VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

BCV did not have our online check in ready the other night. Must have been too early arriving at 12:30am. :laughing: The credit card was on file though. But my magic band did not work for the door. I was happy that DH's did. I really was hoping for a room text do we could have skipped the front desk at that time of night. The system is still hit or miss for whatever reason. :sad2:

I agree. Sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't. My last stay no text. Previous stay I did receive the text. I didn't bother doing online check-in for our BLT stay because I want to talk to someone at the desk to be sure the 2 reservations are linked properly the housekeeping schedule is correct. That has been an issue for us in the past at VWL with linked stays.

High groupies! So if you all remember I was trying to do decide if I should add on OKW points or not about a month ago. Well, we said no and forgot about it. I received an email this weekend that points are available for my use year at the lodge! YES PLEASE.

SO EXCITED; I just had to share. Then we will finally have 100 points at the lodge. Maybe I can book whole trips at one time now. LOL

Congrats! :cool1:

Trying hard to stay current with the thread! We'll see if it last once we arrive at WDW. :laughing:

Di & Dad - 5/3 more sleeps! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Not old news at all...thank you for taking the time to post the information. Hopefully they will continue to discourage pool hopping to WL pool which had been an issue in the past. Funny that you need a magic band to get a wrist band now? :)
When we were there in November they just asked us if we were staying at the resort. They never scanned magic bands or even asked what our room number was. Actually, the one day the gentleman at the gate asked if I was a dvc member and then he said that another member had told him about pool hopping, but he wasn't sure of the details and asked if I knew about it and if i could tell him about it. Glad to see he received proper training.

We got back to SSR a bit after midnight. Magic bands didn't work to open the room door. They did a soft reset from the front desk and they work now. Called for our bags and cold storage. Stuff just arrived and its 1:28 AM.

All these trip reports...you folks have me longing for being in WDW and the Lodge:lovestruc

Good Morning Groupies! We're on a single-digit countdown. Can someone point me to a tutorial or give me instruction how to post pictures? I'm sorry to say that I've posted no pictures since the Dis changed their format. Am I able to post directly from my phone, or do I still need to 'host' through photo bucket?

wildernessDad, Rich and I are hopeful of seeing you and the family while you're still at the Lodge.

Lots to do - enjoy your day!
Di

We got back to SSR a bit after midnight. Magic bands didn't work to open the room door. They did a soft reset from the front desk and they work now. Called for our bags and cold storage. Stuff just arrived and its 1:28 AM.

Uh oh, we kept you out too late! :flower3: Gordon and I had a great time meeting and chatting with you, Toni and Jesse. Next time we'll make it an earlier night.

High groupies! So if you all remember I was trying to do decide if I should add on OKW points or not about a month ago. Well, we said no and forgot about it. I received an email this weekend that points are available for my use year at the lodge! YES PLEASE.

SO EXCITED; I just had to share. Then we will finally have 100 points at the lodge. Maybe I can book whole trips at one time now. LOL

Oh Boy! More Points! Such a great mood builder!

Good Morning Groupies! We're on a single-digit countdown. Can someone point me to a tutorial or give me instruction how to post pictures? I'm sorry to say that I've posted no pictures since the Dis changed their format. Am I able to post directly from my phone, or do I still need to 'host' through photo bucket?

Di

You do not HAVE to host anymore, but you can. There is a 1 MB size limitation though. I am able to usually just drag and drop from a folder somewhere on my computer.

Worth elaborating on ... the primary reason for this occurring is that each Hotel/Villa computer system is LOCAL - room lock data is not somehow "centralized" in the main MDE Database. Which can result in odd stuff when the two divergent systems start fighting with each other....

On our next to last APRIL 2015 trip, we carried TWO SETS of MBs. All of these worked fine at Artist's Point. Go to the room? FAIL. Two "reprogram"s later? Still not working. But not because of the MBs.... because of a synchronization failure of the WL local computer with the ultimate MDE system. Restaurants? No problem. Room locks? No way :).

So - what to do? Just our experience - but we carried TWO SETS of MBs (Reservation & AP). Both were just fine for EVERYTHING BUT the local Hotel Room Locks. After repeated failures, we just had the desk issue us key cards (they still can, and seem to NEED this ability, fairly often). So - consider TRYING the MB - but if it just doesn't do it's job to open a door? Consider a Key card, rather than risk "reprogramming" :(. It would be sad to have the room locks work, then find that everything ELSE no longer worked :(.

On our last trip we stayed at SSR and for the first time we had a ton of trouble with our magic bands. The room key aspect of it worked but the credit card was never properly linked. We must have gone to the desk 3 times to try and reprogram them before we gave up and just used our credit cards instead of room charge everywhere on property.

In other news, ONE WEEK until we are at the lodge!!!!! :jumping1:

We had to check into SSR. They didn't see that I used online check in. I used online check in. They didn't see my credit card.
The bold part made me chuckle out of the blue. I know it's aggravating, but your dry "delivery" was humorous. I haven't been on in a few days, mostly due to work during the day then rehearsals for "The Nutcracker" in the evenings. Hope all the travelers are/will be safe traveling.

We will be at the World toward the end of the month in order to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. I'm still bummed they'll no longer be found there, especially since we had planned a long Christmas trip in a couple of years which included said lights. Instead, we cobbled together a few days at OKW and will see them one last time. Speaking of that light show, if there is anyone who a) is in the World on or prior to the 30th, b) who is heading into DHS on a Monday or Wednesday, c) is a DVC owner, AND d) who might be willing to stop by Sid Kahuna's near Guest Services to pick up some Mickey viewing glasses for the show and send them to us (obviously, I'll pay for the shipping) or hold them at the Lodge, please PM me. It's a lot to ask, but luv is jonesing for some of those particular glasses. They only hand them out on Mondays and Wednesdays, and we'll be there Thursday to Sunday, of course. It's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. :)

Well, I finally made it to that critical point: 1 day until going to the lodge! I cant believe its finally here. This is my first time staying at the lodge both on our own points, and at Christmastime. My family is so excited! We stayed at animal kingdom lodge last year at Christmas on rented points, and I remember the feeling I got when first walking into the lobby knowing that we were actually staying there rather than touring. I have a feeling that will be even better when I walk into the lobby at WL.
Woohoo!!

Well, I finally made it to that critical point: 1 day until going to the lodge! I cant believe its finally here. This is my first time staying at the lodge both on our own points, and at Christmastime. My family is so excited! We stayed at animal kingdom lodge last year at Christmas on rented points, and I remember the feeling I got when first walking into the lobby knowing that we were actually staying there rather than touring. I have a feeling that will be even better when I walk into the lobby at WL.
Woohoo!!
The feeling as you walk into the Lodge. . .on your own points. . .at Christmas. . .truly brings inimitable shimmers of joy and a definite sense of being "home." I suppose much of that is due to the romanticized version of the holiday most of us grow up with, that nostalgic vision of peace, excitement, and good will all rolled into one. Well, the Lodge eloquently underscores those notions, and I can't think of a better resort into which to stroll during this time. Enjoy!

The bold part made me chuckle out of the blue. I know it's aggravating, but your dry "delivery" was humorous. I haven't been on in a few days, mostly due to work during the day then rehearsals for "The Nutcracker" in the evenings. Hope all the travelers are/will be safe traveling.

We will be at the World toward the end of the month in order to see the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights. I'm still bummed they'll no longer be found there, especially since we had planned a long Christmas trip in a couple of years which included said lights. Instead, we cobbled together a few days at OKW and will see them one last time. Speaking of that light show, if there is anyone who a) is in the World on or prior to the 30th, b) who is heading into DHS on a Monday or Wednesday, c) is a DVC owner, AND d) who might be willing to stop by Sid Kahuna's near Guest Services to pick up some Mickey viewing glasses for the show and send them to us (obviously, I'll pay for the shipping) or hold them at the Lodge, please PM me. It's a lot to ask, but luv is jonesing for some of those particular glasses. They only hand them out on Mondays and Wednesdays, and we'll be there Thursday to Sunday, of course. It's a long shot, but I thought I'd ask. :)

Hello all, I have fallen off the boards. I am getting crushed at work. My wife and daughter at buried at their respective schools. Also, I understand Christmas is getting close, shopping cards, family gatherings and such. We are only 13 days out before we go home again. We need to start preparing our box of clothes and stuff to ship to the VWL. I think DVC should offer a service to come to your house and pack for you. Any way Sleepy I glanced thru to today's posts (quick break from work) and noticed something about mickey glasses and the lights. We saw the Osborne show for the first time last year, but were rushed for time. We are planning to go back and soak it up. I don't have our itinerary spreadsheet here at work, but I looked at the MDE site. Here is the deal, we are in the lodge 12/22 thru 12/31. Our checkout is 11:00 am on new years eve. MDE show us with FP(s) on Wednesday 12/23 and Wednesday 12/30 at the HS. I recall that there was discussion to go back to HS just for the lights, but I can't recall which day. Maybe I could pickup glasses on 12/23, use them whenever we go and then get them to you somehow. Why don't you PM me, and if comfortable leave a phone number. Like I said between work, church, holiday schedule activities, workouts, etc. Time is very tight. It might work better if I call you (?), unless you know a fast way. I'm not spending much time here these days. I will help you if I can.

BTW I might try to break into construction site and get some pics. Construction news seems very slow here. Do we have any agents in the field?

If I don't get back before I leave, Merry Christmas to all my friends here. May you all have a blessed Christmas. God bless us all.

Last edited:
Really?! Hmmm. o_O We thought it weird it was just those two days, but those two days are what have been advertised. Well. . .:scratchin

Not a DVC member yet... Does anyone know if you can just buy them?? We will be checking in to WL on the 19th and at HS on the 20th.

The feeling as you walk into the Lodge. . .on your own points. . .at Christmas. . .truly brings inimitable shimmers of joy and a definite sense of being "home." I suppose much of that is due to the romanticized version of the holiday most of us grow up with, that nostalgic vision of peace, excitement, and good will all rolled into one. Well, the Lodge eloquently underscores those notions, and I can't think of a better resort into which to stroll during this time. Enjoy!

I agree.

And wait The Nutcracker? How did I miss that? Dancing?

Bon voyage to all the groupies departing in the next few days! Have a great time! :santa:

Two sleeps for me . . . DiznyDi was out of bed this morning by 4AM . . no more sleeps for her; the thrill is on . . . . :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter