rather spend more time with Mr. & Mrs. Granny, DDad and DDi at the Territory Lounge. We’re so glad we did! Always great company! We strolled through the WL lobby, and a quick walk through the Mercantile before heading back to BLT.

We also enjoyed round trip “express” boat rides to and from the Lodge. Our return ride should have taken us to the Fort Wilderness first, but we quickly realized our captain was taking us directly to the Contemporary. I told him it was nice surprise! He said he was supposed to go there but there wasn’t anyone waiting. We were the only two on the boat!

I do like going “home” and being able to see the castle before bed!

D8A2F6D5-FCA4-4AE1-8DCE-800CFC2411E1.jpeg

Tomorrow back to MK and Epcot. :flower1:

Another beautiful day in paradise. Just lounging on our balcony, listening to the kids enjoying the pool, the occasional whistle from a lifeguard and the sounds of the boat horns. We’ve done much less park time than our previous trips and continue to enjoy the company of friends in an amazing setting. Not many pictures, I’m afraid, but enjoying the sunshine and even the occasional rain. I hope all are doing well...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Another beautiful day in paradise. Just lounging on our balcony, listening to the kids enjoying the pool, the occasional whistle from a lifeguard and the sounds of the boat horns. We’ve done much less park time than our previous trips and continue to enjoy the company of friends in an amazing setting. Not many pictures, I’m afraid, but enjoying the sunshine and even the occasional rain. I hope all are doing well...you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for checking in! We're envious but also realize we'll have our times coming in the future. Continue having fun!

Loving the trip reports Corinne and Granny!!
Another beautiful day in paradise. Just lounging on our balcony, listening to the kids enjoying the pool, the occasional whistle from a lifeguard and the sounds of the boat horns.
Granny, This says it all!!
We also enjoyed round trip “express” boat rides to and from the Lodge. Our return ride should have taken us to the Fort Wilderness first, but we quickly realized our captain was taking us directly to the Contemporary. I told him it was nice surprise! He said he was supposed to go there but there wasn’t anyone waiting. We were the only two on the boat!
Corinne, This has happened to us on a couple occasions. I love it, like a magical moment:wizard:

We are looking forward to our Oct cruise and getting in some non park time at SSR for a few days prior. But my mind keeps jumping past that to our Dec trip to VWL. Cant wait to "Be Back Home Again" in the words of John Denver

Last edited:
Hi all! Checking into BRV tomorrow for the very first time!!! Can’t wait! I’ve asked a couple of questions on this thread the last couple of months in preparation and you’ve all been so kind and helpful! Thanks to you all and I’m so excited to fall in love with your Home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter